Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Link to Anecdote

One of the Sub-sites on notalwaysright.com, titled Not Always Romantic, had an anecdote about a girl not recognizing her own boyfriend because he suddenly wore glasses one day. Cue the Lois Lane jokes in the comments. wink

I think it might possibly make for a good fic challenge somehow, what say you? At the very least, it's kinda funny. smile

~•~
Top Banana
Top Banana
LOL! As a glasses wearer, I've actually had to deal with this. I participate in the Ramona Outdoor Play in Hemet each year, and I can't wear my glasses because they're too modern (the play is set in the 1850s). One day, a coworker brought me a copy of the newspaper that had a picture of a scene I was in and asked me which one I was. When I pointed myself out, he said he didn't recognize me without my glasses. laugh

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Kerth
Kerth
lol I think it'd be funny to see this in a fic but in reverse... Lois does see Clark without his glasses in regular clothes but is just so put off by his different appearance she actually *doesn't* connect that he's Superman.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Or, for a twist... Lois gets glasses and no one at the Planet recognizes her.

Columnist
Columnist
I have been introducing my 12 year old niece to Lois and Clark the past few months and even introduced her to the CW version of Supergirl. She always asks me how does a pair of glasses make such a big difference that no one recognizes that the Clark and Superman are the same person.

My 11 year old daughter, my husband, and I all wear glasses and we had to tell our niece that you can look so different without your glasses. When I went to contacts for a couple of years I looked so different and sometimes depending on the glasses your eyes can shine through more.

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I don't know about you guys, but everyone looks pretty unrecognizable when I take my glasses off.

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Or, for a twist... Lois gets glasses and no one at the Planet recognizes her.
I really like this idea. It can lead to a discussion of how people look different with and without glasses, and then someone swipes Clark's to prove the point.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
someone swipes Clark's to prove the point.
rotflol

I love it!

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  bakasi, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard