Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#277862 11/20/17 09:52 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Everyone wave

As promised we have a list of the categories we will include in the Kerths for next year based on the fics that have made their way to the boards and the archive this year. If you recall during the Post-Kerth quiz we asked what categories you'd like to see this year. Based on the fanfictions completed this year these are the categories we'll be including this next year.

Just a reminder, a fanfiction becomes eligible for the Kerths when the completed story is posted to the boards (fanfic or Zoom) or submitted through the archives before Jan 1. If a story is posted elsewhere, you can request eligibility by emailing the KCOM at kcom@kerthawards.com.

Kerth Categories

Super-Short
Super-Short is for all stories between 1 and 10kb in size.

Short
Short is for all stories between 11 and 50kb in size.

Mid-Length
Mid-Length is for all stories between 51 and 200kb in size.

Epic
Epic is for all stories over 201kb in size.

Best Tearjerker
Heart wrenching moments in the fic. *sniff*

Best Kiss
Best Kiss. First, second, third, hundredth. Doesn't matter. It's a kiss and it's a memorable one. Married, dating, not dating, engaged. Doesn't matter. Best Kiss.

Best Relationship Story
Story that shows a developing relationship between Lois and Clark. It doesn't have to end up with the duo together but must show a change in their relationship from the beginning of the fic to the end.

Best Revelation
Someone finds out Clark is Superman. Most of the time it's Lois, but there have been others to become privy to this secret. Any fic that reveals this to a character in the fanfic is eligible for this category.

Best Challenge Response
Fanfiction written in response to a challenge posted on the boards.

Best Villain
Any villain in the fanfiction.

Best Original Character
This category is designated for characters other than Lois and Clark that the author has taken extra care to make them shine in their own original way. It can be any of the original supporting cast or new characters or even some of the villains that we've come to love to hate.

Best Alternate Universe / Elsewhere/ Next Gen
This category is combined due to not having enough in each area to warrant a category for each.
Alternate Universe is when characters have veered off completely from canon or relate to the original Alt. Universe on the show.
Elsewhere are fanfictions that veer off completely from the original canon stories. (ie: something happened prior to Pilot to change the course of the characters and plot, etc..)
Next Gen is where the next generation of superheroes becomes a main part of the plot.

Best Series
Two or more fanfictions related to one another posted/archived in the same year.

Best Introspective
A fanfiction that gets inside a character's head and allows introspective thought to become the main focus on the story.

Best Waffy
Warm and Fuzzy Feeling. You read it, and you get that warm and fuzzy feeling all over because it's just a fun feel-good story.

Best Character Development
Any character throughout the fanfiction showing growth or change / development from the beginning to the end of the story.

Best Comedy
Fun, happy, makes you laugh while you're reading it.

Best Episode Adaptation
A rewrite of an episode or a fanfiction picking up at the end of an episode.

Best Drama
There's action. There's suspense. There's drama. You gotta know what's going to happen. You get the picture right?

Most Innovative Idea
A creative idea that thinks outside the normal parameters seen in everyday fics

If you have any WIPs try and wrap them up before the end of the year. Looking forward to an exciting Kerth Season next year. If you have any questions feel free to email us at kcom@kerthawards.com.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh this could be very interesting!

I have another story in with my betas, should start posting next month. Happy Kerth season!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Happy
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awesome, Morgana! The more the merrier!

We, the K-Com, are really, really excited about the new categories we're rolling out, and the potential for a lot more authors and fics to take home the prize. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Columnist
Columnist
I am so happy to be part of the group this year.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
The list of categories is exciting. Due to being without a computer most of the year I was unable to write anything this year, but it'll be fun to see all the other stories and maybe I'll be able to get something out next year.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Hi wave

Third and, regrettably, most absent member of the KCOM here. I’m late to the party as RL has attacked.

I’d like to add our thanks to everyone that took the time to give us feedback on new categories; there were some really interesting ideas thrown around and I hope you all enjoy the upcoming Kerth season. From current counts we’re on track to equal or hopefully exceed last year’s story count.

A quick note. The upcoming Kerths will actually be the TWENTIETH Kerths held. We’d really love to mark this milestone with a bang, so please, all of you with a work in progress- we’d love to see it completed so we can include it in this Kerth season (and yes that does go for me and my fellow KCOM members too!)

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Message received loud and clear! clap

Lady will be finished this year. Will try to get my other one out as well!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Happy
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
We're so excited about our new categories and the return of some old favorites. With this being the 20th Kerth Award ceremony, we're doing our best to make it something special. The new categories are definitely a part of that!

We have very few incomplete stories as of this point, so, to echo my fellow K-Com members, please, if possible, finish them so we can add them to our amazing list of eligible stories this year! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Lol, no way will my WIP be posted in time... Too many chapters. I do plan on starting posting soon though, so yay!

I'm super excited to see these new(old) categories back. I feel in my bones that I'm gonna have a lot of reading to do. *rubs hands together excitedly* hyper

That said, I might be able to squeak out one more short before the year's out. angel-devil

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard