Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Enjoy your weekend, everyone! Clark's got a new friend now, huh? laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I had to stop reading this chapter before I got to end when Clark was talking about how people shouldn't have to lose loved ones in that way. I cannot say or write that word, but I lost the person who meant most to me in just that way. Except the guy who did it came out of it fine and didn't face any consequences for his actions, which just makes losing them like that so much harder. It was several minutes before I was able to come back and finish reading the rest of the chapter.

I got confused with Floyd and Larry when Clark was trying to find an apartment.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Features Writer
Features Writer
Yay, friends! smile1

Glad to see Clark open himself up. Sharing so much with Lois must have been difficult to write, in addition to challenging to read. Love your take on the scene with Floyd. I'm also not sure who Larry is. Did I miss something?

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Columnist
Columnist
I'm so happy to see these two getting along so well. Friends and she is not so witchy as she was in the show at the beginning. When Clark was reminisincing about his parents; you could tell how heartbroken it felt yet how nice it was to remember his parents that way.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lady Loisette
I had to stop reading this chapter before I got to end when Clark was talking about how people shouldn't have to lose loved ones in that way. I cannot say or write that word, but I lost the person who meant most to me in just that way. Except the guy who did it came out of it fine and didn't face any consequences for his actions, which just makes losing them like that so much harder. It was several minutes before I was able to come back and finish reading the rest of the chapter.

I got confused with Floyd and Larry when Clark was trying to find an apartment.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

I've been fortunate to not lose anyone I care about in such a manner, and I am so, so sorry that you've had to experience that. I can't imagine how painful that is, especially when the party at fault gets off scott-free.

I apologize for the Floyd/Larry mix up. It was Larry in the first draft, then Val reminded me that his name was Floyd in the show. I somehow missed changing it, twice, when I was editing it.

Thanks for reading.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Yay, friends! smile1

Glad to see Clark open himself up. Sharing so much with Lois must have been difficult to write, in addition to challenging to read. Love your take on the scene with Floyd. I'm also not sure who Larry is. Did I miss something?

Friends are good! Especially for Lois and Clark - two very lonely souls - Clark's friendship with Bruce notwithstanding. Opening up is painful for him, but exactly what he needs, and really lets Lois see him in a completely different light.

Sorry for the landlord confusion. Larry was Floyd in the first draft, then Val reminded me it was Floyd. I missed a few Larrys when I changed them over.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by CarrieRene
I'm so happy to see these two getting along so well. Friends and she is not so witchy as she was in the show at the beginning. When Clark was reminisincing about his parents; you could tell how heartbroken it felt yet how nice it was to remember his parents that way.

This version of Clark has a leg-up on canon Clark. He's written a lot of puff pieces, but he's worked at a major newspaper. He's competition for Lois, sure, but she's also able to believe he can pull his own weight in their partnership.

Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, come one, Vicki. Everyone knows Larry is Floyd's alternate personality. Larry is the reasonable guy that Clark was able to talk down in price. Floyd is the money hungry landlord that wants to jack up the price as much as he can. j/k rotflol

At least I made you laugh, right?

Really love how you've eased these two into a comfortable friendship. Flows very nicely. Great job. Vulnerable moments for Clark just enough to begin chipping away at the hard veneer around Lois' heart and let him in. clap love

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
Oh, come one, Vicki. Everyone knows Larry is Floyd's alternate personality. Larry is the reasonable guy that Clark was able to talk down in price. Floyd is the money hungry landlord that wants to jack up the price as much as he can. j/k rotflol

Really love how you've eased these two into a comfortable friendship. Flows very nicely. Great job. Vulnerable moments for Clark just enough to begin chipping away at the hard veneer around Lois' heart and let him in. clap love

Haha! Look there, down in that alley. Its....Landlord Man! Money grubbing piece of work by day, generous rent lowerer by night. It's Landlord Man!

Funny thing is, Clark wasn't even trying to lower Lois' guard. But he's still awesome like that. 😁

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Oh, come on, Vicki. Everyone knows Larry is Floyd's alternate personality. Larry is the reasonable guy that Clark was able to talk down in price. Floyd is the money hungry landlord that wants to jack up the price as much as he can. j/k rotflol

Haha! Look there, down in that alley. Its....Landlord Man! Money grubbing piece of work by day, generous rent lowerer by night. It's Landlord Man!

Funny thing is, Clark wasn't even trying to lower Lois' guard. But he's still awesome like that. 😁

Landlord Man!? LOL! rotflol
smile1

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Oh, come on, Vicki. Everyone knows Larry is Floyd's alternate personality. Larry is the reasonable guy that Clark was able to talk down in price. Floyd is the money hungry landlord that wants to jack up the price as much as he can. j/k rotflol

Landlord Man!? LOL! rotflol
smile1

grin grin grin grin

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer

"No, it doesn't," she finally said. "I would have done the same thing, if I were you. If I'd had a contact within the Planet, I absolutely would have enlisted their help in securing the internship. Besides, we've done a couple of investigations together. You're more than capable as a reporter. I've met others with far more years of experience than you have who, well...let's just say that I'm amazed they can tie their own shoelaces, let alone act as a reliable news source."

For Lois, this is a HUGE compliment. I have no doubt in her time as a reporter she has seen lots of folks who got where they were because of who they know, not what. It seems as if she and Clark are moving nicely into a comfortable relationship. So much better than in canon!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
"No, it doesn't," she finally said. "I would have done the same thing, if I were you. If I'd had a contact within the Planet, I absolutely would have enlisted their help in securing the internship. Besides, we've done a couple of investigations together. You're more than capable as a reporter. I've met others with far more years of experience than you have who, well...let's just say that I'm amazed they can tie their own shoelaces, let alone act as a reliable news source."

For Lois, this is a HUGE compliment. I have no doubt in her time as a reporter she has seen lots of folks who got where they were because of who they know, not what. It seems as if she and Clark are moving nicely into a comfortable relationship. So much better than in canon!

Ha! Thanks! smile

Yes, this is a huge step for Lois. She's not only complimenting Clark, but she's basically admitting that she misjudged him in the beginning. It's allowing them to get closer and into a comfortable friendship. For once, Clark's feeling on top of the world! wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Aww, I love the relationship between those two. They fit together perfectly as partners friends and probably even more.

But now I am almost halfway through the story and things go very smooth and easy, does something explode when I open the next parts?

Kathryn

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard