Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A bit of an early post (sorry, Val, I didn't want to step on your posting schedule!) but my computer is acting up, a lot. Battery/charging issues all night long that have quieted down for the most part. I'm just afraid it might die and leave me stranded and unable to post until my new laptop arrives on Wednesday, so you all get the new chapter now, instead of tomorrow.

(Goes back to furiously saving everything to an external drive...)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Good luck with all of the saving and the new laptop. I just spent about nine months without a working computer, not knowing if my files would be recoverable. I'm glad that everything finally got sorted out. Now I'm working on trying to get back into writing.

Before the name reveal and even before the discussion of parents I knew who Clark was talking to and I just kept waiting for him to say it. When he finally got around to introducing himself to Clark I was thinking, 'there it is'. goofy I would have been very surprised if it had turned out to be any other name.

The restaurant/food part was torture. I missed both breakfast & lunch today. Then had a pretty small dinner, so reading about all the food just made me really hungry. goofy

I'm looking forward to the next chapter and a good meal. smile

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Columnist
Columnist
Very interesting. I'm really interested in seeing where this friendship goes. Great chapter. Can't wait for more.

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wow. I'd always imagined that Clark and Bruce were the same age, give or take about three years. But once again I'm pleasantly surprised. Does this mean that Batman will eventually become Superman's mentor? Was the young man who died Jason Todd, one of the Robins? Will Clark become Robin? Or are you just teasing us?

How long before Lois makes an appearance? (This is a Lois AND Clark board, after all.) Not that this tale hasn't been fascinating so far. I love how Jonathan and Martha seem to pop into Clark's mind whenever he has an issue with a moral center. It speaks well of all three of them. And I really liked his interactions with the mysterious Bruce in both the previous chapter and this one. And I wonder if Bruce has (or used to have) any super-hero aspirations.

Hey, blow up your posting schedule and let us have them one chapter a day! You'd have some very thankful readers out here in the ether.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
A bit of an early post (sorry, Val, I didn't want to step on your posting schedule!) but my computer is acting up, a lot. Battery/charging issues all night long that have quieted down for the most part. I'm just afraid it might die and leave me stranded and unable to post until my new laptop arrives on Wednesday, so you all get the new chapter now, instead of tomorrow.

No worries Vicki. Hopefully your new PC comes sooner rather than later so you can start getting everything situated and continue working on your other fic. smile1 Hehe as I said before the tease with which you introduced Bruce was nicely done. Now the dilemma for Clark: Yes or No?

Only time will tell.

Good luck with the PC issue wave dizzy

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lady Loisette
Good luck with all of the saving and the new laptop. I just spent about nine months without a working computer, not knowing if my files would be recoverable. I'm glad that everything finally got sorted out. Now I'm working on trying to get back into writing.

Before the name reveal and even before the discussion of parents I knew who Clark was talking to and I just kept waiting for him to say it. When he finally got around to introducing himself to Clark I was thinking, 'there it is'. goofy I would have been very surprised if it had turned out to be any other name.

The restaurant/food part was torture. I missed both breakfast & lunch today. Then had a pretty small dinner, so reading about all the food just made me really hungry. goofy

I'm looking forward to the next chapter and a good meal. smile

Thanks! Grabbed everything I could off this one, which is thankfully holding on so far. Being without the computer is so hard! I can't even imagine 9 whole months. I'd being going crazy!

The temptation to go with Bruce was just way too high. So of course I had to go with him. Definitely a different world for this version of Clark!

Thanks for reading! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by CarrieRene
Very interesting. I'm really interested in seeing where this friendship goes. Great chapter. Can't wait for more.

Well, things are about to go quite differently for this Clark than others! Being good friends with Bruce will bring its own unique mix of experiences. Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
Wow. I'd always imagined that Clark and Bruce were the same age, give or take about three years. But once again I'm pleasantly surprised. Does this mean that Batman will eventually become Superman's mentor? Was the young man who died Jason Todd, one of the Robins? Will Clark become Robin? Or are you just teasing us?

How long before Lois makes an appearance? (This is a Lois AND Clark board, after all.) Not that this tale hasn't been fascinating so far. I love how Jonathan and Martha seem to pop into Clark's mind whenever he has an issue with a moral center. It speaks well of all three of them. And I really liked his interactions with the mysterious Bruce in both the previous chapter and this one. And I wonder if Bruce has (or used to have) any super-hero aspirations.

Hey, blow up your posting schedule and let us have them one chapter a day! You'd have some very thankful readers out here in the ether.

Hi, Terry!

For this fic, I'm making Clark 17 here and Bruce in his early 30s. I usually like to view then as similar/close in age but though an older Bruce could make life very interesting for this story. You'll see why, soon. Either way, I'm glad you like the little twist. smile

It will be a while before Lois appears in this story trilogy. That is to say...she's not in this one. At all. Next one, which I am working on every chance I get!

You'll be seeing quite a bit more of Bruce in this one, I promise. And your questions about him will be answered! smile

Thanks for reading and commenting!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram

No worries Vicki. Hopefully your new PC comes sooner rather than later so you can start getting everything situated and continue working on your other fic. smile1 Hehe as I said before the tease with which you introduced Bruce was nicely done. Now the dilemma for Clark: Yes or No?

Only time will tell.

Thanks, Val! Tracking still says Wed, which really isn't too far away. smile As long as this one holds on until then!

Glad you liked Bruce's debut. I had fun with him. And still am in the next story.
Good luck with the PC issue wave dizzy

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Clark goes to Gotham and meets....Batman? Very interesting.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by jackiek
Clark goes to Gotham and meets....Batman? Very interesting.

Who else would he meet? laugh Team up of the century!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Nice twist, let's see how that will work out. Will Clark become Robin? I'll probably find out in the next part.

Hopefully now Clark will have less to worry about from now on. Nice how you had them meet at the restaurant with people judging him because of how he looks and Bruce saving him.

Kathryn
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, this sounds good if rather sad. But I've lost my ability
to find the story itself. Help anyone? The search engine doesn't work for me.
r/
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Artemis
Well, this sounds good if rather sad. But I've lost my ability
to find the story itself. Help anyone? The search engine doesn't work for me.
r/
Artemis

Heading out to run some errands but here's the archive link:

Embracing The Darkness

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard