Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks in advance, for sticking with the story!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I like Clark's new friend Chen. And now I wish I had some chocolate chip cookies. goofy

What a nice gift Grandma Tildy gave to Clark.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lady Loisette
I like Clark's new friend Chen. And now I wish I had some chocolate chip cookies. goofy

What a nice gift Grandma Tildy gave to Clark.

Thanks! I stole Chen from Chi of Steel. I figured this was a more believable way for them to know each other, instead of having the "same eye doctor." :P

Grandma just changed Clark's whole life, didn't she? smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Columnist
Columnist
Grandma Tildy introduced him to journalism. I love it. Chen, I really like him. Now I know where that name came from (read that post above).

Loving this story.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Woohoo! It's up! Great job as always Vicki.

party

Okay, I'm not saying too much because I don't want to hint at anything, but I love how you've created these wonderful original characters in this world. An incredible heart-wrenching backstory for them all and a safe place for Clark to help discover the strength inside him he doesn't yet know he possesses. Beautifully done.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by CarrieRene
Grandma Tildy introduced him to journalism. I love it. Chen, I really like him. Now I know where that name came from (read that post above).

Loving this story.

I'm actually always wanted to explore Chen a little more in a fic. This gave me a chance to at least use him a bit, when I thought about who Clark might meet at the halfway house. And I liked the idea of an outside influence on Clark discovering his knack for journalism. It was a fun twist. smile

Glad you like the story!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
Woohoo! It's up! Great job as always Vicki.

party

Okay, I'm not saying too much because I don't want to hint at anything, but I love how you've created these wonderful original characters in this world. An incredible heart-wrenching backstory for them all and a safe place for Clark to help discover the strength inside him he doesn't yet know he possesses. Beautifully done.

Awww, thanks! blush

Glad you like the characters. Grandma was particularly fun to create. And it was really fun to get to play around with Chen. We got so little of him in the show that it was nice to explore a new friendship and backstory for him.

More to come next weekend! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

E
Blogger
Blogger
E
I am loving the story so far. I’ve been rereading older stories in the archives for a while but have been craving a dose of healthy, unexpected angst. I checked the threads and I see this new story and within a few minutes of reading the first chapter, I was in tears. I’m excited to see the journey this story takes and will be right here eagerly awaiting new chapters.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Eclectic
I am loving the story so far. I’ve been rereading older stories in the archives for a while but have been craving a dose of healthy, unexpected angst. I checked the threads and I see this new story and within a few minutes of reading the first chapter, I was in tears. I’m excited to see the journey this story takes and will be right here eagerly awaiting new chapters.

Thank you! Glad you like it so far. I do tend to put poor (usually) Clark through the wringer. Not all the time of course, but...my muse can be mean to him. She certainly was in chapter one of this story, at any rate.

Hope you enjoy what's in store.

And enjoy the archive! There's some really great stuff in there, no matter what you're craving. We're a lucky fandom to have so many great writers!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
Woo-hoo! New fic from DC! clap

I'm loving it so far. Poor little Clark, losing both parents like that. Love the inclusion of Chen-- I love it when random side characters can be reworked into a fic. He seems like he's going to be a great lifelong friend to Clark. I'm curious to know if you're going to stick with Clark growing up or jump forward in time... 14 doesn't seem like enough chapters for so much happening!! Love that you landed Clark somewhere safe though, and looking forward to the next chapter as always. clap

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Mouserocks
Woo-hoo! New fic from DC! clap

I'm loving it so far. Poor little Clark, losing both parents like that. Love the inclusion of Chen-- I love it when random side characters can be reworked into a fic. He seems like he's going to be a great lifelong friend to Clark. I'm curious to know if you're going to stick with Clark growing up or jump forward in time... 14 doesn't seem like enough chapters for so much happening!! Love that you landed Clark somewhere safe though, and looking forward to the next chapter as always. clap

Woo-hoo! Mouse feedback! smile

Glad you like it so far. I think it's always fun to throw in nods to the show - little details or obscure characters that show up in a fic. Chen is exactly the kind of friend Clark needs right now and a great way for Clark to feel a certain amount of normalcy returning.

You're right on one thing - 14 chapters is NOT enough chapters to get everything in. So this is the first of a series. I'm not done with the series yet, but aiming for a trilogy. I've got a good portion of the next fic in the series on paper. And it's not enough to accomplish everything I want still. goofy

Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
You're right on one thing - 14 chapters is NOT enough chapters to get everything in. So this is the first of a series. I'm not done with the series yet, but aiming for a trilogy. I've got a good portion of the next fic in the series on paper. And it's not enough to accomplish everything I want still.
dance That is the best answer I could have hoped for! clap I am even more excited now for more! Looking forward to when/how Lois can enter the picture too.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Mouserocks
You're right on one thing - 14 chapters is NOT enough chapters to get everything in. So this is the first of a series. I'm not done with the series yet, but aiming for a trilogy. I've got a good portion of the next fic in the series on paper. And it's not enough to accomplish everything I want still.
dance That is the best answer I could have hoped for! clap I am even more excited now for more! Looking forward to when/how Lois can enter the picture too.

Hahaha! Glad to make you happy! Lois will be around...eventually. I have other things planned for poor Clark first. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Grandma Tildy is way cool giving Clark a journal to write in every day. She is amazing and so is Chen!

D.C., please don't drop the bottom out on us, let Chen live.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
Grandma Tildy is way cool giving Clark a journal to write in every day. She is amazing and so is Chen!

D.C., please don't drop the bottom out on us, let Chen live.

rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

Okay, I won't kill Chen in this fic. Probably not at all in the series. But...no promises, since I'm not done writing, and Lord only knows what my muse will do.

Grandma and Chen are both pretty cool. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Grandma Tildy is so sweet and looks like Clark made a great friend in Chen. Im really enjoying this story.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by jackiek
Grandma Tildy is so sweet and looks like Clark made a great friend in Chen. Im really enjoying this story.

So glad! Thanks for reading! Love Grandma - she's a wonderful old lady. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Aww,so sweet of Grandma to get such a nice gift to Clark. I just hope that things are finally getting better for Clark, he deserves it.

I really like how you use Chen here, he is pretty important for Clark and I love how you have Clark being an important part of Chen's life as well!

Great story!

Kathryn

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard