Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Greetings!

Part Three is finally posted! clap Sorry about the delay, but it is year end and the job and knitting baby stuff is demanding all of my attention right now.

In any case we get a chance to see the ladies' side of things while the gents have a very important discussion which will come up in Part Four that will be posted before the year ends!

For those of you who have read Stranger in our Midst a character from that story is mentioned.

As always, thanks to MikeM and KatherineKent for the great beta work! party

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Just getting caught up with this fabulous tale with great details. clap

I love how you bring your characters from other stories back. RL does have a way of interrupting writing. Glad to see that you're knitting! And baby things are always so much fun to knit. Soft yarn, and small items that don't have nearly the number of stitches an adult size does. [Linked Image]

Merry Christmas! [Linked Image]

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Cuidadora

Just getting caught up with this fabulous tale with great details. clap

I love how you bring your characters from other stories back. RL does have a way of interrupting writing. Glad to see that you're knitting! And baby things are always so much fun to knit. Soft yarn, and small items that don't have nearly the number of stitches an adult size does.

Thanks so much for the kind comments!

I should have said a little more when I replied to your comment. Bring back characters from previous stories allows the readers to be 'grounded' in the particular universe. Aykira was a key player in Stranger in our Midst. When that story ended it was long before their 60th wedding anniversary, so it is entirely possible that she would show up again in their lives.

Dr. Ignatous Klein is the opposite of his Great Uncle and just the sort of person Jonathan was concerned might get their hands on his son.

Working as fast as I can to get this fic done before Midnight December 31st!

Last edited by Morgana; 12/29/17 04:56 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yes I love when you bring Aykira back into the mix. So you have punted the problem of Clark's revival out to Part 4, I can't wait to see how you handle that. An aside, does Iggy's memory wipe mean anything gained by his observation of Clark's regeneration will have been lost or does Lois have possession of his files along with the Kryptonite? Despite how he handled communications or lack thereof with the family he had a good idea to see how Kryptonian DNA re-wrote itself.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
MikeM

Yes I love when you bring Aykira back into the mix. So you have punted the problem of Clark's revival out to Part 4, I can't wait to see how you handle that. An aside, does Iggy's memory wipe mean anything gained by his observation of Clark's regeneration will have been lost or does Lois have possession of his files along with the Kryptonite? Despite how he handled communications or lack thereof with the family he had a good idea to see how Kryptonian DNA re-wrote itself.

Mike

Aykira is a good character and always manages to show up when the Kents least expect her. whistle

Yup, wait until Part Four which will be up in a few hours!

No Iggy may not retain his memories of what Clark and several of his family members do as 'side jobs' But his notes (Names removed of course) will be at Beverly's fingertips whenever she needs them. If Iggy had told CJ from the beginning what had happened to his father, I think the family would have allowed him to keep those records and even experiments. After all, that was how Bernie learned a thing or two about Clark's genetic structure.

Morgana

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard