Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Your meal might be Thanksgiving leftovers but here's a fresh new chapter to wash it down with! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Hmm. Very interesting. I had been thinking that the darkness Clark might embrace was being Nightwing, associate of The Dark Knight and resident of the night in Gotham City. Maybe it was really his own belief that he was immortal, and therefore unable to see a time when he would not exist on Earth. Or that his darkness might be a bit more permanent; i.e., loss of his powers.

I think he should adopt a duckface when fighting criminals and shout "I am the terror that quacks in the night!" when he surprises them.

Or not.

Anyway, this part of the epic tale is nearly done. I wonder how Clark will amicably split from Bruce when the time comes? Surely he'll move to Metropolis soon, where he'll meet the indefatigable Lois Lane and begin sparring with her on a regular basis. Won't that be fun to watch!

Keep it up, DC. This is a very inventive tale, and I'm enjoying each chapter.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
Hmm. Very interesting. I had been thinking that the darkness Clark might embrace was being Nightwing, associate of The Dark Knight and resident of the night in Gotham City. Maybe it was really his own belief that he was immortal, and therefore unable to see a time when he would not exist on Earth. Or that his darkness might be a bit more permanent; i.e., loss of his powers.

I think he should adopt a duckface when fighting criminals and shout "I am the terror that quacks in the night!" when he surprises them.

Or not.

Anyway, this part of the epic tale is nearly done. I wonder how Clark will amicably split from Bruce when the time comes? Surely he'll move to Metropolis soon, where he'll meet the indefatigable Lois Lane and begin sparring with her on a regular basis. Won't that be fun to watch!

Keep it up, DC. This is a very inventive tale, and I'm enjoying each chapter.

Thank you, Terry! The darkness Clark's embraced is not limited to one thing. It's definitely the physical dark - running around as Nightwing in the dead of the night with Batman. But he's also still very much a loner right now, missing the Lois Lane his life requires, so there's a darkness in his heart too.

I think the duckface thing might make it easy to capture criminals. they'd be too busy laughing to fight back! Ha! laugh

So glad you've been enjoying the tale so far. Lois is coming soon, I promise! And I hope you enjoy the other parts to the series as well.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I just read all the chapters (so far) in the past couple of days. Great story!

I do hope for some closure with the halfway house at some point... Grandma Tildy can't live forever, and Clark would be very broken up if he lost the chance to thank her properly. Plus, she deserves to hear it!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by AmyPrime
I just read all the chapters (so far) in the past couple of days. Great story!

I do hope for some closure with the halfway house at some point... Grandma Tildy can't live forever, and Clark would be very broken up if he lost the chance to thank her properly. Plus, she deserves to hear it!

Thanks, Amy! Glad you've been enjoying it. Clark won't be returning to the halfway house in the next installment, but I definitely have plans for the 3rd story in the series.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Bruce and Clark are lucky to have Alfred. They'd be in a lot of trouble without him.

Looking forward to the next part. smile

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lady Loisette
Bruce and Clark are lucky to have Alfred. They'd be in a lot of trouble without him.

Looking forward to the next part. smile

Very true! I think they both know it rather well too. Alfred is definitely invaluable to them. Next part coming up this weekend! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Beat Reporter
Online Sleepy
Beat Reporter
I am glad it didn't take long for Clark to get back to his old self. That must have been terrifying for both of them.

Now Clark is back on his normal day-job is his next assignment in the Kongo? Brazzaville? Will he finally meet who we all have been waiting for?

I should get ready for our big family meeting but I can't resist starting the last chapter of this wonderful story!

Kathryn

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard