Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
S
I have a big project in RL coming up and am looking forward to the challenge. (Hopefully more on this later. :)) Unfortunately, I also have two story ideas that I won't be able to work on for the foreseeable future. I'd like to open them up to anyone who can use them. If I can still write them, great, but I'd rather potentially inspire someone in the meantime. Besides, when has anyone here complained that we ended up with more stories?

Story idea #1

• Clark heard the story of the Blue Max from the Reader's Digest article. Blue Max was a trucker in the 1970's who drove a blue Mack truck and anonymously helped stranded motorists on the freeways in the American midwest for many years. (I remember the story and know it was in RD, but unfortunately I can't find any links.)
  • Clark found the globe and saw some or all of the messages—saw the El symbol
  • Graduated high school and went to college.
  • Traveled abroad. Started doing rescues. Inspired by a mixture of the Blue Max and his father's symbol Clark created the Suit as a disguise. He wore the suit, but still tried to stay under the radar, hoping that his appearances would become urban legend rather than news..
  • Went to Metropolis. Interviewed with Perry, but was turned down. Heard about the Theater piece but did not meet Lois at the interview.
  • Wanted to work at the Planet so he wrote the theater piece, sold the piece, but was still turned down.
  • Saved the space station and met Lois. Took her to the Planet. Clark is seriously smitten.
  • Lois writes the big Superman story. Superman is enormous news.
  • Now in desperation to work at the Planet and running low on funds, Clark writes up a story about pre-public rescues by Superman with some examples. Now Perry has an expanded budget due to Superman and hires Clark.
  • Clark is on staff at the Planet but Lois's claws are out because he's upstaged her story and he's a direct threat to her position as top dog.

Story idea #2
I was actually thinking of combining the two, but that was just an idea. Here's the introduction in the form of a newspaper article:

Kent Journals Found

Tycho Crater, June 2295

Today Lunar authorities have confirmed the existence of the first of the long-rumored “Kent Journals”.

Almost a century ago the Kent Family released a statement that they believed that Clark Kent, AKA The First of the Supermen, had left a series of vaults containing his personal journals. The locations of and methods of access for these vaults would be released automatically by one of the specially secured “computers” maintained by the Superman Foundation. Earlier this week the rumors were confirmed when the location of Journal 1 was displayed on its ancient screen. The journal itself was located in a 2 meter wide fissure about 45 Km from the Tycho settlement in a cairn sealed with the El family crest.

We are happy to present the text of Journal 1 to you today.

Shallowford
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Shallowford, please, please, please flesh out story idea #2. I really want to read that journal!

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard