Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#276830 08/24/17 03:31 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
A/N: Okay so this one is going to be an epic/mid-length. This is the continuation to Ghost From the Past. If you haven't read it you can check it out here. I highly recommend it but it isn't required for this one to make sense. I've written almost half of this one already so posting schedule should remain pretty regular once a week or more depending on my mood or how much harassment I get in comments razz

Fair warning to all:
This is an emotional story. The discussion of child loss is here. (Again, read Ghost From the Past) They lost their child and will still be feeling that loss even with the arrival of another child.

That all being said I hope you enjoy this fic. It is very near and dear to my heart. Comments, questions, etc are welcome. Keep in mind the Lois and Clark in this fic are quite different from cannon b/c of their experiences. (Again, read Ghost From the Past)

That is all you will get for warnings and triggers etc...

I hope you all have fun reading this one. Trailer: My Own Worst Enemy and Fanfiction Banner: My Own Worst Enemy

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Kerth
Kerth
jawdrop

Okay. Adding Ghosts from the Past to the list of fics I'm definitely going back for....

This was so much more than a teaser!! First of all, you've got me hooked for sure. I was a little bit confused by some parts, but it was all clarified as I read on, and I'm sure having read the first fic would have cleared some stuff up automatically. Sam knowing that CK=S and telling Lois was big, Lex squaring off against Intergang, This mysterious Darryl character that was introduced so threateningly and then killed off... I love so much of this already! And of course, I love Baby Jon already, too sloppy

Can't wait to read more! When are you anticipating posting the whole thing? Is it soon? Is it far? Don't mind me, I'll bide the time with the prequel fic... for now... wink

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Mouserocks
jawdrop

Okay. Adding Ghosts from the Past to the list of fics I'm definitely going back for....

This was so much more than a teaser!! First of all, you've got me hooked for sure. I was a little bit confused by some parts, but it was all clarified as I read on, and I'm sure having read the first fic would have cleared some stuff up automatically. Sam knowing that CK=S and telling Lois was big, Lex squaring off against Intergang, This mysterious Darryl character that was introduced so threateningly and then killed off... I love so much of this already! And of course, I love Baby Jon already, too sloppy

Can't wait to read more! When are you anticipating posting the whole thing? Is it soon? Is it far? Don't mind me, I'll bide the time with the prequel fic... for now... wink

Hi Mouse!

Okay, so the first half was actually the last part of what happened in Ghost From the Past. I put it in there to give a refresher for everyone that had read it and help those that hadn't read the story before.

Yes there's a LOT of twists and turns in this one. Lex Luthor vs Intergang will make for some great rivalries. Fun Fact: Darryl is actually the name of that Intergang guy we always saw on the monitors in the show. They named him 'Mr. Darryl' in the script.

There are a lot of sub plots going on that will kinda come together in this one. Nowhere near as many as WCCCD was but these are kinda sewn tightly together to keep the flow. I hope you enjoy reading Ghost From the Past and catching up on this one. This little series is near and dear to my heart.

I plan on posting one chapter a week as time permits but there may be a delay the weekend of September 8th b/c I'm taking my son to see Superman (Dean Cain) at Wizard World in Nashville for his birthday weekend. Other than that it should be a pretty regular posting schedule. I've got a good bit of this already written.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I have not read Ghosts from the Past and I'm not sure I can read an emotional story right now. This one has a lot of angsty elements and although it looks intriguing, I'll probably need to check back with this story during a school break. Good luck!

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by BJ
I have not read Ghosts from the Past and I'm not sure I can read an emotional story right now. This one has a lot of angsty elements and although it looks intriguing, I'll probably need to check back with this story during a school break. Good luck!

Hi BJ,

Yeah, this is an emotional story, to say the least as was Ghost from the Past, but well worth a read when you have the time to invest. Hence, the trigger warning at the beginning. Good luck with the new school year. smile

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Chapter 3 is up.

Should start seeing these as regular postings once a week now. Enjoy. wave

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Well, you're doing a very good job in ratcheting up the tension here. And it's still early in the story, too.

having used Lucy Lane as a major character in several of my own stories, I like the way you're using Lucy in this tale. She's a competent professional who thinks for herself and is willing to learn from those with more experience than she has. Makes me wonder if she's going to be a bigger part of the story's climax than usual. At least she's not enamored with Johnny Corbin here.

Great dramatic plot using both Luthor and Intergang together. It appears to me that Lex is actually consulting with Intergang's top echelon. Also, it almost sounds like Bill Church senior might be losing his hold on reality. Billy isn't going to let Dad in on his latest and greatest money-making schemes, and Dad is just letting him run off on his own. Or is Bill senior giving Junior enough rope to hang himself? I guess we'll have to see.

Keep it coming, f4! I like this one and I want more!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I forgot to mention that Mayson's obvious interest in Clark not being blunted by Lois' wedding band surprised me. I wonder if it's something residual that she couldn't turn off right away, or if she's a bit less ethical than the Mayson we saw in the show. Either way, it's yet another complication for our favorite couple.

Cat-fight coming! Cat-fight! I got twenty (cents) on Lois!

Features Writer
Features Writer
I wondered when Mayson first met Clark if he was wearing a wedding band. I assumed he would in this story, so either he wasn't or Mayson didn't notice when they first met. Or maybe she did notice, and as Terry suggested is less ethical than the show's version. Will be interesting to see what Mayson is really like. When Mayson showed up at the apartment late at night, I'm surprised that Lois was as restrained as she was. This story is just full of interesting twists and turns.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Terry Leatherwood
Well, you're doing a very good job in ratcheting up the tension here. And it's still early in the story, too.

having used Lucy Lane as a major character in several of my own stories, I like the way you're using Lucy in this tale. She's a competent professional who thinks for herself and is willing to learn from those with more experience than she has. Makes me wonder if she's going to be a bigger part of the story's climax than usual. At least she's not enamored with Johnny Corbin here.

Great dramatic plot using both Luthor and Intergang together. It appears to me that Lex is actually consulting with Intergang's top echelon. Also, it almost sounds like Bill Church senior might be losing his hold on reality. Billy isn't going to let Dad in on his latest and greatest money-making schemes, and Dad is just letting him run off on his own. Or is Bill senior giving Junior enough rope to hang himself? I guess we'll have to see.

Keep it coming, f4! I like this one and I want more!

I forgot to mention that Mayson's obvious interest in Clark not being blunted by Lois' wedding band surprised me. I wonder if it's something residual that she couldn't turn off right away, or if she's a bit less ethical than the Mayson we saw in the show. Either way, it's yet another complication for our favorite couple.

Cat-fight coming! Cat-fight! I got twenty (cents) on Lois!

Hi Terry!

Thanks for commenting. Yes, I am making Lucy a very important player in this story. Just because LnC are married now doesn't mean her role in her sister's life diminishes any. Plus she is working at the Metropolis P.D. So lots can go wrong there.

Yes, there's a lot of fun with the Lex/Bill Jr. plot. As well as the Bill Sr./Bill Jr. plot. Who will come out the victor? Only time will tell.

Ah yes, Mayson Drake. Well, I guess it's a little of both. This isn't the exact same Mayson Drake we saw in the show with the different experiences that will come out later. She's kinda got the wind knocked out of her sails upon discovering Clark Kent is in fact married, but can't seem to turn the wandering eyes off. Not something that's good to have around a hormonal and expecting Lois Lane.

Originally Posted by Cuidadora
I wondered when Mayson first met Clark if he was wearing a wedding band. I assumed he would in this story, so either he wasn't or Mayson didn't notice when they first met. Or maybe she did notice, and as Terry suggested is less ethical than the show's version. Will be interesting to see what Mayson is really like. When Mayson showed up at the apartment late at night, I'm surprised that Lois was as restrained as she was. This story is just full of interesting twists and turns.

Hi Cuidadora!

Thanks for commenting.

All the questions about Mayson rotflol No, she didn't notice the wedding band which is why she was so surprised to see Lois at the apartment. Lois' feelings on Ms. Drake come out in the next chapter which is up. Lots more of Mayson to come I'm afraid...and twists and turns.

Chapter Four is up.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Bumping!
Chapter 5 is up. Lots of action going on in this one. smile1

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Columnist
Columnist
I was finally able to catch up on this. Like others, I like how Lucy has a major role, but you tend to use Lucy more than others in your stories. Which I like to see, the sisterly bond between Lois and Lucy.

I liked when Clark and Lois got the news about having another baby boy. Great job.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by CarrieRene
I was finally able to catch up on this. Like others, I like how Lucy has a major role, but you tend to use Lucy more than others in your stories. Which I like to see, the sisterly bond between Lois and Lucy.

I liked when Clark and Lois got the news about having another baby boy. Great job.

Hi Carrie wave

Thanks for commenting. hyper Yes, I like showing the sisterly bond between Lois and Lucy. I enjoy the character of Lucy. I think she's fun and can have her own stories to tell. thumbsup Lucy Lane plays a significant role in this story if you haven't already noticed.

Glad you enjoyed the gender reveal moment.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Columnist
Columnist
Once again a little late reading, but I finally read it. Mayson finally showed her cards. Hopefully she proves to be an asset and does not put Lois at risk.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Once again a little late reading, but I finally read it. Mayson finally showed her cards. Hopefully she proves to be an asset and does not put Lois at risk.

Mayson is a complicated creature but we'll have some fun with her wink Glad you enjoyed Chapter 7. thumbsup

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Columnist
Columnist
Wow. First Lucy and Jimmy. Then the Captain tries to interrupt, now someone is trying to make Clark think he is evil. I could see why he wouldn't want Dr. Klein to help him. So much happening and now Sam figured out the formula. Oh boy this can't be good.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Wow. First Lucy and Jimmy. Then the Captain tries to interrupt, now someone is trying to make Clark think he is evil. I could see why he wouldn't want Dr. Klein to help him. So much happening and now Sam figured out the formula. Oh boy this can't be good.

Yes, lots of drama as everything comes to a head. Captain Raymond will be seen quite a bit in this fic. Clark is going to struggle with remaining in control until the programming is completely removed. His ability to trust Dr. Klein is a struggle after everything he's been through.

Metallo lives. dizzy Look out.

Chapter 10 is up and I hope you enjoy. thumbsup

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Columnist
Columnist
Well that's one way to excuse all of his absences. We know that's not true though, Jimmy has lost his mind.

This chapter was action packed.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Well that's one way to excuse all of his absences. We know that's not true though, Jimmy has lost his mind.

This chapter was action packed.

Jimmy's reasoning for thinking that comes out in the next chapter. Yes, lots of action in this chapter. Thanks for reading. wave

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Columnist
Columnist
What? A double? Great as they haven't already lived through enough, you are bringing in a double. OMG!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard