Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
It has been over a year since posting anything. Hope my fellow FoLCs like my sequel to Garden of Memories This is also my first time truly writing a crossover story. According to my betas Forever was a favorite and it is a shame ABC canceled such an intriguing show which held great promise. Hopefully I have been able to capture Dr. Henry Morgan's dashing personality.

Enjoy!

As always, a comment or two is quite welcome! whistle

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi, Morgana.

Thank you for the dedication and for giving Beverly a brief appearance in the story.

As you know, both Beverly and I loved the Forever show and were very disappointed when it was cancelled. It seemed so much better than many of the alternatives that remain on the air today.

I think you have done a very nice job capturing the tone and feel of Henry. I always thought that his character carried an air of calm that came with a life that spanned several hundred years. I sense that same timelessness in this introduction.

I was a little surprised this morning to see that you have such little feedback. But I’ve seen that before for crossovers. This can be especially when there is a limited LnC presence in the story. Still, while I will clearly be biased, I think this is a nice intro to Henry, Jo and a mixed LnC/Forever world. I’m looking forward to where you take this.

Bev has not seen the story yet, but I’ll make sure she takes a look later today.

BobB

Kerth
Kerth
AAAAHHH!!! I love this! I loved Forever! Such a good show and I'm so mad it was cancelled when ABC has yet to find another show to match its quality and hasn't filled the timeslot.

You have Henry down pat! I can actually see him walking down the street as you described. I never would have thought of combining these two universes, but it's pretty seamless in this fic. Does Henry think that Clark has already been renewed? Will he remember or recognize him soon? And why is this only three parts?!?!

Love it as always and can't wait to read more. dance

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Bobbart

Thank you for the dedication and for giving Beverly a brief appearance in the story.

Beverly is a special lady and has touched so many people! Including myself, even though we have never met.

As you know, both Beverly and I loved the Forever show and were very disappointed when it was cancelled. It seemed so much better than many of the alternatives that remain on the air today.

Everyone in the cast and crew of that show worked hard to create a reality many could appreciate. Because of that devotion it easy see Henry walking down the streets of New York in late autumn with Jo by his side ready to crack another elusive case. Except Henry did investigations with style!

I think you have done a very nice job capturing the tone and feel of Henry. I always thought that his character carried an air of calm that came with a life that spanned several hundred years. I sense that same timelessness in this introduction.

He is a very calm. Over the centuries he has seen a great deal, so very little rattles him.

I was a little surprised this morning to see that you have such little feedback. But I’ve seen that before for crossovers. This can be especially when there is a limited LnC presence in the story. Still, while I will clearly be biased, I think this is a nice intro to Henry, Jo and a mixed LnC/Forever world. I’m looking forward to where you take this.

Bev has not seen the story yet, but I’ll make sure she takes a look later today.

Crossovers take time to draw an audience, so I am not surprised. Clark takes center stage in Part Two. He and Ian/Henry have a discussion about their lives and the ladies they love. It should be an eye opener! smile1

Hope Bev likes it!

Last edited by Morgana; 10/07/17 05:20 AM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Mouserocks

Hi Mouse! wave

AAAAHHH!!! I love this! I loved Forever! Such a good show and I'm so mad it was cancelled when ABC has yet to find another show to match its quality and hasn't filled the timeslot.

So glad to read the above! It was a cool show. ABC really missed a bet here!

You have Henry down pat! I can actually see him walking down the street as you described. I never would have thought of combining these two universes, but it's pretty seamless in this fic. Does Henry think that Clark has already been renewed? Will he remember or recognize him soon? And why is this only three parts?!?!

1. Even though Henry was born in London and has traveled the world, I consider him a New Yorker. Not difficult to see him on Madison Avenue.

2. After the show went off I started watching LnC again and then re-read my story Garden of Memories. Who better to discuss with Clark about a long life (especially one well lived) than Henry? Will either man remember the other? We shall see.

3. Keeping it short and sweet was the best way to go. goofy

Morgana

Top Banana
Top Banana
I guess I might as well chime in. I always love Morgana's work because of the detail she draws from a scene. In this chapter you could just 'feel' Henry/Ian walking down the street on his way to Star Labs. After reading this chapter I read a chapter of a fic in another fandom by one of that fandom's better writers and I could just see when she attempted something similar (a comment about a lady's hair) and it was just weak in comparison.

Bravo and glad you are back!

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
clap You and NK should get together and write more Forever crossovers. She binge watched it and her muse went crazy. lol

I had to rewatch this one on CW Seed before I could picture the characters on this one. It's been a few years. Totally agree! Underrated show. It's a shame ABC couldn't continue it...yet they continue to put out other shows with very little promise and original thought. wallbash

Jumping off my soapbox now...

I love how you've started this out and am interested to see how you tie these two universes together. dance Looking forward to your next part.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
MikeM

I guess I might as well chime in. I always love Morgana's work because of the detail she draws from a scene. In this chapter you could just 'feel' Henry/Ian walking down the street on his way to Star Labs. After reading this chapter I read a chapter of a fic in another fandom by one of that fandom's better writers and I could just see when she attempted something similar (a comment about a lady's hair) and it was just weak in comparison.

Bravo and glad you are back!

That walk Henry took will be mirrored in Part 2 which I need to send to you ASAP. It was taken from memories of my own walks through New York City streets during snowfalls. They were brisk, chilly and the air braced a body for a hot cup of tea or chocolate. Honestly there is nothing like it! thumbsup

Oh my, this brief description was as better than the other writer?Thanks Mike for the warm praise! Hopefully I can keep up the good work!

Yes, it is so good to be back!

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
FoLC4evernaday

You and NK should get together and write more Forever crossovers. She binge watched it and her muse went crazy. lol

I had to rewatch this one on CW Seed before I could picture the characters on this one. It's been a few years. Totally agree! Underrated show. It's a shame ABC couldn't continue it...yet they continue to put out other shows with very little promise and original thought. wallbash

Jumping off my soapbox now...

I love how you've started this out and am interested to see how you tie these two universes together. dance Looking forward to your next part.

Sorry for not making this answer sooner, but as usual RL make a bigger demand for my time. The Forever universe was fun to watch and writing Henry has been a little different from the characters of Lois and Clark. The show was a treat and it still amazing me that dreck with wafer thin characters are still around ...yeah, let me get off my soapbox as well!

NK is really into Forever? Hmmm...

Anyhow, I am writing as fast as I can to get Part Two up! Had to make some revisions and then off it goes to my beta!

So glad you like the story!

Morgana

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I have not watched Forever, but you have such a talent to describe characters that I feel like I know them. You know how I admire your ability to write with so much details and perfect descriptions. Curious to know what happened to Clark. Garden of Memories deserves a sequel and I'm glad that you are writing it. Looking forward to the next part.

Andreia smile1

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Columnist
Columnist
I finally read this. I meant to do it when it was first posted, but I had to rewatch Forever. I had heard of the show and only watched an episode here and there. I binged watched the first 6 episodes and plan to finish the season soon.

I love how you describe the characters, the scenery, and emotions. I am looking forward to Henry realizing that it is Clark in front of him and where you take this.

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
UltraWoman

I have not watched Forever, but you have such a talent to describe characters that I feel like I know them. You know how I admire your ability to write with so much details and perfect descriptions. Curious to know what happened to Clark. Garden of Memories deserves a sequel and I'm glad that you are writing it. Looking forward to the next part.

Andreia smile1

Awesome to see your name on the boards again! party

Yes, this is a sequel to Garden of Memories, we now get to see Lois and Clark as young people again. But seriously, this would not be Lois and Clark without a little mystery and touch of romance!

Forever was an excellent show. So nice to know that this story is encouraging folks to check it out.

So sorry the next part is taking longer than expected, RL has been giving me fits, but I promise this will be up sooner rather than later. Bobbart and Beverly deserve to read a fun story especially during this difficult time they are going through.

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
CarrieRene

I finally read this. I meant to do it when it was first posted, but I had to rewatch Forever. I had heard of the show and only watched an episode here and there. I binged watched the first 6 episodes and plan to finish the season soon.

I love how you describe the characters, the scenery, and emotions. I am looking forward to Henry realizing that it is Clark in front of him and where you take this.

Sorry for not answering this sooner! sad Yay! Another person who really appreciated Forever. Looking at what's still on TV it amazes me that this particular show with its unique mixture of romance and mystery did not survive. Hope you enjoyed the final episode, it was a doozy!

Working as fast as possible to finish this up and post the next part. Henry and Clark will have an very interesting conversation ...

Thanks for reading and definitely for reviewing!

Morgana

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard