Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#278650 01/21/18 02:53 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I found this interesting interview from July 2017 that was just posted a few days ago. Very in-depth interview detailing his career, including some insights on working on LnC.
A Man for All Seasons: An Interview With Dean Cain

Last edited by cuidadora; 01/21/18 03:19 PM. Reason: typo

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Thanks for sharing this. It was a really interesting read. I have never kept track of Dean Cain's career beyond noticing that he was on Ripley's Believe It or Not. It was interesting to read his account of how his career got started and what he has done over the years.

I really like his insights into acting and how movies and TV shows are made. It's just little glimpses, but I like hearing about his approach to things.

I also liked reading about his opinions of Superman as a character and the other portrayals of Superman. I'm not really surprised that he doesn't like the recent Superman movies.

As far as L&C goes, I was extremely entertained to read this:

We did the whole faux marriage plotline, and then Lois was a clone, and some weirdness – I can’t even really remember that plotline, because I didn’t like it so much. It’s one of those dark memories that I decided to just forget about. It just didn’t make sense to me.

He totally blocked out the whole clone arc because he didn't like it. I find that hilarious, especially given how many of us have re-written it to make more sense or to make fun of it.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by mrsMxyzptlk
Thanks for sharing this. It was a really interesting read. I have never kept track of Dean Cain's career beyond noticing that he was on Ripley's Believe It or Not. It was interesting to read his account of how his career got started and what he has done over the years.

I really like his insights into acting and how movies and TV shows are made. It's just little glimpses, but I like hearing about his approach to things.

I also liked reading about his opinions of Superman as a character and the other portrayals of Superman. I'm not really surprised that he doesn't like the recent Superman movies.

As far as L&C goes, I was extremely entertained to read this:

We did the whole faux marriage plotline, and then Lois was a clone, and some weirdness – I can’t even really remember that plotline, because I didn’t like it so much. It’s one of those dark memories that I decided to just forget about. It just didn’t make sense to me.

He totally blocked out the whole clone arc because he didn't like it. I find that hilarious, especially given how many of us have re-written it to make more sense or to make fun of it.

Glad you liked it. I found it very interesting, too. He has a great sense of humor.

And, there's a new Hallmark Channel movie starring Dean Cain that premiers later today (Saturday January 27th) at 9 PM Eastern. It's called Winters Dream.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard