Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
“Come on, smile, Mayson. We finally caught one of them.” Wolf nudged her.

“Yes, and there are two more at large–No thanks to your team dropping the ball.” Mayson threw a pointed look at Wolf.

“They blew the tires out. What did you want them to do? Ride on the rims?” Wolf asked with a smirk.

“Whatever,” Mayson shrugged, looking around at the scene, “So, what happened here?”

Mayson needs to back off. That can be cured if she rode around with a S.W.A.T. team for a week or two.

“All I know is our producer got a call to have someone down here in five minutes.” Tom rolled his eyes as the police chief straightened his jacket for the cameras. “Ever notice how this guy’s always taking the credit for everyone else’s work? I heard Superman stopped one of these gangster copycats. Watch him try and take credit for that one.”

LOL! Not unless the chief has a bullet proof vest!

“But…” Lois began to argue but stopped herself. Seeing the expression on Perry’s face, she knew he meant business. “We’ll get right on that.”

“Good.” Perry nodded, “Get to work. The sooner we bag these lunatics, the better.”

Lois exchanged a look with Clark before following him out of Perry’s office. “Well, there goes our evening plans.”

“Sorry.” Clark gave her a weak smile. “I could still fly there and pick up some takeout from Heraklion, but it kinda loses the date feel by mixing dinner with …. research.” he gave a roll of the eyes on the last part of his statement, turning to open the door to the conference room for her.

Lois followed him inside, “Well, maybe once we bag these nutcases you can make it up to me.”

“Count on it.” He grinned at her.

HeHe! rotflol You gotta love how these two try to sneak romance in with work. So much for trying to keep their relationship under cover. Especially with Jimmy and Perry around!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Columnist
Columnist
That Mayson can take a flying leap... oops. Sorry, she needed to get a hit long ago. I'm glad Lois was able to get her feelings out about Mayson and how Clark can always tell when Lois has something on her mind.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Morgana
“Come on, smile, Mayson. We finally caught one of them.” Wolf nudged her.

“Yes, and there are two more at large–No thanks to your team dropping the ball.” Mayson threw a pointed look at Wolf.

“They blew the tires out. What did you want them to do? Ride on the rims?” Wolf asked with a smirk.

“Whatever,” Mayson shrugged, looking around at the scene, “So, what happened here?”

Mayson needs to back off. That can be cured if she rode around with a S.W.A.T. team for a week or two.

“All I know is our producer got a call to have someone down here in five minutes.” Tom rolled his eyes as the police chief straightened his jacket for the cameras. “Ever notice how this guy’s always taking the credit for everyone else’s work? I heard Superman stopped one of these gangster copycats. Watch him try and take credit for that one.”

LOL! Not unless the chief has a bullet proof vest!

“But…” Lois began to argue but stopped herself. Seeing the expression on Perry’s face, she knew he meant business. “We’ll get right on that.”

“Good.” Perry nodded, “Get to work. The sooner we bag these lunatics, the better.”

Lois exchanged a look with Clark before following him out of Perry’s office. “Well, there goes our evening plans.”

“Sorry.” Clark gave her a weak smile. “I could still fly there and pick up some takeout from Heraklion, but it kinda loses the date feel by mixing dinner with …. research.” he gave a roll of the eyes on the last part of his statement, turning to open the door to the conference room for her.

Lois followed him inside, “Well, maybe once we bag these nutcases you can make it up to me.”

“Count on it.” He grinned at her.

HeHe! rotflol You gotta love how these two try to sneak romance in with work. So much for trying to keep their relationship under cover. Especially with Jimmy and Perry around!

Hi Morgana! wave

Yeah, Mayson is a bit on the edgy side. She's got a chip on her shoulder the size of Mt Everest.

Hehe, yes Tom is pretty observant of who's doing what.

Ah, yes, the sneaking around and trying to keep their relationship under wraps with Perry White and Jimmy around is proving fruitless, isn't it?

Work? You want us to work? rotflol dizzy

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by CarrieRene
That Mayson can take a flying leap... oops. Sorry, she needed to get a hit long ago. I'm glad Lois was able to get her feelings out about Mayson and how Clark can always tell when Lois has something on her mind.

Clark is very observant. He spent a lot of time becoming fluent in Lois Lane. smile1

Mayson does have a reason to be upset -- (ie: she thinks Clark just walked off and left her with no explanation)--but yeah, she's being a bit of an annoying twat right now. At least that's how she's supposed to come across. devilsplat

Lois needed to get her feelings about Mayson off her chest and Clark as always finds a way to make her insecurities disappear. love

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The plot thickens! And, so far, Clark has managed not to get shot. I'm guessing he won't be, with only one part left.

I like the subtle changes you made to the Perry and Hamilton stuff. Good stuff!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Columnist
Columnist
Yay a new Rules chapter. Glad Clark read those notes because I think it is going to come in handy later.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
“No?” Mayson shot back. “How about him agreeing to have lunch with me and then bolting with no explanation other than ‘I can’t do this’ before we’ve even been seated? He left me standing there like an idiot. Then all weekend I waited to hear something…anything. You know what I got? Nothing. No explanation. No apology.” Mayson said angrily. “Then I come here to confront him and clear the air after seeing him at the press conference and you send him for takeout.”

Mayson, it is pretty obvious that even with him walking out on a lunch date, Clark Kent has no interest in you. Might I suggest looking elsewhere? Unfortunately, this ship has most definitely sailed ...

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
The plot thickens! And, so far, Clark has managed not to get shot. I'm guessing he won't be, with only one part left.

I like the subtle changes you made to the Perry and Hamilton stuff. Good stuff!

Haha! Thanks Vicki. Yes, Clark has not gotten shot. Amazing how different things can go when people are communicating, huh?

Glad you liked the changes. Thanks for your help on this one. You're a rockstar! dance cool

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by CarrieRene
Yay a new Rules chapter. Glad Clark read those notes because I think it is going to come in handy later.

There is a reason for Clark reading the notes but it won't come into play in this story but in the Rules Series.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Morgana
“No?” Mayson shot back. “How about him agreeing to have lunch with me and then bolting with no explanation other than ‘I can’t do this’ before we’ve even been seated? He left me standing there like an idiot. Then all weekend I waited to hear something…anything. You know what I got? Nothing. No explanation. No apology.” Mayson said angrily. “Then I come here to confront him and clear the air after seeing him at the press conference and you send him for takeout.”

Mayson, it is pretty obvious that even with him walking out on a lunch date, Clark Kent has no interest in you. Might I suggest looking elsewhere? Unfortunately, this ship has most definitely sailed ...

Hah! Yeah, she's not putting two and two together very well is she?

cat

Thanks for commenting everyone. The final part to Rules of Trust is up. Hope everyone enjoys.

Rules of Battle will be coming in November.

[Linked Image]

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Rules of Trust Part 7

“Are you sure this is the right place?” Clark asked, watching from around the corner as a limo pulled up to a tall brick building with no signage outside. The tall metal door was sealed tightly as two couples dressed to the nine approached.

‘The fat lady sings’ he overheard the man say to the doorman. The door opened.

“Pretty classy crowd for an illegal gaming club,” Lois commented.

“Isn’t that Congressman Haines and his wife?” Clark asked.

“Nice to know how our taxes are being spent,” Lois commented with a wry smile. “Any idea how we break into this place?”

When I first read this I wanted to groan, 'Not again!' But was happily surprised that it was the COMPLETE opposite of what I expected. Clark did not get shot. They were in the middle of a sting operation and Lois was the one who nearly got shot. Detective Wolf showed up at just the right time to divert Mayson from chasing after Clark.

Okay, why would Mayson leave in the middle of arresting bad guys to chase after a man? Seems to me she would not have reached such a level in the department by doing that. Just a thought.

She unlocked the door and swung it open, “Mayson?”

“Lois?” Mayson echoed in surprise, peering past Lois to see into the apartment. “Wha-What are you doing here?”

“Well, I…” she began to explain and caught herself. Why did she have to explain anything to Mayson? She was the one that had shown up unannounced at Clark’s apartment. What was she doing there? “I don’t think that’s any of your business.” She crossed her arms over her chest.

“I need to talk to Clark. Is he home?” Mayson asked, pushing her way past Lois and taking a step into the apartment.

Clark stood on the other side of the room, buttoning his shirt back up from their heated embrace earlier as he jotted down notes on a notepad, still talking to Jimmy. Mayson threw Lois a look as she tapped her foot on the wood floor.

Mayson! Grow up. When you come to a man's apartment and he is there with another woman and he's buttoning his shirt that's a clear indication he's taken. Glad to know Clark had placed a phone message with her, apologizing for leaving in the middle of lunch. Wow! Imagine all the grief and embarrassment she could have save herself! dizzy

Morgana

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard