Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
This is a longer chapter, but an important one. To view a version of the original Mike Nichols/Elaine May skit, go here. I hope y'all think it's as funny as I do.

I believe that the Nichols-May routine on YouTube is truncated due to time constraints on the Jack Paar show. And, as usual, I've added a few specific Lois & Clark touches.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This chapter was excellent (as they all have been), but you're killing me. Killing me, I say!

I want to stuff them into each others' pants, lock them in Clark's hidden SuperCloset, and not let them out until they've both come to their senses.

I'm praying for some accidental sleep snuggling in the next chapter, just to keep me breathing! lol

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Terry!

And there were too many reps from other clubs there that night to blow an entire show because he was upset – even if she fully understood why.
Yeah, she probably should have taken one for the team. Well, taken Clark for the team. He'd probably get over his guilt complex if he finds her still next to him the next morning.
LOIS: Nobody told me that that was an option!

“Sorry, Lois, I’m just not in the mood tonight.”
Gurney Halleck put it best:
https://terrygotham.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/hlocwr2.png?w=1024&h=576

You get this routine right or so help me I’ll smack the crap out of you right here on stage!”
That could be an interesting new bit - husband getting hit after getting home late. Again.

“You’re going to have to give the driver an enormous tip.”
She chould just divvy up the body and put it in two or three suitcases. That way, the driver wouldn't need to be tipped extra special.

“Just one more item, and this is the last one, I assure you. I’m truly sorry to intrude on your grief in this manner, but it is my job, after all.”

“Yes, yes, what is it?”
I’m guessing a spot, roughly 3x6ft across and about 6ft down.

If five of them use our service, you’ll get a fifteen percent discount on your next purchase.”
They made a killing with that offer during Valentine’s Day in Chicago 1929.

“Thank you, thank you all,” Lois called. “We hope you enjoyed hearing us as much as we enjoyed doing the show.”
Yes, quite entertaining. Don’t you agree, Nigel?

“Well, we got married yesterday afternoon, and as much as I like it when we can make people laugh, it’s not exactly the way I thought I’d be spending my time tonight.”
Oooh! [Linked Image] Lois is going to be soooo confused.
LOIS: Sadly, no. Clark’s just doing inappropriate improv.

“I’m just funning with you, girlfriend. You take that man home and show him a honeymoonin’ good time, okay?”

Lois smiled at the woman in the audience. “That’s an excellent suggestion – girlfriend. I think I ought to implement your suggestion.” She turned to her husband and kissed him square on the mouth. “What do you think about that suggestion, dear?”
CLARK: [Linked Image]
LOIS: [Linked Image] You *do* own a copy of the Kamasutra, don’t you? I mean, I do remember seeing it in your bookshelf, gathering dust.

Clark looked startled for a moment, then put his hands on Lois’ waist and nodded. “Right now I’m wondering why we’re still here.”
Talk about mixed signals in all directions. No wonder Little Clark's completely confused.

There was nothing preventing them from talking or making dinner or – or doing anything else.
/points at author/ Him. He will prevent them from doing anything else.

On the one hand, the thought of making love with Clark as her husband made part of her want to trip him and pull off her clothes before he could get up.
Oooooh! She’s got options!

If she were really lucky, he’d move in front of her and give her one of those electric smiles. If he did, she was sure she’d have the energy to activate the flux capacitor and go a few months back in time and
Oooooh! She's nerdy! Although that would only work if she managed to trap her younger self in the bathroom or something without Clark knowing.

He glided past her without touching her and went to the kitchen.
Burn!
LOIS: *sniffles* Why is it suddenly so cold in her.

“N-no,” she managed. “I don’t want anything.”
Liar!
LOIS: [Linked Image]

“There’s an all-night bodega about six blocks from here. Is there anything you want me to pick up?”
Protection?

It was her turn to take the couch.

She was starting to hate that blasted couch.

It didn’t look any better through her sheen of tears.
On the plus side, she did mention the word 'coward' earlier. She really should use that night to surprise Clark in their marriage bed.

once we’re done with the story we’ll get an annulment and I’m thinking about moving to Outer Mongolia and making some Kryptonite earplugs so I don’t have to hear her tell me how she can’t wait until she’s single again.”
Yeah, I assume that would go over well with Mom and Dad. Martha would probably be on the next plane East before he manages to hang up.

He flew higher and began scanning the darkened city. Come on, muggers, he thought, here’s your chance to meet a sexually frustrated Superman who’d love to release some tension all over your fragile, crushable little heads.
rotflol

not take her in his arms and fly her around the room and the city and the country and set her down on some unoccupied mountain peak in the Rockies and tell her that she could either make love to him right then and there or walk to civilization.
Oh boy. That could hurt. I’m sure even Superman has limits.

And that train of thought was extremely unproductive, unless he wanted a surplus of unresolved tension crammed into his bright red outside underwear.
Would make for interesting photographs for the Digger to print.

But he still managed to shadow the older lady as she shuffled home – without incident, fortunately.
Awwww…

Maybe she should just throw the Hail Mary and walk out of the shower in the morning without wrapping a towel around herself, dripping all over the carpet and squeezing her hair in her hands to show off her figure to its best advantage and walk up to him and wrap herself around him and try to induce a heart attack.
Oooooh! That one! That one should work!

A sudden thump on the door rattled her. “Lois?” someone whispered from outside the door. “Lois, are you awake?”
Huh, I'm not sure she's right about that one. It could be Clark with all hands full, but is it really? /bites nails/

She put her bag on the table, then peeked into the plastic one he’d offered to her and smiled wider. The little dear really had thought of her after all.
See? She really should take a shower in the morning.

She’d risk her heart to him tomorrow
/perks up/

And while ice cream might add a couple of pounds to her frame, it wouldn’t rip her heart out of her chest and run it through the shredder.
Yeah, about that. On the plus side, there's an exercise regiment she could undertake to work off those calories.

It’s only average money for you guys, but the exposure will be priceless. You can’t buy publicity like that without killing someone.”
Actually, she could become notorious as Superman's girlfriend, that would get her more publicity. Especially now that she's married.

“Yeah,” growled the one shaped like a fire hydrant. “We want to book you for a private party.”

Clark frowned. “Who’s giving this party?”

“Mister Smith,” the second, more refined-looking one replied in a surprisingly clear tenor voice.
So, more like Gorilla Grodd than fire hydrant, then?

Cat smiled and flounced past them. “No thanks. I told my date that I’d meet him at the front door.” She stopped and turned to face them, her smile gone. “You two be real careful for a few days. I don’t think these guys play within the rules.”
Wouldn't it be awkward if they got booked by Mr. Spencer?

“Shh. It’s okay.” He wrapped her up in his arms. “I would not have let that happen, Lois. No way would I let that happen.”
Awwww… That could crack her resolve. Make her vulnerable.

She tensed against him. “Actually – I was hoping that – that you’d stay with me tonight. In the bed, I mean.”
Ooooh! [Linked Image]

It would be heaven to wake up beside her.
They might end up spooning. There might be awkwardness on his part the morning. She might approve. He might freeze. She might thaw. He might get tomato red. She might not care. Things might turn to a black screen.
[Linked Image] What’s with all that UST? Hmm…? Where’s the next part? Oh, right, erm…never mind blush wink

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard