Print Thread
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 32 33
#276974 09/14/17 09:07 AM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
In the interests of sparking a little bit of life and having some fun, I thought we could start a game of Guess the Quote, Lois and Clark style.

Rules are simple. First person to correctly identify the quote with who said it and which episode it was in gets to post the next quote.

Here's the first one, to start us off.

'Hope for the best. Plan for the worst.'

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by NostalgiaKick
In the interests of sparking a little bit of life and having some fun, I thought we could start a game of Guess the Quote, Lois and Clark style.

Rules are simple. First person to correctly identify the quote with who said it and which episode it was in gets to post the next quote.

Okay, I waited and no one else said it so....

Asabi. All Shook Up when he was talking to Lex Luthor.

New Quote: "Hello?? Subtle Hint!"

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh man! I wanted to answer this one. I can see Asabi's face so clearly. Honestly in some ways he was a better henchman than Nigel.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday

Okay, I waited and no one else said it so....

Asabi. All Shook Up when he was talking to Lex Luthor.

That's Clone Lois. Um...Forget Me Not, I think.

If I'm right, then new quote of:

I also have to think of my future. The Planet's a dying paper. I don't want to be the one to turn out the lights.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram

Clone Lois yes

BUT Forget Me Not was after she died.

She was in Double Jeopardy and Seconds

Anyone want to guess which episode?

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Clone Lois yes

BUT Forget Me Not was after she died.

She was in Double Jeopardy and Seconds

Anyone want to guess which episode?

Gah! I meant to type Seconds. Classic moment when my brain says one thing and my fingers do whatever they feel like. :P Which explains why, when I edit my fics, sometimes I'm left scratching my head over what the heck I wrote.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Gah! I meant to type Seconds. Classic moment when my brain says one thing and my fingers do whatever they feel like. :P Which explains why, when I edit my fics, sometimes I'm left scratching my head over what the heck I wrote.

Yes! When Clone Lois was trying to get Dr. Klein to leave the room so she could talk to Clark....alone....subtle hint...

I also have to think of my future. The Planet's a dying paper. I don't want to be the one to turn out the lights.

Clark Kent the Rival when he's talking to Preston Carpenter about a job at the STAR.

New Quote:No we're not going to grow old together. I'm going to grow old....alone.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Beat Reporter
Online Sleepy
Beat Reporter
That's "Brutal Youth" Lois to Clark after they left Dr. Doodsen who was spitting venom about men leaving their spouses for younger women. Before Lois discovered in a conversation with Klein that Clarks cells age slower. She thought Clark knew that, which he didn't. Clark rolls his eyes but then sits down on some stairs in front of a house with her and they talk this out. I think he answered something like "no one knows how long they have to live but that they'll have a wonderful life together." She is not convinced - something like "and after that you'll have another life."

whistle

New quote: "No electricity at all?"

Last edited by Kathryn84; 09/18/17 02:33 PM. Reason: Added something

Kathryn
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That's Double Jeopardy, Jonathan to Clark when Clark informs his parents that he's still a virgin. :P

Next one: "Well, I would've preferred 'Hail to the Chief,' but everything in time."

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That's Double Jeopardy, Jonathan to Clark when Clark informs his parents that he's still a virgin. :P

Next one: "Well, I would've preferred 'Hail to the Chief,' but everything in time."

bahahaha!

Tempus to Lois in Lois and Clarks when he kidnaps HG Wells and shows up in Lois' living room in the time machine.

Quote: Then, you're done for, pal. Lois and Clark are like pit bulls, they're the best.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Columnist
Columnist
I finally found it. It was Dr. Klein in The Toyman in Season 4.

My quote is...

Debbie n me, we had our problems...but I never thought she'd leave. Must be something about bein thirty.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by CarrieRene
I finally found it. It was Dr. Klein in The Toyman in Season 4.

My quote is...

Debbie n me, we had our problems...but I never thought she'd leave. Must be something about bein thirty.

Toy Story but yes. Dr. Klein to Harold Kripstley "the toy man"

Joe Malloy in It's a Small World After All. Talking about his wife missing to Lois and Clark.

New Quote You sure know how to show a girl a good time.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter

Lois to Clark in Dead Lois Walking. I love those episodes.

Next Quote: "My favorite flavor, it's pink."

Last edited by Lady Loisette; 09/23/17 05:03 AM.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Lady Loisette

Lois to Clark in Dead Lois Walking. I love those episodes.

Next Quote: "My favorite flavor, it's pink."

That's right! dance

Okay I know this one.

The Source. Lois says it to the little girl she was racing at the carnival right before the Ferris wheel went berserk.

New Quote: Well, you know, they're always trying to shrink something.

Hint Worded differently in the script than the actual show. I took this quote from the actual episode.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Beat Reporter
Online Sleepy
Beat Reporter
You beat me by an hour... :-)

"It's a small world after all" Dr. Klein tells Lois I think. They are talking about the company that is responsible for the shrinking shampoo. (The company is named "Westman Cosmetics", Annette Westman was a classmate of Lois.)

Then it is my turn, we'll stay with Dr. Klein...:

"What'd Dr. Klein say?"

Kathryn
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Feels like that could be any one of the eps where Dr. Klein appears! laugh

But I do distinctly remember those words coming from Lois, to Clark, in Brutal Youth, at the end, after Clark and Jimmy see Dr. K after their run in with the youth transference machine.

New one:

Good. I'm a strange visitor from another planet.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Beat Reporter
Online Sleepy
Beat Reporter
There were two episodes where exactly this was said. One of them is at the end of brutal youth. cool

angel-devil

Kathryn
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
I could be wrong, but isn't that from Ordinary People? Clark to Lois when they're trying to make a fire and she tells him she was a Girl Scout?

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Bingo!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Yay!

Ok, next quote

He's a taco short of a combo plate

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 32 33

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard