Author's note: This is ridiculously short (as that's all my muse will give me lately), in Lois's POV, and set during Whine Whine Whine.

Disclaimer: All recognisable characters, plot lines etc are property of DC Comics, Warner Bros., and December 3rd Productions. I own nothing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again, he's nowhere to be found.

When you're talking about Clark Kent, this isn't unusual. I should be angry, but I'm not.

I'm tired.

Tired of the absences, of the poorly constructed excuses, of the disappearances. Tired of not knowing if he'll make it through this conversation, this kiss, this date. Tired of never knowing where he is or what's going on. Tired of this ridiculous dance we're doing around each other.

I want him to be there- not just in body, but in spirit as well. I want him to commit to this relationship.

I realised today that I want him- expect him- to do something I haven't done.

How can I expect him to commit to me and me alone when I'm dating more than one man at a time? Clark, Dan, Superman… I’ve been hedging my bets when I've known all along who I want to be with. I've known that I'm in love with Clark since our encounter with Dillinger.

I told Superman that there's someone else. It's time to do the same with Dan. Then I can go to Clark and try to repair the damage to our relationship.

I just hope it's not too late.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg