Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi Queenie,

I have come to read your stories with an expectation that I will be surprised and delighted by their content, and this story did not disappoint.

Thank you for not leaving this story on a cliff-hanger, but also for being open to writing new vignettes in this universe. I look forward to reading any such you may choose to share.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Aw, thanks, Lynn! smile

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“Clark, I mean it,” she told him firmly. “I can't be their mother, or anyone's mother! But if you need me, I'm more than happy to be your friend.”

He smiled at her. “A friend is all I need right now, Lois.”

Such a unique situation puts our heroes in a position I have never read about! So refreshingly different! Hats of to you Queenie for running down a new path.

Thanks so much for finishing this, feel free to add anything new. dance

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
Features Writer
What a delightful situation. And Lois finds a way to help that she's comfortable with. Thanks for sharing this universe. clap

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I love this. Now you know everyone's going to be demanding more from this alt. universe you've created right laugh rotflol

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Columnist
Columnist
Just played catch up on this. Nice twists you have an how you made it comfortable for Lois. I like how you gave them nicknames at the end.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
…aaaaand part 2. Well, part 3 to be more precise.
“You're S—” Lois began, then glanced down at her new, pink-clad attachment. “You're him.”
laugh Also, no way! She’s figured it out!

“And I'm supposed to be...” She glanced down at Laurie again.

“Yeah,” Clark replied.

She flashed him a glare.

“I mean, not *you*, not if you don't want to be,” he said quickly, looking alarmed.
clap shock Forward much?

“Lois, I swear: I don't want to push you into anything. I'm the one who told Wells I'd take them; you don't owe them anything!”
Yeah, tell that to the interdimensional attachment.

This was a no-win situation. Lois Lane couldn't do motherhood. Maybe her counterpart had wonderful parents or something, but her own role models were proof that parenting should require a license.
Yeah, but then the world would rapidly depopulate.

She couldn't just take on the role of “Mommy” and play house with her junior partner!
[Linked Image]

On the other hand, if she left now, then this little girl would probably grow up wondering why her “mother” suddenly walked out on their family... Lois shuddered. “I can't do this,” she whispered.
What a…parent trap!

Lois snorted and began pacing in the confined space. This was insane! Her mild-mannered partner was really an alien raising children from another universe who thought she was their mother! What was she even supposed to do with this information?!
Maybe she could leverage it into a joyride with Superman in exchange for playing house with her greenjeans partner?

With a sigh, she went back through the door...only to find herself in a small room dominated by a large crib. “Seriously?!” Lois hissed to herself.
Ooops?

Lois stormed out that door—quietly, so as not to wake the crib's occupant. If it happened to look like she was tip-toeing, well—that was Clark's problem!
rotflol

“Sweetie, this isn't your mommy. I know she looks just like her, but...um, she's—”

“—her sister!” Lois said quickly.
Noooooooo! wallbash
On an unrelated note, Jimmy is going to be sooo confused when he starts dating Lucy.

Laurie's expression slowly melted from heartbreak to confusion.

“Your mommy wants you to know that she loves you very, very much,” Lois added, “and I'm going to help your daddy take care of you while she's away. Okay?”
Yeah, that’s an interesting way of explaining a divorce. Hope the other kids in kindergarten will not be making fun of her for ‘no, my mommy’s not back, that is just her sister who looks like her and is no longer living with my daddy.’

Lois stared at him, then put a hand to her chin and pretended to think. “Well, I *was* planning to rush home and write up the Clark-is-Superman story so I could have it ready for Perry in the morning...”

He gaped at her, a look of terror on his features.
So, not funny?

Lois reached up an hit him on the arm. “Really, Clark? What do you take me for?”
She did just dump her not-her-kids on him with the most flimsy excuse in the history of child abandonment, so that question is justified.

Funny one! Hope we get to see more of that universe, too.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard