Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
M
Hi everyone! I've just started trying to catch up on the stories here, and it finally occurred to me that there is something rather bizarre about Bobby Bigmouth that I've never seen explored in a fic. Typically, Lois and Clark get in her car with food and drive somewhere to meet him, and he shows up suddenly in her back seat with neither of them noticing how he got in. It's pretty hard (or impossible maybe) to open and close a car door without making any noise. So I propose a fic challenge to explain this.

Does Clark actually not notice him get in the car, or is it just Lois who is oblivious and he plays along? Clark should hear (and smell, maybe?) Bobby in the back seat unless something weird is going on.

Does Bobby get in the car before they do, knowing that they are going to meet him? Why? Just to be mysterious, or to spy on them, or for some other reason?

Is Bobby going in through the car door? If so, how could he do that so silently? Was he trained as a ninja or super-spy or something? Does he have special gear?

If Bobby isn't going through the door, how does he get in?

Does he have some sort of super power that enables this? Maybe he's stretchy and can slither through a crack somewhere or can phase through the floor. Maybe he can shrink really small and get in through the vents. Or maybe he just climbs in the door as loudly as he wants because he casts some sort of illusion on L&C so that they can't see or hear him.

So what do you guys think? How does Bobby pull off his sudden appearances?

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Maybe he teleports.

Framework4
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Maybe he's stretchy and can slither through a crack somewhere
Bobby Bigmouth is really Ralph Dibney. wink

Joy,
Lynn

Columnist
Columnist
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.

Joy,
Lynn

I was thinking this too. Or Bobby is really Jay Garrick hiding in Metropolis.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You know I never really thought about that?

Maybe. Just maybe he's a former special forces operative trained to always behave in stealth mode? huh

Just a thought.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
M
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
M
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
jawdrop That's awesome! I hadn't considered that he could be a different existing character. Maybe Clark could convince him to create a super-team together. smile

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
M
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
M
Originally Posted by CarrieRene
I was thinking this too. Or Bobby is really Jay Garrick hiding in Metropolis.
That would explain his constant eating: speedster metabolism.

S
Columnist
Columnist
S
I had a different kind of thought today...Maybe there's a connection between Bobby and Kyle Griffin's flash-freeze gizmo. Maybe it's how he gets into the car without being seen. A snitch would find it a terribly useful tool to get information and for quick getaways, too.

Shallowford

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard