Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Topic Options
#278303 - 01/03/18 09:28 PM FDK: To Each, Their Own
Happy Birthday Queen of the Capes Offline
Kerth

Loc: Wouldn't YOU like to know?
Story is Here.

Comments, criticisms, and inevitable questions go here.

This is just a one-shot. I don't know if it'll ever be expanded, partly because I still have other fics to work on and partly because it's the kind of story that wants to be an Nfic and I...well, let's just say that's not my wheelhouse. Anyways, I hope y'all enjoy. Feel free to question my sanity.

#278304 - 01/03/18 10:01 PM Re: FDK: To Each, Their Own [Re: Queen of the Capes]
chickberry Offline
Hack from Nowheresville

Loc: Las Vegas
Very interesting way to start out but does leave out the big question of what was Lois doing there and what would Cat say if she knew. Maybe somebody will take up the n-fic prequel and enlightened us.

#278306 - 01/03/18 11:14 PM Re: FDK: To Each, Their Own [Re: Queen of the Capes]
Terry Leatherwood Offline
Kerth

Loc: Southwest USA
Quote:
Perry snorted, drawing their attention. “We don't hire for looks, Kent. We hire for talent and drive, and I've got to admit, this piece about the fetish clubs speaks to both.”

She tensed. “Fetish clubs?”

I've heard enough about hentai to know where this is going.

(And NO! I don't have any of those pages bookmarked! Nor do I recommend that you do a web search! Please - just don't!)

Very cute alternate beginning. Slightly kinky big-city reporter meets slightly kinky wannabe reporter in a place neither of them expected to be recognized later. Best of all, it was sneaky funny. I snorted more than once. Best of all, it makes me wonder how their relationship will develop given this start and their - um - less restrictive personalities.

Keep the quirky stuff coming, Queenie! You're so very good at it.
It was said among the Khalid of the western deserts that a woman should be a hyena in the kitchen, a giraffe in the garden, and a pelican in the bathroom, although nobody now knew what this was supposed to mean.

#278310 - 01/04/18 06:29 AM Re: FDK: To Each, Their Own [Re: Queen of the Capes]
Lynn S. M. Offline
Pulitzer

Loc: Delaware
Well, that was, um, different. And highly amusing.

I'm surprised Lois didn't claim that she, too, was at the club undercover and then (pretend to) be angry that he stole her story. I guess that she was too flustered to think of this. (And that shows how really flustered she must have been.)

Joy,
Lynn

#278316 - 01/04/18 08:58 PM Re: FDK: To Each, Their Own [Re: chickberry]
Kerth

Originally Posted By: chickberry
Very interesting way to start out but does leave out the big question of what was Lois doing there and what would Cat say if she knew. Maybe somebody will take up the n-fic prequel and enlightened us.

If anybody wants to, go for it! smile

Originally Posted By: Terry Leatherwood

I've heard enough about hentai to know where this is going.

Don't be silly. The giant squid-monster isn't until part two. wink

Quote:

Keep the quirky stuff coming, Queenie! You're so very good at it.

Aw, thanks, and I'll try! smile1

Originally Posted By: Lynn S. M.
Well, that was, um, different. And highly amusing.

Thanks! ^_^

Quote:

I'm surprised Lois didn't claim that she, too, was at the club undercover and then (pretend to) be angry that he stole her story. I guess that she was too flustered to think of this. (And that shows how really flustered she must have been.)

Personally, I think that a categorical denial was still the better (in-universe) option for Lois, mainly because I don't think of the story in question as being a "Something Big Just Happened!" sort of piece. It's a better topic than "mating habits of the knob-tailed gecko", but still not something of Lois Lane's caliber.

Of course, since the fic doesn't say anything much about it, feel free to disregard that and imagine something much cooler. goofy

Thanks for the FDK, guys! wave

#278320 - 01/05/18 08:26 AM Re: FDK: To Each, Their Own [Re: Queen of the Capes]
Deadly Chakram Online   happy
Pulitzer

Loc: Connecticut
OMG! That was hysterical! I nearly spat out my tea several times. I did choke once and coughed until I got it under control. Of course, you know, this one begs an nfic prequel. wink

Also, kudos for throwing in a Star Wars line. "hive of scum and villainy." LOL!

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"It's all weird! We live in Metropolis!" ~ Jimmy Olsen

#278361 - 01/08/18 12:00 AM Re: FDK: To Each, Their Own [Re: Queen of the Capes]
mrsMxyzptlk Offline
Columnist

Loc: US
I love the exchange at the end. It puts an intriguing spin on their cannon exchange about how Lois likes to be in charge.

I wonder what Perry thought about their conversation in his office and whether he picked up that they recognized each other. I imagine that if he did, he wouldn't say anything, even to Lois to spare her the embarrassment.
"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)

#278387 - 01/09/18 07:20 AM Re: FDK: To Each, Their Own [Re: Deadly Chakram]
Kerth

Originally Posted By: Deadly Chakram
OMG! That was hysterical!

Thanks! laugh

Quote:
I nearly spat out my tea several times. I did choke once and coughed until I got it under control.

Oh dear. O_O *thumps you on the back*

Quote:
Of course, you know, this one begs an nfic prequel. wink

Well....I may or may not return to this concept once I've made more progress on my to-do list. In the meantime, anyone else is free to take the ideas out for a spin. smile

Quote:

Also, kudos for throwing in a Star Wars line. "hive of scum and villainy." LOL!

Hee! Thanks. ^_^

Originally Posted By: mrsMxyzptlk
I love the exchange at the end. It puts an intriguing spin on their cannon exchange about how Lois likes to be in charge.

I confess, that line may have played a role in the conception of this fic. :3

Quote:

I wonder what Perry thought about their conversation in his office and whether he picked up that they recognized each other. I imagine that if he did, he wouldn't say anything, even to Lois to spare her the embarrassment.

It really could go either way, couldn't it? wink

#278451 - 01/12/18 05:48 PM Re: FDK: To Each, Their Own [Re: Queen of the Capes]
jackiek Offline
Top Banana

Loc: Canada
LOL That was hilarious! Especially love the ending. Too funny!

#278454 - 01/12/18 06:10 PM Re: FDK: To Each, Their Own [Re: Queen of the Capes]
Kerth

Thanks, Jackiek! =D

#278493 - 01/13/18 09:16 PM Re: FDK: To Each, Their Own [Re: Queen of the Capes]
Endelda Offline
Blogger

Omg I was trying so hard not to laugh that I made an embarrassing noise and got a weird look from my family anyway.

My eyes are still watering.

I agree about this needing an nfic prequel... or *being* an nfic prequel, for that matter.
rotflol

#278494 - 01/13/18 09:18 PM Re: FDK: To Each, Their Own [Re: Queen of the Capes]
Kerth

Yay, thanks! ^_^

#278528 - Yesterday at 12:11 PM Re: FDK: To Each, Their Own [Re: Queen of the Capes]
folc4evernaday Offline
Kerth

Loc: Birmingham, AL
Hi Queenie wave

Okay where to begin? Um, so I think you've got the Comedy section locked for next year. rotflol This paints a very disturbing story that makes me jump on the bandwagon for a prequel. N-rated or not. I don't care. evil Nice job.

John Cleese - “Creativity is not a talent. It's a way of operating.”
http://loisandclarktribute.com
Like the Videos? Subscribe on YouTube

Moderator:  EditorJax, Meerkat