Mad Dog's Demise by Shallowford.
Not a deathfic. Disclaimers apply. I don't own anything, just having fun. Why are you still reading this? Shouldn't you already be reading the story by now? Hope you enjoy this vignette.

Feedback goes here
Lois and Perry exited the editor's office. Perry headed off muttering something about Ralph. Lois headed to her partner's desk with their new assignment. Clark was relaxing at his desk with a cup of coffee and she could see he was doodling on a piece of paper. As she got nearer she could see several designs for their wedding invitation.

"Decided on one?" she asked.

"I have to say that I still like the Browning quote," he said. He handed her a page with ornately drawn scrollwork around the Rabbi Ben Ezra quote, "Grow Old Along with Me, The Best is Yet to Be."

A sappy smile appeared on her face and she said, "Oh, that is soooo sweet. I love it."

Clark grinned. "Lois, you need to watch yourself. I've been hearing rumors saying that the Mad Dog is dead. Wouldn't want to spoil your reputation."

Lois gave him a sharp look for a split second, only to have a wicked grin take its place. "I can live with it. I've been undercover, underestimated and unexpected my whole career. I'm at the top of my game. I have a partner almost as good as I am."

She winked. "Things are going to a whole new level. Let them think what they want, it makes for a more surprised look on their faces when we bust them!" She paused thoughtfully, "But I think I need to edit your copy."

With that, she leaned over and added an "a" to Clark's quote. She gave him a moment to register her change, grabbed his arm and while he was still chuckling led him out of the newsroom.

Curious about the exchange, Perry strolled past Clark's desk and glanced at the page. He drew the entire newsroom's attention with his guffaw when he read Lois's revised quote, "The Beast is Yet to Be."

Last edited by Shallowford; 02/15/18 09:49 PM.

Shallowford