Pulitzer
Story is Here.

Comments, Questions, Etc. go here.

~•~
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Oh, you have GOT to give us more on this one! There are so many possibilities, so many complications, so many questions. What did Lois overhear? Who's taking care of the kids while he's working (maybe his parents? maybe Cat Grant?)? Will he and Lois be drawn closer by this development? When will Lois meet the kids? (Surely he'll introduce them!) What happened to the "other" Lois and Clark? Was it something natural, or was it a threat that will follow the children to their new home world? Oh, please come back with the rest of the story!

This is really brilliant,Queenie - if you finish it. Otherwise it's just a frustratingly tantalizing fragment, filled with amazing possibilities. If you need a co-author, ask for volunteers. (I think my muses would be interested (hint-hint wink-wink nudge-nudge).)

Kerth
Kerth
Come on! You cannot let us there! I don't think this has been explored before.

Herbie leaving another universe L&C kids to first/second season Clark?

Interesting enough make me come out of my lurking laugh

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
How intriguing. I've been making a point of not reading any multi-part stories because I never know whether I'll have time to read later parts once I start. I would make an exception in this instance, though -- you hooked me.

To paraphrase Oliver Twist: Please, ma'am, I want some more.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
He shrugged. “I suppose that's technically true. But they have my DNA, and since they were so little...well, how are they not mine?” he pointed out.

Lois thought this over. “Can I meet them?” she asked.

Superman grinned. “Maybe someday,” he replied. “I have a feeling they'd like that very much.”

Oh no! Don't leave us twisting in the wind! You gotta finish up a story that leaves so many questions unanswered. Hey, even Daneel has come out of lurker mode. That alone should be enough to have another part or three. Please? grovel

Last edited by Morgana; 01/13/18 12:08 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hey, guys!

Well, I tried to add to the story a little bit, but I think I just made the questions worse. peep

I'm really not in a hurry to start another long fic; if possible, I'd like to keep this as a series of short ones, but I'm starting to think this might not be possible. We'll see what happens, I guess...

On the plus side: Hi, Daneel! wave

~•~
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I'm glad you linked to this story from the follow-up story because I saw the second one first.

I agree with the others that this setup raises a lot of intriguing questions. I'm glad you have decided to add to it, even if it's bit by bit. smile

Superman taking care of children always raises logistical questions, but taking care of kids as a single parent would sure be difficult!

You've done such a good job here of having Superman give Lois enough information to satisfy her without leaving more obvious questions that would lead to exposing his secret identity or the identity of the mother (who I assume is the other Lois). I can imagine how different the reactions would be if Lois were to discover that an alternate version of her married and had kids with an alternate Superman versus discovering that an alternate her married and had kids with an alternate Clark.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mary!

Looky there, another one!

“You have kids?!”
rotflol Remember that remark about the SQD fics in the other FDK thread?

Lois stared at her hero, dumb-struck. Superman turned to face her, the cell-phone still in his hand. They were the only two people in the alley.
Oh boy. What?

“Are you married?” she asked immediately, her voice refusing to rise above a squeak. The very thought made her heart feel heavier than a brick.

He shook his head. “No, I'm not.”
So, is that better or worse?

Well, that was something, at least. Still... “But you do have...children... ”
So, better. Kind of.

“Who is their mother?”
There was no mother. He just…he used a…petri dish.

The question made him wince. Was this a sore spot? Had Superman been through a bitter divorce?
Yeah, Diana cheated on him with Bruce. Suffice to say, the number of diamond thefts in Gotham spiked after that one.

Or maybe she had cheated on him with Batman?
laugh

Or maybe she had simply died, Lois thought.
Yeah, he might not have been fast enough. Maybe he is even from another universe and fled here with his kids after their mom got killed by one of the resident rouges.

“Don't worry,” she assured him, “this is all off the record. I just want—I mean, you can tell me anything. I'll understand.”

“I'm not so sure you will,” he replied with a shake of his head. “The truth is, Lois, I barely understand it myself.”
spider Makes me really think Alt-U.

“Technically, they're adopted,” he said. “And technically, they're mine.”
confused

He shook his head. “No. It was another Earth. He said there were other versions of you and me—”
shock I was almost right?

“The other version of me was their father. I'm not completely sure what happened, but he and his wife...died.”
Yes, ‘died’. As in brutally slaughtered by some of that world’s worst criminals. Either that or he had married Lana and she set them up as Emperor and Consort of the entire Earth until a coup and a revolution toppled their regime and they ended up on the business end of a Kryptonite-based weapon.

Superman grinned. “Maybe someday,” he replied. “I have a feeling they'd like that very much.”
spider

Oh, goooody! There’s more!

smile1 Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard