Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
The Lewis and Martin sketch referenced above may be found here. Go to the 21:35 mark to start the entire routine referenced or to the 32:00 mark just to see the part about the songwriter. Or you can watch the whole thing and laugh like it's 1955.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Columnist
Columnist
Lois and Clark are being so domestic. I like how she put her arms around him and knew something was on his mind.

Now Cat is around and wants to be the next Lois and even give Lois and Clark free publicity. I want to think she is up to something.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Terry!

Lois awoke to the memory of a wonderful dream. She didn’t retain much of it, but she did recall that Clark was in it and they’d been having fun. And whatever they’d been doing had made her wriggle with pleasure.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Clark stuck his head around the edge of the kitchen wall and said, “Good morning. Or in your case, good afternoon.”
Oooooh! Burn! Why does Lois get up at 5? Because the grocery shop at the corner closes at 6 p.m.
LOIS: Brbbblll

His tone startled her. She was even more startled when he turned his head away from her and stepped back into the kitchen.

Something was very wrong.
Maybe she should check his shirt collar for lipstick.

Had he gotten some bad news? That was possible, but the TV was off and she hadn’t heard the phone ring.

So. It almost surely wasn’t her fault, but she needed to do something to help him.
Yep, still early enough in Season 2 for Call-Me-Daniel so it must be him.

Lois slowly walked to Clark’s massive back and put her hands under his arms and around his chest, then looped them over his shoulders and pressed her cheek against his spine. “Clark? Something’s happened, something not good. Please tell me what’s going on. I want to help.”
Awwww...she's getting really comfy. I wonder if they have co-habitation marriage laws in Metropolis.

Moving only his arms, he turned off the stove and moved the pan of what Lois thought was French toast to one side. Then he sighed deeply. “It’s – it’s nothing.”
Just some lying. Nothing to see. Move along. Move along.

She squeezed a little harder. “It isn’t nothing. Something’s wrong, something has upset you. I want to help.” She waited for a long breath, then whispered, “Is it – is it me? Have I done something to upset you?”
Well...she *did* hog the covers last night.
LOIS: It's *my* night in the bed. He can bring his own covers if he wants to share.

The little catch in his voice convinced her that she wasn’t at fault, but there was still something very wrong. She stood on tiptoes and kissed his cheek. “Then what? Tell me, please.”
Maybe he had this strange feeling for the first time last night when he was lying on the couch, listening to her breathing. Maybe Kryptonian puberty sets in a bit later than with humans?

He closed his eyes and gritted his teeth. “That better not be Jimmy.”
Nah, they haven't been doing anything too naughty.

She shook her head once. “Let the machine get it.” He moved as if to disengage from her, but she held him fast.
I wonder if her being naked would serve as sufficient incentive?

“I mean it, Clark. Whoever that is, whatever he or she is going to say, this is more important.”
Can you imagine this sentence with her being naked?

He stared at her as if he’d discovered a new and beautiful form of life growing in his refrigerator.
rotflol Now, I can only imagine new life growing in Lois's fridge.

That meant he didn’t use it to screen his calls.
Boy, will she be ticked off when she learns that he could still have been screening his calls.

He really hadn’t been home.
No, he probably was out, gallivanting around town with some blonde floozy.

Of course, that made her wonder where he’d been all those times she’d called and he hadn’t been here.
/points to previous remark/

No one was hurt, there was no property damage, nothing bad happened at all.
Crook #1: No property damage? *Look* at my pants!
Crook #2: And what about me? I'm caught! How is that not *bad*?

I was just – just a guy walking around the streets late at night.”
Yes, there's a lot of them out at night. They mostly frequent the side roads where they meet 'company'.

She leaned back and tweaked his nose with one finger. “Only if you want me to finish cooking breakfast.”

He nodded sagely. “I see your point. Why don’t you check the messages?”
They're cute! I do wonder if Clark was just fudging about the machine in case there's a message on their by someone who sounds blonde.

I know some guys who know some guys who could use some good family-friendly entertainments.”
Family friendly, huh?
LOUIE: Yeah, got a call from Bill, his son, Billy Jr. is having a birthday party and they want you as entertainment.

“You told me I could stay as long as I wanted!
See? Permanent resident. I wonder if she told her mother her new phone number.
LOIS: Really? You have to wonder about that?

She could see the smile he was trying to hide. “And my couch is more comfy.”

“I wouldn’t know. You won’t let me try it.”
laugh

He inhaled as if there was another teasing remark on his tongue, but instead he said, “Breakfast is ready.”
Doesn't want to send her running, huh?
LOIS: [Linked Image] To the bedroom?

“There’s no coffee made,
Uh-oh!

Lois was a great writer and a great reporter and people would buy a copy of the Planet just to read her stories no matter what they were about.
Rrrrrrright. I'm guessing he's biased, huh?

Then Clark quit. That one he kind of understood, seeing as how CK was so crazy about Lois that he’d run through a brick wall to get her coffee the way she liked it.
Clark: I wouldn't do that. Her coffee would get all dusty and she doesn't like that.

and Mr. Stern had offered Cat a more serious reporting position on a six-month probationary basis.
Reporting on the corruption and debauchery in city hall? That should be a permanent posting for at least the next two decades.
LOIS: See? Cat's already set up all the way to retirement.

Jimmy didn’t think Cat could ever replace Lois at the Daily Planet, but he had to admit that she’d been totally professional in the few days she’d been back.
LOIS: I've seen a lot of professionals while investigating the city's contracting practices.

Without Lois there to antagonize her, Cat rarely flashed her claws, even at the other women on the floor.
They probably recognized the new alpha in town and decided to toe the line.

And now Jimmy was in charge of a box of Lois’ stuff.
Oooh! You tweaked that one wink

They were incomplete sentences which didn’t fill out the entire line, and only some of them began with capital letters. Not only that, it didn’t look like Lois’ usual chicken-scratching.
I wonder if they have to crack Perry's code first or if they already know it from one of his stories about when he was an NIA deep cover agent in South-East Asia in a late 60's and early 70's.

Jimmy didn’t want to work for a company that didn’t have a good spirit.
RALPH (slurring): Spirits? Want some whiskey? Snuck it from the Chief's stash when he was out.

It would also give Clark a chance to wear a tux and show off his shoulders a bit,
Hey, Lois told Louie no funny business.
LOIS: *I*'m not dressing up. *He* is. It's called a double standard.

Clark excused himself to start some laundry, so she took the opportunity to call Louie back.
Hmm...I wonder if they couldn't do a Superman-bit, you know, with a slightly ...naive 'Superman' rescuing a damsel who doesn't need rescuing from the kitchen fire she started while boiling water.

Lissen, I got a guy on the hook in Gotham who’s willing to give you two full weeks next month.
If he's limping and got a slightly beak-shaped nose, skip it.

“Is he going to pay us in real money?”
GOTHAM GUY: You guys got any UV lights?
LOIS: No?
GOTHAM GUY: Yes, real money.

“Him? Nah! No rough stuff at all, babe. I just asked questions till I got the answers I needed. Kinda like you used to do.”
Like when she interviewed her almost husband on his balcony after the aborted wedding?
LOIS: I was never there. Ask Clark!

And make sure he knows we’re both going to be fully dressed at all times.”
rotflol I wonder if a mesh dress counts as ‘fully dressed’…

Her smile widened. “Yeah. Yeah, I think it’s a very good thing.” She opened the door and breezed out. “See you later.”
I wonder what the neighbors are saying about that nice young man cohabitating with that woman.

Maybe she should have let him tell her that he loved her.
That could ahve been awkward, what with Lois not hearing what she expected to hear.

She shook herself out of her momentary funk and strode down the ramp to her right, looking for Jimmy. He didn’t appear, but Cat Grant did, suddenly popping out of the supply room with two fresh notebooks
So, Jimmy still in there?

“Look, I want you to know that I had nothing to do with – with what happened to you.
So, Cat's not dating either of the Bills?

“Hey, that severance package won’t last forever. I think we have a good shot at making a living at it.”
You know, they could investigate city officials and then expose their crooked dealings on the comedy stage? They could make bits about how the mayor pockets city funds to pay for his mistresses and how D.A. Clemmons is hiding a second family on the other shore of Hobbs Bay.

“Huh?” Lois barely avoided knocking down a girl so young she had to be a new intern.
Hopefully they told her to always stay at least ten feet away from Ralph.

Lois tried to speak, but Cat overrode her with enthusiasm and energy to the point where Lois stopped trying to interject her thoughts.
Oh dear! Lois is broken!

The door closed behind Cat before Perry could say anything. “Doggone it,” he muttered, “I’m going to have as much trouble with her as I had with you. Just a different kind of trouble.”
Probably what Cat's dad said, too, when she started dating.

smile1 Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Ah feedback. Just the thing following a week-long hospital stay.

Some of you may remember that I wrote something similar last year. Well, my liver is doing it best to fail and take me with it. Last week I had a TIPPS procedure done, which is something performed when the liver has been damaged too much to allow the blood to flow thru it freely. Should you have an interest in your own health, you should check this out. This is a long step on the path to a transplant, so there's that to consider, too.

Carrie, nice evil thought about Cat - but no dice this time. Not going to write an evil kitty this time around.

Michal, you have such a way with words. You should write more(for publication, I mean.)

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
Michal, you have such a way with words. You should write more(for publication, I mean.)
Awww Thanks! blush blush blush

MUSE: [Linked Image]

ME: [Linked Image]

There most certainly is some stuff that waits for me to scrape together enough time and energy. Will see how 2018 turns out huh 2017 was kind of a train wreck meeting Nightfall.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard