Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#278388 01/09/18 10:27 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
In the next installment of "Rules Series," Clark prepares a special evening for him and Lois. Sheldon Bender, Nigel St. John, and Gretchen Kelly all reappear in Metropolis. Lois is confronted with a very alive Lex Luthor who's set his sights on reclaiming everything he once had...including her. (5 of 10)

[Linked Image]

FDK appreciated as always. FYI this is all completely written already. I'm in the middle of working on the fic that comes after this one so lots of twists and turns to come. wave

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Columnist
Columnist
Smells like trouble is coming. I am hoping Clark can get some romance in before Lex ruins it.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh boy. Definitely looking forward to seeing how this story turns out.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Oh boy. Definitely looking forward to seeing how this story turns out.

Hey cuidadora! wave

Thanks for commenting! Yes, this one has been harassing me for MONTHS to be written. Lots of twists and turns.

Originally Posted by CarrieRene
Smells like trouble is coming. I am hoping Clark can get some romance in before Lex ruins it.

Hi Carrie! wave

Well, he is Superman. blush Yeah there's a lot of changes in this one. And it will be a lot of fun differences that I'm sure you guys will enjoy.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Clark flew over Metropolis that evening with a sense of relief he hadn’t felt in weeks. After his conversation with his dad on Christmas, he’d gone back and forth on whether it was the right time to even ask the question. Four months. It seemed like such a short time but given everything they’d gone through in that time it seemed like a lifetime away.

Its great that Clark went to his Dad and talked about proposing to a certain lady reporter. Is four months too short a time? Not really. Especially since Lois and Clark have been working together for at least a year at that point. He knows who she is and she definitely knows about his 'other job'. No reason to drag matters out, when you are sure this is the person you want to spend the rest of your life with.

Love the way this story is moving forward. Nice to see Nigel St. John and Gretchen Kelly in the mix! hyper

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Morgana
Clark flew over Metropolis that evening with a sense of relief he hadn’t felt in weeks. After his conversation with his dad on Christmas, he’d gone back and forth on whether it was the right time to even ask the question. Four months. It seemed like such a short time but given everything they’d gone through in that time it seemed like a lifetime away.

Its great that Clark went to his Dad and talked about proposing to a certain lady reporter. Is four months too short a time? Not really. Especially since Lois and Clark have been working together for at least a year at that point. He knows who she is and she definitely knows about his 'other job'. No reason to drag matters out, when you are sure this is the person you want to spend the rest of your life with.

Love the way this story is moving forward. Nice to see Nigel St. John and Gretchen Kelly in the mix! hyper

Hey Morgana! wave Thanks for commenting.

Yeah this one will go a lot different from the original. Nigel and Gretchen will have some surprises up their sleeves as well as Lois and Clark.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Bumping for next chapter

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I think I got buried lol! hyper

Chapter 2

Nice to see the boards are active again thumbsup

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Columnist
Columnist
I'm glad Lois finally told Clark she stopped the wedding. Lois' intuition is right though she is being watched.

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Lois has good instinct, someone is definitely watching them. Ugh Luthor gives me the creeps! I love the little moments of Lois and Clark alone and the banter between them. Looking foward to more.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I'm glad Lois finally told Clark she stopped the wedding. Lois' intuition is right though she is being watched.

Hey Carrie! wave

Thanks for commenting!

Yeah, both Clark and Lois are getting the eebie jeebies right now. I'm glad you enjoyed this part. As you can tell it's not going exactly like the cannon episode. More to come soon! smile1

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by jackiek
Lois has good instinct, someone is definitely watching them. Ugh Luthor gives me the creeps! I love the little moments of Lois and Clark alone and the banter between them. Looking foward to more.

Hi jackiek!

Thanks for commenting! Yes, Luthor gives everyone the creeps. The guy just can't let go, can he? dizzy Yes, LnC have a lot of fun banter and steaminess between them. More to come soon. I promise. dance

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
She didn’t know what made her do it. Maybe it was all the emotions that had been stirred up over her investigation into Nigel and Gretchen Kelly. Maybe it was the reminder of how close she’d come to losing the one person that meant everything to her. Or it could have been the fact that he’d single-handedly destroyed her life and nearly killed Clark. Either way, it didn’t matter. What did matter was how good it felt when her hand came in contact to deliver the hard blow across his face.

He deserved that slap. Lois wasn't simply doing this for herself, but for all the countless people this man had harmed to acquire wealth and position.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
She didn’t know what made her do it. Maybe it was all the emotions that had been stirred up over her investigation into Nigel and Gretchen Kelly. Maybe it was the reminder of how close she’d come to losing the one person that meant everything to her. Or it could have been the fact that he’d single-handedly destroyed her life and nearly killed Clark. Either way, it didn’t matter. What did matter was how good it felt when her hand came in contact to deliver the hard blow across his face.

He deserved that slap. Lois wasn't simply doing this for herself, but for all the countless people this man had harmed to acquire wealth and position.

Yes, that was one thing from Pheonix I had to fix. Lois' reaction was just like 'Okay I feel bad for you' despite knowing about the lies and crimes he'd committed over the years...No, the Lois Lane we know would have delivered a hard blow for that one. Especially considering the slap she gave Clark in Tempus Fugitive for lying to her for two years.

Glad you're enjoying the fic. Chapter 5 is up.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Final Chapter is up on this one. FDK appreciated as always. thumbsup [Linked Image]

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Features Writer
Features Writer
Catching up on my reading...

What delightful twists and turns you made to this story!

I'm so glad you fixed Lois's reaction from The Phoenix. The only thing I can think of is that she was in shock in the show, but I love your version. thumbsup I actually half-expected her to punch him like she did Max Deter. lol

And you have a great lead to your next part in the final chapter. Looking forward to it!! clap

Last edited by cuidadora; 02/08/18 10:31 PM. Reason: typo

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Columnist
Columnist
What a cliffhanger and you mentioned you likely won't post until after nominations.... can we beg?

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
It is a cliffhanger! I am begging!

Morgana

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Catching up on my reading...

What delightful twists and turns you made to this story!

I'm so glad you fixed Lois's reaction from The Phoenix. The only thing I can think of is that she was in shock in the show, but I love your version. thumbsup I actually half-expected her to punch him like she did Max Deter. lol

And you have a great lead to your next part in the final chapter. Looking forward to it!! clap

Aww, thanks cuidadora! I'm glad you enjoyed my take on this one. I couldn't let Lois' reaction to Lex stand. He needed a lot more than that but drop kicking him repeatedly down the street felt a bit excessive.

Yes, I know. Quite the cliffhanger I left them at, right? LOL! Once noms are done I'll get the next fic posted. Yes, it's already written, edited, and ready for posting.

What a cliffhanger and you mentioned you likely won't post until after nominations.... can we beg?

I wanted to give everyone a chance to read and catch up on fics. I figured after noms everyone will be ready to start on a new fic.

It is a cliffhanger! I am begging!

I'm sorry Morgana! I'm glad you enjoyed the fic.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard