Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#278303 01/04/18 12:28 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Story is Here.

Comments, criticisms, and inevitable questions go here.

This is just a one-shot. I don't know if it'll ever be expanded, partly because I still have other fics to work on and partly because it's the kind of story that wants to be an Nfic and I...well, let's just say that's not my wheelhouse. Anyways, I hope y'all enjoy. Feel free to question my sanity.

~•~
C
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Very interesting way to start out but does leave out the big question of what was Lois doing there and what would Cat say if she knew. Maybe somebody will take up the n-fic prequel and enlightened us.

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Perry snorted, drawing their attention. “We don't hire for looks, Kent. We hire for talent and drive, and I've got to admit, this piece about the fetish clubs speaks to both.”

She tensed. “Fetish clubs?”

I've heard enough about hentai to know where this is going.

(And NO! I don't have any of those pages bookmarked! Nor do I recommend that you do a web search! Please - just don't!)

Very cute alternate beginning. Slightly kinky big-city reporter meets slightly kinky wannabe reporter in a place neither of them expected to be recognized later. Best of all, it was sneaky funny. I snorted more than once. Best of all, it makes me wonder how their relationship will develop given this start and their - um - less restrictive personalities.

Keep the quirky stuff coming, Queenie! You're so very good at it.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Well, that was, um, different. And highly amusing.

I'm surprised Lois didn't claim that she, too, was at the club undercover and then (pretend to) be angry that he stole her story. I guess that she was too flustered to think of this. (And that shows how really flustered she must have been.)

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by chickberry
Very interesting way to start out but does leave out the big question of what was Lois doing there and what would Cat say if she knew. Maybe somebody will take up the n-fic prequel and enlightened us.

If anybody wants to, go for it! smile

Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
I've heard enough about hentai to know where this is going.

Don't be silly. The giant squid-monster isn't until part two. wink

Keep the quirky stuff coming, Queenie! You're so very good at it.

Aw, thanks, and I'll try! smile1

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Well, that was, um, different. And highly amusing.
Thanks! ^_^

I'm surprised Lois didn't claim that she, too, was at the club undercover and then (pretend to) be angry that he stole her story. I guess that she was too flustered to think of this. (And that shows how really flustered she must have been.)

Personally, I think that a categorical denial was still the better (in-universe) option for Lois, mainly because I don't think of the story in question as being a "Something Big Just Happened!" sort of piece. It's a better topic than "mating habits of the knob-tailed gecko", but still not something of Lois Lane's caliber.

Of course, since the fic doesn't say anything much about it, feel free to disregard that and imagine something much cooler. goofy

Thanks for the FDK, guys! wave

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OMG! That was hysterical! I nearly spat out my tea several times. I did choke once and coughed until I got it under control. Of course, you know, this one begs an nfic prequel. wink

Also, kudos for throwing in a Star Wars line. "hive of scum and villainy." LOL!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I love the exchange at the end. It puts an intriguing spin on their cannon exchange about how Lois likes to be in charge.

I wonder what Perry thought about their conversation in his office and whether he picked up that they recognized each other. I imagine that if he did, he wouldn't say anything, even to Lois to spare her the embarrassment.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
OMG! That was hysterical!
Thanks! laugh

I nearly spat out my tea several times. I did choke once and coughed until I got it under control.

Oh dear. O_O *thumps you on the back*

Of course, you know, this one begs an nfic prequel. wink

Well....I may or may not return to this concept once I've made more progress on my to-do list. In the meantime, anyone else is free to take the ideas out for a spin. smile

Also, kudos for throwing in a Star Wars line. "hive of scum and villainy." LOL!

Hee! Thanks. ^_^

Originally Posted by mrsMxyzptlk
I love the exchange at the end. It puts an intriguing spin on their cannon exchange about how Lois likes to be in charge.

I confess, that line may have played a role in the conception of this fic. :3

I wonder what Perry thought about their conversation in his office and whether he picked up that they recognized each other. I imagine that if he did, he wouldn't say anything, even to Lois to spare her the embarrassment.

It really could go either way, couldn't it? wink

~•~
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
LOL That was hilarious! Especially love the ending. Too funny!

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks, Jackiek! =D

~•~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Omg I was trying so hard not to laugh that I made an embarrassing noise and got a weird look from my family anyway.

My eyes are still watering.

I agree about this needing an nfic prequel... or *being* an nfic prequel, for that matter.
rotflol

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yay, thanks! ^_^

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Queenie wave

Okay where to begin? Um, so I think you've got the Comedy section locked for next year. rotflol This paints a very disturbing story that makes me jump on the bandwagon for a prequel. N-rated or not. I don't care. evil Nice job.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mary!

Lois barreled into Perry's office, already talking before the door finished closing behind her. “Chief, I think there's a story here and we should check this guy out. The crazy one this morning? His name is Samuel Platt and he was an engineer at EPRAD for ten years. He's—”
Ooooh! Alt beginning? Plot untwist? What will it be…?

There was something vaguely familiar about him, but she couldn't quite place... She froze. It couldn't be.
spider

There was no mistake. He stared back at her, his eyes wide with the shock she'd forced herself to suppress.
For the oddest reason I’m reminding of the SQD fics. She usually had a kid in the mix and a reunion years later. So…Lois finally manage to track down her baby daddy?

Kent fidgeted in his chair and gave her an apologetic look. “I didn't know...that, uh, that the Planet hired such beautiful reporters!” he stammered, chuckling nervously.
Ouch. [Linked Image]

Perry snorted, drawing their attention. “We don't hire for looks, Kent. We hire for talent and drive
Well, then how does he explain Cat or Ralph?

, and I've got to admit, this piece about the fetish clubs speaks to both.”
shock

She tensed. “Fetish clubs?”

“Kent here went undercover at some of the sketchier places downtown,” Perry explained while Kent silently turned a lovely shade of fuchsia.
They did not meet there, did they? Did he go under the covers with Lois? Or, well, not under the covers, considering.

“...You went...undercover?” Lois felt slightly sick. She turned to Kent, who was studying the floor.
Oh they did. spider And she thought Clark was another pea in the pod.
CLARK: I did not pee in a pod.

It took a moment before she could speak. “Why, Mr. Kent, it must have been simply awful for you, having to witness such depravity up close.”
Oh boy.

Her voice became ice. “Was the story at least worth it?”
help How can this story be almost over. wildguy

His eyes snapped up to hers. “No! Uh, I mean...I like to think I got more out of it then just a story.”
peep Wrong thing to say! help

“Trust! I learned about trust,” he stammered out at last. He gave her a meaningful look. “Those people can trust their partners not to cross any serious boundaries. No matter...how bad it looks...they know they can trust them not to hurt them. Um, in a way they don't like.”
rotflol

“Tell me, just what was your disguise while you were in that hive of scum and villainy?
He was the tall, hairy dude with a bandolier across his shoulder?

“Or maybe you went so far as to let one of those weirdos make you her slave for a while, catering to her every whim while you counted down the seconds until you could go back to being master of all you survey, or whatever it is men think they are!
shock She is a dominatrix? I never expected that one. It’s usually the dominant types who go for the subservient role.
CLARK: Why do you think I’m so shocked to see her calling the shots here, too?

You must have really grit your teeth while pretending to enjoy bringing her drinks, rubbing her shoulders, drinking disgusting made-up cocktails for her amusement...” She glanced at Perry. “Or whatever it is those people do,” she added.
rotflol /flashes to DS9’s Mirror Universe and the Intendant/ But Lois was quite tame, I must say. Or did she manage to censor herself there?

“I'll have you know,” he said firmly, “there are certain things I would never do for the sake of a story.”
Like service the needs of his master in any way she sees fit?

Kent's head was bowed as the door to the office closed behind them. “So, I...guess we'll be working together.”
Yes, but not much will change. She will still be calling the shots and be on top.

“Don't you ever—and I mean *ever*— tell anyone about...you know.”
On the plus side, she won’t need to visit those clubs now and can put her money to better use. She can just use Clark as her slave as she sees fit. [Linked Image]

He nodded. “Yes Mistr—uh...” His face flushed.
[Linked Image]

“It's 'Miss Lane' while we're at work!” she told him sternly.
“while we’re at work”! clap hyper

You are the low man, I am top banana. You're the peasant, and I'm...”
…your mistress?

Lois released the tie. “Good boy.” She patted his cheek, then turned to march away. “Now, get me a coffee.”
hyper

Please, there must be more!

because it's the kind of story that wants to be an Nfic
Oh, darn it. I *was* kind of wondering...But I'm sure you can make this clean and fit for the light of day!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard