Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#277255 10/11/17 05:11 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Another fic idea! I haven't been able to make this one work, so tossing it out here to the masses.

In Pheromone, My Lovely, when Nigel questions Lex about his behavior, he responds by saying this in a clipped, almost route sounding tone:
I never drink alone, I'm never drunk, I'm always centered.

Those are the words of someone who truly *knows* what alcoholism is. The phrasing of this one has always stood out to me. It's a great little hint of color in his background that I don't think the show addresses much more than that-- which is beautiful and subtle on its own. But I'd love to see a fic that would explore it more. Is it a problem Lex once dealt with himself? Is it more a reference to his father? Even just a short little introspective piece into the reference would be great. Probably a bit of a downer, but I'd enjoy it. smile

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooooh, I never thought about that! Could be interesting. smile

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Isn't drinking (well, with his dog) when he's doing that monologue at the end of... I want to say Smart Kids? Liar, Liar, Lex. Or would he not count that as alone. Actually, now that I think about it, don't we see him drinking alone on several occasions?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Sounds like he follows his rules about as well as Lois follows hers...

Joy,
Lynn

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A lapse back into drinking too much actually could explain how his plans start going badly after years/decades of success.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard