Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#277373 10/21/17 10:11 PM
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Hope this doesn't come across as too advertise-y (and in the interest of full disclosure, I actually have to get traffic to this site for a college class I'm taking on Google Analytics, so I can't even claim there's no ulterior motive!!), but I wanted to let y'all know about a Superman fansite I'm working on. It's supposed to mainly focus on The Adventures of Superman and Lois & Clark, but unfortunately I haven't got much Lois & Clark content up there yet. I haven't got much content at all up there yet, actually...which is something I'll try to fix as soon as I can, but it still might take a while since it can take a lot of work to make an entire website.

I haven't been doing much Superman or Lois & Clark related lately, and I kind of hope I can change that!

Anyway, it may be rather unfinished in some ways, and again there's not even much L&C content right now (though there WILL be, really!! I already have a whole bunch of screencaps on my computer that I want to put there!), but you can still take a peek if you're interested. Here's the link: Small Screen Superman

Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
So far, so good. I'm looking forward to seeing the site fleshed out. And when you have developed it some more, you might want to let Steve Younis at supermanhomepage.com know about it; he might be willing to link to your site.

Also, are you familiar with the Man of Screen podcast? They finished their coverage of all of The Adventures of Superman episodes already, but it will be a while before they get to L&C.

I hope you get a good grade for your class.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Looks like you've got some good bones. I'm a graphic/web designer by trade. If you need any help let me know. thumbsup

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Columnist
Online Happy
Columnist
I like how it is not boaked down by graphics. As folc4vernaday said it has good bones. I once had a site and I had a lot of graphics and these days, when on a tablet or phone it can be harder to use when on those systems.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You are on the right track; informative without a lot of unnecessary glitz. Hope the teacher likes what you've produced.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Thanks for the feedback, guys! I appreciate it. =)

While the site's overall focus on having a pretty simple and clean design will remain, it will definitely have some more graphics and images than it does now when I get farther along in making it. The clear, informative and simple look is intentional, but it will be less "bare bones" about it later on. For example, rather than just having the Small Screen Superman logo at the top, it will actually have a header graphic made from images from the shows.

The site's design is actually slightly inspired by newspapers as a reference to Clark's occupation.

I appreciate the offer, Folc4evernaday! As much as I enjoy doing graphics and web development/design myself, I'm certainly open to the possibility of utilizing help, so I'll keep you in mind. smile I know if anyone's experienced in terms of making L&C graphics, it's you!

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Cool, I like the site. It's very clean and well organized! I read your review of the first episode of Adventures of Superman and thought it was pretty well done smile

Moderated by  bakasi, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard