Next Thread
Print Thread
#277072 09/25/17 09:38 AM
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
Just signed up at Stargate Command and been re-watched the old stuff. anyone also over there or at least a fan of SG-1? I'm going through an ep-a day rewatch.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Yep. Got the DVDs. SG1, Atlantis, Universe and the movies. We have watched through them but occasionally we just go for favorites.

SG1 had a long run, but the other two were cancelled before their time.

Shallowford
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Have the original on DVD, watched most of Atlantis, watched the first episode of Universe and decided I didn't care if they lived might prefer them dead and stopped watching.

Ran a Stargate 1929 rpg campaign.

If you want I can dig out fanfic refs for ones I liked.

C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
Absolutely!

I just finished Torment of Tantalus and Hathor (I'm only doing one a day to Torment was a rewatch today) and they both got me thinking about future episodes and seasons. In "Hathor" the website Sam found suggested that all the goddesses related to fertility in the Egypt/Mid-East/Grecco-Roman area were all the same. That was definitely not true considering Vala was Qetesh, the Egyptian/Sumerian origin and the goddess of fertility, sexual pleasure and sacred ecstasy. My best guess is Hathor is the queen mother of Qetesh.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Excellent Hathor fic although not canon with the later Hathor episode. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10521872/1/Andromeda-Unchained

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Annerb on fanfiction.net has a number of good ones https://www.fanfiction.net/u/763509/Annerb

A series that deals with miniJack in a more realistic manner then many http://wintersong0.tripod.com/jinxingfate/stargate.htm
In the second of the series they get involved in normal high school activities like cheer, football, chess club.
Teal'c, Carter and O'Neill respectively

Last edited by dcarson; 10/04/17 06:22 PM.
S
Blogger
Blogger
S
I've only seen every episode of every Stargate show so yeah, you could say I'm a fan. I was so bummed out when they canceled Universe, the show was getting really good towards the end of season 2.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I just introduced Stargate to my son last night (it's on STARS). He liked it. My hubby said he thought it was much worse when he saw it the first time (something about not liking the ending). In other words, he liked it MORE on re-viewing. I recalled that I LOVED it on first viewing and still liked it this go around. I don't think I've seen it since it was originally in theaters.

Refresh my memory, wasn't there a sequel or am I thinking of the television show? I think I've only watched a couple of episodes (season 1 when they originally aired), so I'm a bit rusty. I wanted to show it to my son before introducing him to the TV show if there is? Was there more than one version of the TV show too? (Stargate and Stargate SG-1)

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
There was only one movie released in theaters, though there are almost as many "Cuts" of it as Blade Runner so the confusion isn't surprising. There were several SG1 double-length episodes/made for TV movies that have key plot material. (Children of the Gods, Continuum and Ark of Truth)

Stargate: Atlantis's run overlaps with SG1, starting in season 8. There is crossover between the two shows that moves both storylines along, but each is watchable on its own.

Stargate: Universe takes place after the SG1 run.

This link has a more complete synopsis of the series.
www.gateworld.net/news/2009/05/stargate-recommended-viewing-order/

Shallowford

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard