Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#279072 02/15/18 11:03 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A response to Kerth Challenge #6. My character was Dan Scardino and this is set at the end of Whine Whine Whine. I hope you enjoy. I don't do introspectives well so please be gentle. **ducks from flying tomatoes**

peep

FDK appreciated as always.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Columnist
Columnist
Woah. I was trying to figure it out if it was Dan, Clark, or Jimmy at one point. For just a second I even felt pity for Dan until I realized Lois was with the right guy. Just goes to show that at times with the right writer behind the scenes you can make us feel bad for the other guy.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
At first I thought it was Lex, but than when he mentioned she reminded him of someone I suspected it might be Scardino. He might not have been the most likable of people, but in the end even he must have realized Lois was with the right man for her.

It would have saved himself a lot of grief if he had followed the signs.
Very neatly done! smile1

Last edited by Morgana; 02/15/18 05:25 PM. Reason: Additional material

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Geez, and you call me ‘Introspective Queen’! notworthy

Beautiful work Val. Interesting choice of Scardino and you pulled it off really well. An interesting look into a character that’s often written just to annoy.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by CarrieRene
Woah. I was trying to figure it out if it was Dan, Clark, or Jimmy at one point. For just a second I even felt pity for Dan until I realized Lois was with the right guy. Just goes to show that at times with the right writer behind the scenes you can make us feel bad for the other guy.

Aw, thanks, Carrie. Yeah, I tried to keep it mysterious to keep everyone guessing.

Originally Posted by Morgana
At first I thought it was Lex, but than when he mentioned she reminded him of someone I suspected it might be Scardino. He might not have been the most likable of people, but in the end even he must have realized Lois was with the right man for her.

It would have saved himself a lot of grief if he had followed the signs.
Very neatly done! smile1

Thanks Morgana! Yes, Scardino would have saved himself a lot of grief and pain if he had paid attention to the signs. No matter how great a guy you are if you're not the one she loves you're the wrong guy. End of story.

Originally Posted by NostalgiaKick
Geez, and you call me ‘Introspective Queen’! notworthy

Beautiful work Val. Interesting choice of Scardino and you pulled it off really well. An interesting look into a character that’s often written just to annoy.

Aww, thanks Feli. I'm glad I could do it justice. You'll always wear the crown for Introspectives though wink

Yeah, I know I'm guilty of writing Dan just to annoy at times so I thought getting in his head would be a challenge. Seeing things from the other side is hard sometimes but necessary.

Thanks everyone for the comments. smile1

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
Kerth
Kerth
clap Love it! You've humanized Scardino! No small feat... I got it when he said Lois reminded him of someone, but I love that you kept it subtle still. Very well done. I also like that from Dan's perspective he sees Clark as the wrong guy for her, because without knowing the whole story, he kinda looks that way.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
You did a great job with it! I actually felt bad for Dan!

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
jackiek #279150 02/19/18 10:44 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Mouserocks
clap Love it! You've humanized Scardino! No small feat... I got it when he said Lois reminded him of someone, but I love that you kept it subtle still. Very well done. I also like that from Dan's perspective he sees Clark as the wrong guy for her, because without knowing the whole story, he kinda looks that way.

I'm not sure if I've 'humanized' him but maybe gave him a little bit of perspective and depth? It was really hard to get in his shoes. He comes off as .... I don't like him. razz

Anyway, glad you liked it.

Originally Posted by jackiek
You did a great job with it! I actually felt bad for Dan!

shock Wow... If I can do that then that's saying something... lol

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Val!

I’m guilty of creating my own heartache.

I’m guilty of creating hers.
Call-Me-Daniel is quite unexpectedly mature there.

She chose him.

She loved him.

She wanted him.

I was just too bullheaded to see it.
clap

You did quite an unexpected deep dive there! He certainly covers up a lot with those shirts of his.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard