Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#278112 12/20/17 10:53 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
In the next installment of "Rules Series" Lois and Clark celebrate their first Christmas together as a couple. After stopping Winslow Schott from turning the city of Metropolis into a mob of greedy children the couple share Christmas Eve with Lois' mother and Christmas morning in Smallville with the Kents. (4 of 10)

Yes, it's the next "Rules" fic. Yes, it's a one and done fic. No 'chapters' and it's a Christmas fic. A whole bunch of things that you never thought I could do dance

The next "Rules" fic will be posted next year. I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas / Holiday/ free time off with the family/ friends. Thanks for reading and as always FDK of all kinds is welcome. thumbsup
[Linked Image]

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Aww! Cute fic! Clark is way too adorable for his own good. And I'm glad Lois got to experience a real Christmas, and not one that's all for show. She needed that, badly. Next year, Superman will have to kidnap Lucy and fly her out to Smallville too. wink

Merry Christmas! What a great gift this story was!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Features Writer
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Aww! Cute fic! Clark is way too adorable for his own good. And I'm glad Lois got to experience a real Christmas, and not one that's all for show. She needed that, badly. Next year, Superman will have to kidnap Lucy and fly her out to Smallville too. wink

[Linked Image]

What a lovely fic. Everyone is in character, and both Clark & Lois experience the other's past Christmases. Thanks for the early Christmas present! [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Love it! I would love to know what it was exactly that Lois said to Ellen though (oops just reread the story and saw it blush still would love to see the actual exchange)

Last edited by Crazy_Babe; 12/20/17 03:36 PM.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Columnist
Columnist
I loved it. I swear the party and Ellen sounded like Gilmore Girls. I would rather be at the Kent's farm too and love the cookie tradition.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer

Awww, thanks Vicki!

I'm glad you guys enjoyed this one. It was meant to be pure waffiness considering what's about to come...

Clark really is adorable. I figured with it being their first Christmas together it would be nice to have Lois experience Christmas the way Clark sees it. LOL Lucy does need a nice Christmas too. Not sure about the kidnapping part but probably just spending it with her sister will suffice too.

Merry Christmas!
Thanks again for betaing this one so quickly. wave

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by cuidadora

[Linked Image]

What a lovely fic. Everyone is in character, and both Clark & Lois experience the other's past Christmases. Thanks for the early Christmas present! [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Aww, thanks Cuidadora!

I'm glad you enjoyed this one. I wanted to give them both a chance to experience Christmas with each other's families.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Crazy_Babe
Love it! I would love to know what it was exactly that Lois said to Ellen though (oops just reread the story and saw it blush still would love to see the actual exchange)

LOL! Yeah, I had written it out and then I was like...You know this is going to make this story SO long if I put it in there. I may do a flashback or something to it if you really want to know haha

It is a TEN part series so there's always time. thumbsup You can see what's coming on my website here: Lois and Clark Tribute | Fanfiction

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by CarrieRene
I loved it. I swear the party and Ellen sounded like Gilmore Girls. I would rather be at the Kent's farm too and love the cookie tradition.

You know it's funny you say that because I actually was modeling Mrs. Camden's personality after Emily Gilmore lol. I figured her and Ellen would get along. evil The cookie tradition is actually a tradition in my husband's family. It's a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe that only the Wilson women know. It's passed down from Mother/ Mother-in-law to daughter/daughter-in-law. I thought it was a nice bonding moment. laugh

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The soft ring of her mobile phone reached her ears, and Lois sighed, pulling it out of her purse. “Hello?”

“Lois? It’s nearly eight o’clock!” Her mother’s voice screeched on the other end of the phone. “Where are you?”

‘Where was she?’ She frowned looking around the crowded street outside the Coates Orphanage she was standing on.

Oh boy, any phone call from Ellen is a thing to be dreaded! wallbash

“Your sister is already here. After everything she went through last week, the least you could do is show up!” Her mother rambled on.

Yeah Lois, you gotta go.

She pulled herself out of bed, preparing for the worst as memories from the night before came back to her. Thankfully, the headache didn’t come. She looked down at the black dress she still wore from last night, noting the slept in appearance of her attire.

Lois, next time think before you start drinking at Mom's gatherings!

Lucy chuckled her agreement. “Definitely on the ‘What not to wear’ issue.” There was a long pause before she added, “Thanks for coming last night for me. I know you didn’t want to, but I do appreciate you making an effort for me.”

Lucy has a great sister!

“That mom was the one you wanted to spend the rest of your life with?” He finally asked.

He watched his dad almost drop the eggs in his hand. He reached out to catch them before they fell. His dad slowly released the handle on the door and turned to him. “A little warning next time?”

“Sorry,” He flashed a sheepish smile at his dad.

Ah, so true. These small conversations Clark and his father has always make me feel good. smile

He pulled out a small box from his pocket wrapped in a blue ribbon and handed it to her. She pulled the ribbon loose and opened the box, revealing a simple silver chain necklace with a small star-shaped pendant on it. “Oh, Clark, it’s gorgeous,” she gasped in surprise. “I’ve never seen anything like it.”

Love the star. Thanks for a very sweet and funny story!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday

LOL! Yeah, I had written it out and then I was like...You know this is going to make this story SO long if I put it in there. I may do a flashback or something to it if you really want to know haha

It is a TEN part series so there's always time. thumbsup You can see what's coming on my website here: Lois and Clark Tribute | Fanfiction

Yes please I would love to know. I can already imagine the look on Ellen’s face though

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Morgana
The soft ring of her mobile phone reached her ears, and Lois sighed, pulling it out of her purse. “Hello?”

“Lois? It’s nearly eight o’clock!” Her mother’s voice screeched on the other end of the phone. “Where are you?”

‘Where was she?’ She frowned looking around the crowded street outside the Coates Orphanage she was standing on.

Oh boy, any phone call from Ellen is a thing to be dreaded! wallbash

“Your sister is already here. After everything she went through last week, the least you could do is show up!” Her mother rambled on.

Yeah Lois, you gotta go.

She pulled herself out of bed, preparing for the worst as memories from the night before came back to her. Thankfully, the headache didn’t come. She looked down at the black dress she still wore from last night, noting the slept in appearance of her attire.

Lois, next time think before you start drinking at Mom's gatherings!

Lucy chuckled her agreement. “Definitely on the ‘What not to wear’ issue.” There was a long pause before she added, “Thanks for coming last night for me. I know you didn’t want to, but I do appreciate you making an effort for me.”

Lucy has a great sister!

“That mom was the one you wanted to spend the rest of your life with?” He finally asked.

He watched his dad almost drop the eggs in his hand. He reached out to catch them before they fell. His dad slowly released the handle on the door and turned to him. “A little warning next time?”

“Sorry,” He flashed a sheepish smile at his dad.

Ah, so true. These small conversations Clark and his father has always make me feel good. smile

He pulled out a small box from his pocket wrapped in a blue ribbon and handed it to her. She pulled the ribbon loose and opened the box, revealing a simple silver chain necklace with a small star-shaped pendant on it. “Oh, Clark, it’s gorgeous,” she gasped in surprise. “I’ve never seen anything like it.”

Love the star. Thanks for a very sweet and funny story!

Hi Morgana! wave

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. I'm glad you enjoyed my little holiday fic. I tried to keep it light and fun. grin Lots of twists and turns to come in the new year.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer

Yes please I would love to know. I can already imagine the look on Ellen’s face though

Haha! Okay, I'll put the flashback in one of the upcoming Rules fics then. hyper

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
C
Kerth
Kerth
C

Haha! Okay, I'll put the flashback in one of the upcoming Rules fics then. hyper

Yay!!!!

Helen Keller
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What a sweet WAFFy Christmas fic. I didn't realize it was part of series. Someday, when the Earth stops rotating and I have free time again, I hope to get to them all.

Love the comparison between the Lane family and the Kent family Christmases. Is there anyone who would want the former rather than the latter? While both are about community, that is where the similarities end. Was the really the first time Clark met Ellen?

I love how Martha has already shared her family cookie recipe with Lois, knowing before Clark that Lois will soon be officially a member of their family. I also love that neither man (or even Lois) noticed. LOL. Martha is so sly.

You should write more one-part stories, Folc4evernaday, so everyone who doesn't have the time to read your long fics can see what a great writer you are. I enjoyed this very much.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
What a sweet WAFFy Christmas fic. I didn't realize it was part of series. Someday, when the Earth stops rotating and I have free time again, I hope to get to them all.

Love the comparison between the Lane family and the Kent family Christmases. Is there anyone who would want the former rather than the latter? While both are about community, that is where the similarities end. Was the really the first time Clark met Ellen?

I love how Martha has already shared her family cookie recipe with Lois, knowing before Clark that Lois will soon be officially a member of their family. I also love that neither man (or even Lois) noticed. LOL. Martha is so sly.

You should write more one-part stories, Folc4evernaday, so everyone who doesn't have the time to read your long fics can see what a great writer you are. I enjoyed this very much.

Awww! Virginia you're so sweet! I'm glad you enjoyed this one. This started out with the Guy Rule Number One and then continued on to Rules of Trust and then Rules of Battle. It will eventually be a ten-part series. I'm glad you enjoyed this little snippet. I wanted some down time for LnC after all the craziness they'd been dealing with. Yes, the Kents' Christmas is definitely preferred. This was Clark's first time meeting Ellen. I thought the cookie tradition was fun. Figured it was something Martha would enjoy doing too. love

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
That’s was so sweet and waffy. I just loved it. Looking forward to the next one.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by jackiek
That’s was so sweet and waffy. I just loved it. Looking forward to the next one.

Hey jackiek! wave

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed this one. hyper love

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard