Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Story is Here.

Comments go here. smile

I hope y'all enjoy, and I hope to have more soon. Thanks to everyone for bearing with my sporadic pace!

~•~
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
hyper
He hefted the phone in his hand again, unaware that he had even picked it up. He stared at it for a long time, thinking, then frowned. He shouldn't call.

"Uh, Clark? Scrabble words are supposed to be in English, remember?"
Ooooh! Someone’s teeping!

He opened his mouth, ready to argue the merits of “Sesquipedates”, but thought better of it. With a shake of his head, he added the points to her column.
huh Google was at a loss, too. There might have been one hit with Latin and there seems to be an orchid that has Sesquipedale in its name.

“So, what does it mean?” she asked him.

Clark raised an eyebrow at her. “Shouldn't I be asking you that?”
See?

The corners of his mouth twitched. “Um, not that kind of miss,” he told her. “It means...when you miss someone.” He fell quiet.
Yeah, it would be awkward if Clark got sent thoughts whenever Michel sees a good looking miss in Paris. Might make being close to Lois kind of uncomfortable.

“Did you ever have someone that you thought was a close friend, and then, one day, without warning...they abandon you?”
Like he did during the heat wave thing?

Lois stared at him for several seconds, then snorted. “You're kidding, right?”

Clark blinked at her in surprise. “What do you mean?”

“Do you not remember the heat-wave a few months ago?!” Lois asked, rolling her eyes.
See?

“No, really,” said Clark. “I never meant to hurt you, and I'm sorry that I did. I just can't believe that you got married and didn't tell me!"
confused shock What? Wait, is he getting Michel and his almost-girlfriend again?

Lois stared at him with an odd expression. “What?”

“What?” Clark echoed, feeling confused.

She tilted her head. “Me getting married? What are you talking about?”
See?

Clark tried to figure out where the thought had come from. Somewhere in the back of his mind, he felt something vaguely like radio static. A few words managed to break through:

...YOU'RE...ON...YOUR...HONEYMOON?!
Yep, he she got married. Darn it, how did they part again?

Hey, there’s another one! [Linked Image] Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi, Darth! wave It's great to hear from you again. smile

Google was at a loss, too. There might have been one hit with Latin and there seems to be an orchid that has Sesquipedale in its name.

Ah, well you see--*is shoved aside by Lois*

Lois: Look, it's a perfectly valid word! You know how "Sesquipedalian" is a fancy way of saying that somebody uses really long words? Well, "sesquipedating" is using longer words than you need to!

Clark: Lois, that's not actually--*sigh*. You know what? Never mind.

~•~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard