Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, we didn't quite land in Metropolis... laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Dagnabit! You got me. Gotham? Didn't see that one coming by a longshot. wallbash

Great chapter, again, as always. The whole passage about Clark on his own really cut me deep. Very powerful descriptions, even just about him being excited to find the abandoned cabin mecry His realization too that he's no longer a danger to people was both heartbreaking and heartwarming. Poor Clark not even realizing he thought he was a danger to humanity.

Now, on to the juicy bit... Who is this inquisitive stranger? I suppose it could be Bruce, I don't know the age differences between them. Maybe it's Thomas Wayne, if Bruce is younger. Or *shudders* it couldn't possibly be Lex, could it? That would be... diabolical. Or fabulous. angel-devil

Either way I'm excited for more.

P.S. the detail about the craft store really sank the realism in for me as well... since I work for Michaels... and I've done that. goofy

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
That was a really long camping trip. It's nice that he had a little shelter for the winter portion of his camping adventure.

Thinking about his former home made me feel for all the people left behind who don't know what happened to him. frown

Now that he has found a place to stay for a while I'm interested to see what he'll do.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Mouserocks
Dagnabit! You got me. Gotham? Didn't see that one coming by a longshot. wallbash

Great chapter, again, as always. The whole passage about Clark on his own really cut me deep. Very powerful descriptions, even just about him being excited to find the abandoned cabin mecry His realization too that he's no longer a danger to people was both heartbreaking and heartwarming. Poor Clark not even realizing he thought he was a danger to humanity.

Now, on to the juicy bit... Who is this inquisitive stranger? I suppose it could be Bruce, I don't know the age differences between them. Maybe it's Thomas Wayne, if Bruce is younger. Or *shudders* it couldn't possibly be Lex, could it? That would be... diabolical. Or fabulous. angel-devil

Either way I'm excited for more.

P.S. the detail about the craft store really sank the realism in for me as well... since I work for Michaels... and I've done that. goofy

rotflol clap Glad I could pull a surprise twist! You know my muse, she likes to do what she can to surprise people. Hopefully, the rest of what's to come can do the same. wink

Glad you liked the descriptions. For some reason, I felt this powerful urge to have Clark living alone in a rotting, desolate cabin in the middle of the snowy woods when I decided to write this story. No idea why, but my muse wouldn't let go of the image. So I'm glad to see that it worked well for you.

And I love that the craft store struck a chord with you. Again, no real reason for the idea, just a trip to my local Michaels around the time I was giving Clark odd jobs! (PS, this is making me want to go again and I was just there last week!)

The stranger will be revealed soon! I kind of love the awful idea of Luthor, BTW! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lady Loisette
That was a really long camping trip. It's nice that he had a little shelter for the winter portion of his camping adventure.

Thinking about his former home made me feel for all the people left behind who don't know what happened to him. frown

Now that he has found a place to stay for a while I'm interested to see what he'll do.

Long camping trip and it's technically not over yet, since he still doesn't have a home. Poor Clark. frown Living in homeless shelters is rough, and it's still going to get worse for him.

Thanks for reading! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Columnist
Columnist
Wow, like someone else said I wasn't expecting Gotham either. So alone he is (in my best Yoda voice). Can't wait for more of your wonderful story.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by CarrieRene
Wow, like someone else said I wasn't expecting Gotham either. So alone he is (in my best Yoda voice). Can't wait for more of your wonderful story.

Yay! Glad I could surprise you! Hope you like the other unexpected plot twits too! More to come this weekend!

Thanks for reading. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I can finally say it! Young Clark Kent in Gotham! What will happen? How does the man of steel find his way in the city of darkness? Only time will tell.

Beautiful part as always Vicki. Great work on describing Clark's emptiness as he finds shelter and discovers how to control his powers. thumbsup

LOL at Mouse's comment. That could take an interesting twist if it was Lex Luthor! Can you imagine? What would he be doing in Gotham? How would the rivalry change? Now that I've officially stirred up plot bunnies I'm going to run away now... rotflol peep

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
I can finally say it! Young Clark Kent in Gotham! What will happen? How does the man of steel find his way in the city of darkness? Only time will tell.

Beautiful part as always Vicki. Great work on describing Clark's emptiness as he finds shelter and discovers how to control his powers. thumbsup

LOL at Mouse's comment. That could take an interesting twist if it was Lex Luthor! Can you imagine? What would he be doing in Gotham? How would the rivalry change? Now that I've officially stirred up plot bunnies I'm going to run away now... rotflol peep

What will happen? Um...lots! laugh

Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you're enjoying the story. My muse refused to let me write anything else until I did this one.

I'll admit - linking up with Lex is delightfully evil. Lex would, for sure, try to warp Clark's powers for his own gain. Also, how awkward when/if they both want Lois! Yikes!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I am torn. It somehow seems to go up at least a little bit for Clark but I don't think that your Muse will be letting him off the hook just yet.

Hopefully he will at least get a better home soon.

Kathryn

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard