Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hello all,

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to write a story that doesn't just break the fourth wall, but shatters it. I've posted a sample story in the fanfic folder.

Your story may have any one or more characters communicating directly with the reader. The character(s) must have sufficient self-awareness to realize they they are characters in a story and are able to communicate directly with the readers. The communication can be in only a small part of the story or (as in the plays "Our Town" and "Into the Woods") can comprise a substantial portion of it.

Joy,
Lynn

L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Here's another story I wrote in answer to my own challenge. I'd love to see some stories by other authors, as well. (Hint, hint. wink )

Joy,
Lynn

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Hmm... Interesting idea. What immediately comes to mind, though, is Lois yelling at me about how lazy of a writer I am. "Come on!" she yells, "I have to churn out several articles a day with strict deadlines on top of running around Metropolis in pumps, getting shot at, getting kidnapped, and finding disasters for Superman to help at! (::cough:: Er, I could have gotten myself out of that death trap eventually; he just did it quicker.) So why can't you, with your boring, mundane, no-mortal-danger life write a little story now and then?"

Taken aback, I exclaim, "Lois Lane! Why are you talking to me? How are you talking to me? Am I hallucinating again?" I look around and sigh. Once again, everyone in the room is looking at me funny. I think, maybe, I need more sleep.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Mrs. Mxy,

And the extra bit of meta on the cake is your writing a short story about not writing any stories. I love it. rotflol Thanks for the smile. smile

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Mrs Mxy: clap

~•~

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard