Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hello all,

I must admit I cheated a little with the conditions of the challenge, which were to write an L&C fanfic based upon the song one had heard most recently. I couldn't recall what had been the last song I had heard before I read the challenge, so I decided to tweak the rules so that I would have to write a fanfic based upon the next song I heard. Well, the next morning, my alarm app wakened me to "Lord of the Dance." It seemed to me that no matter what story I wound up writing, it would be likely to offend someone, either because it would seem sacrilegious or else because it would seem proselytizing. I therefore decided to give "Lord of the Dance" a pass as the basis of a story. My current story, therefore, was based on the second song I heard after having read the challenge.

I'll admit that I am using the term "story" very loosely. This is really more of a snippet than a story, but it was the best I could come up with given the song I was "assigned."

As always, all comments welcomed.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw, Lynn, this was nice. smile

It seemed to me that no matter what story I wound up writing, it would be likely to offend someone, either because it would seem sacrilegious or else because it would seem proselytizing.

I had the same problem, which is why I haven't answered the challenge yet myself. XD Although, my phone did just ring recently, so hmmmm.....

~•~
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Queenie,

I'm glad you liked my piece. I am impressed with what you did come up with, the moreso since, being without lyrics, it was not, technically, even based on a song. Well done!

Joy,
Lynn

Columnist
Columnist
I enjoyed this. It could be what he was actually thinking. For a second I thought it was a song from the 80's "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" by Starship. I enjoyed this snippet though. Thank you.

Sometimes working without lyrics makes it your own.

Kerth
Kerth
clap Great, Lynn! I gotta admit, it makes me imagine Superman bursting into a musical number at the end of it, so it definitely lives up. Love it!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hello CarrieRene, thank you. I'm glad this seemed in character for you. I'm not familiar with the 80's song, so I hadn't realized there was any potential for confusion.

Mouserocks, then my work here is done. wink

Joy,
Lynn

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Lynn, that was beautiful! I love how excited he seems. Well done!

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi NorstalgiaKick,

Thank you. I tried to have my narrative approach the exuberance and self-confidence captured by the song. If you haven't had a chance to hear Anthony Newley sing it, you can hear him here. I can never listen to this song without breaking into a huge grin myself.

Joy,
Lynn

Features Writer
Features Writer
Beautifully done, Lynn! I love how perfectly you've captured his enthusiasm in a few sentences. He FINALLY feels like he belongs! clap

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Thanks, Cuidadora. It's definitely a new feeling for him.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wonderfully done! You've really captured that adrenaline rush he'd be having at his first successful outing as Superman. And you've managed it in just a few sentences. Excellent story!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Thanks, Deadly Chakram. It was a fun piece to write, since trying to get into Clark's head then boosted my own spirits.

Joy,
Lynn

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
This is great! I can feel his relief and excitement.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Thanks, Jackie. It was fun stepping into his shoes (boots?) while writing this. It lifted my spirits, too.

Joy,
Lynn

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Lynn!

and now that my Superman character has met with a favorable debut, I should be able to settle down, finally.
Best Laid Plans…

Nothing can stop me now!
[Linked Image]

evil You certainly set him up to fall, huh?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Michael,

rotflol Touché. Yeah, Clark's isn't at his best when he is "stoned"; is he? wink

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Depends on the color evil

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard