Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Here's my latest. There are some serious moments, funny moments, and a nice WAFFy resolution to come. The toys get a little scratched but nothing serious.

Let me know what you think of this brief taste. I plan on posting every five days or so, plus or minus a couple. And the story is written, so I promise it won't disappear with half of it missing.

Let the comedy and the tears fly!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
Here's my latest. There are some serious moments, funny moments, and a nice WAFFy resolution to come. The toys get a little scratched but nothing serious.

Let me know what you think of this brief taste. I plan on posting every five days or so, plus or minus a couple. And the story is written, so I promise it won't disappear with half of it missing.

Let the comedy and the tears fly!

Oh Lord! I would hate/love to be a fly on the wall when Perry drops the hammer on Lois... Looking forward to more. Very intriguing tale... smile1

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Kerth
Kerth
Let's hope Perry has the sense to explain what's really going on.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Terry!
Oooh, you’re posting! Okay, not *that* much of a surprise wink You guys will be in for a fun ride. Hmm…that, too, probably isn’t going to be much of a surprise. Now, let’s see what beta snark’s fit for public consumption…

“Ms. Lane has contributed materially to the past success of the Daily Planet,” Stern continued, “but she has, of late, suffered a decline in the quality of her work.
Yes, it read more like a dime-store novel about a reporter falling for a good looking guy.
CAT: Even I wouldn't read that stuff while in company. Lois sure is creative when it comes to describing men in tights.

and recently Ms. Lane has not met her own high journalistic standards, not to mention those of the Daily Planet. I’m afraid that I must insist that we cut ties with her.”
Okay, then what’s he going to do once he meets Ralph?
STERN: Bathe in hand sanitizer?

“I understand the relationship you share with her. I know from personal experience that mentors and students are often closer than they might be were their circumstances different,
/points at Perry’s interactions with the cleaning personal a couple of months back. Lois might have grounds for a sexual harassment suit there. Might even distract her from her Intergang investigation.

Perry’s eyes flashed. “You know she won’t be able to work for any other paper east of the Rocky Mountains! Once word gets out that the Planet fired her for—”
She could say that the work environment proved too hostile and with recent events such as Cat Grand also quitting, she could publicly file for a hostile and sexually inappropriate work environment (Ralph being exhibit A and Clark with his constant attempts to pick her up exhibit B while her boss isn't doing anything to protect her) and go work at the Star. After all, now that Preston Carpenter has already been sacked, the work environment there should be much better now.

But Stern wasn’t a mean man. A hard, tough businessman, yes, but totally honest and as compassionate as he could afford to be.
[Linked Image]

Perry pulled the door shut behind him. Now all he had to do was survive Lois’ termination interview.
Yes, this might be a bit of a challenge. Hey, maybe Superman’s close by and would intervene before we get The People vs. Lois Lane, version 2.0?

Then all Clark would have to do would be to protect Lois from herself.

It would be a piece of cake for all concerned. No sweat, no muss, no bother, no harm, no foul.
/gets popcorn/ And I can wholeheartedly attest to the fact that yes, it will all be perfectly smooth sailing from here on out. No bumps. No bruises. Just a most happy Disney movie. You seen The Last Jedi yet?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Ah, feedback. Nectar to the parched author's spirit.

folc4ever, that "fly on the wall" perspective is in the next chapter - as is the answer Marcus' question about Perry being clear on what's really going on.

Michael, for a beta with a lot of the story already in your possession, you're being quite cagey. And I think I like thinking of Stern as an honest Darth Vader.

I've not yet seen "The Last Jedi," although I certainly plan to do so. I just haven't wanted to challenge both the crowds and the cold temps in my current physical condition. I believe that Lois' reaction to Perry's news will tell us a lot about her current mental state.

Next chapter up in moments! Stay tuned!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
Wow, that's an interesting premise. I'm wondering whether Perry will explain the idea to Lois and/or Clark. I'm thinking he might decide not to for verisimilitude.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
Michael, for a beta with a lot of the story already in your possession, you're being quite cagey.
Thanks! One has to be, I firmly believe smile

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard