Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
WHAM warning but with a little twinkle of hope? No? Maybe? laugh Hmm. How about, WHAM warning with not-so-subtle notes of songfic? (I did bury some lyrics in there somewhere, brownie points if you find them.)

Song reference is, of course, Jimmy Olsen's Blues by the Spin Doctors, although taken with a darker slant. Oldie but goodie. lol

Thoughts go here. wave

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Mouse... bravo! The plot, the character development, the raw emotion... all brilliant. You really captured Clark’s goodness, Jimmy’s anguish and the terrible situation perfectly notworthy You had me in tears by the end!

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Columnist
Columnist
I love Jimmy Olsen's Blues and Pocket Full of Kryptonite. Those songs bring me back to the 90's and the show, my high school days, and of simpler times.

Now the plot of this story is just Woah! I love it. It reminds me of the line Jimmy said in "Just Say Noah" when he admitted he always had a crush on her. The tragedy of the story, the heartbreak of the loss. You make us feel such pain for Jimmy, the loss of a lost love that he never really had. Wonderful. Tragedy. So many words, yet lost for words.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow ... just wow. What a powerful, moving story.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
NK: Thanks! Happy to hear the characterizations turned out good. I struggled with an ending on this one, so I'm glad you liked it.

CarrieRene: laugh That little line in "Just Say Noah" is what paired this song to the story so well in my mind. Glad you enjoyed!

Annie B: Thanks! sloppy

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Here, I came back to the boards to see if I could find a nice romantic holiday story and I get hit by a WHAM! I, of course, knew what I was getting into, due to your warning, but how could I resist a Mouse story? I couldn't, because despite the WHAM I knew it would be a good read. And, in that department, I wasn't disappointed.

So much pain all around. Jimmy has certainly waded too deeply in Lois's dark waters (you know, those waters she jumps into without testing first). A bad year? Understatement much? The only thing that could've made it worse was if Jimmy had killed Lois himself. Poor Clark. Horrible year. First he loses Lois, then Jimmy, and now his kids lives are in danger and yet, he still finds a way to be himself.

At first, I thought that Jimmy (after I realized it was Jimmy) had somehow married Lois and these were HIS and Lois's kids he was talking to (ala How I Met Your Mother). And, I thought, "Whoa! Jimmy killed Clark! Did he do that on purpose? Did he win Lois by comforting her after she lost Clark?"

Well written. There is hope there, even if it is only a small pocketful.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey Mouse wave

Glad to see you had one more surprise up your sleeve before the new year hit. And what a HIT! Holy cow! You had me going there for awhile. At first I thought it was Clark then I was like wait no what if it's Dan? Then no it was Jimmy. I am over here bawling my eyes out from the emotional whiplash. Holy cow! Poor Clark! Poor Jimmy! Poor kids being subjected to that by their uncle after their mom's death. WTH?

Glad it had a somewhat happy ending, but still... wow!!

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard