Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi, sorry for being so late (RL and health issues have been troublesome), but I just gave a little something. Hoping this will help,
Millefeuilles

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hello Millefeuilles,

Thanks for the donation, and I hope your health is better now.

Joy,
Lynn

Boards Chief Administrator
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
That's awesome Kathy!!! I'm just now seeing this and I want to thank everyone for being so generous. It's nice to see this community continue to grow. Heck, it's been over 20 years and counting! It's really hard to believe sometimes.

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
It's quite amazing smile. Can't believe sometimes that it's been off the air as long as it has. All of the amazing stories and fans of the show--they definitely keep L&C feeling quite current and new notworthy.

Thrilled that funding went so well,
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
FoLCs are awesome!

wave Michael, who has RL all over him like Clark had Lois on Revenge. Only not in such an...interesting way dizzy

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
LOL! rotflol

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That is good to hear. It's especially amazing, I think, because we were never a huge fandom to begin with. We never commanded the numbers that X Files or any of the Trek franchise shows had. And, yet, here we all are, having quietly enjoyed the show and the fandom all these years and still here.

Here's to the next 20 years. And beyond. wink smile1 party

LabRat smile

Kerth
Kerth
I can't remember if I've donated this time around - can you check somehow?

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Merriwether
Merriwether
Hi Marcus. Sorry for the delay in responding; just saw this today. Yes, you did contribute this year ... and hopefully you received a thank you email. If I missed sending you one, I greatly apologize. smile (My records say I sent you one, but sometimes those little buggers get lost in cyberspace. Maybe Jaxon is still out there messing with L&C. ;))

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I am late to the party, as usual these days, but I just donated a little something. I haven't participated much in several years but this community is still important to me and it warms my heart that it is still ongoing!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'll agree with Mrs. Mosley! I'm late to the party, too, but these boards will always hold a special place in my heart, just as the show does. I'm trying to be a little bit more active because I miss the community around here!

Thanks to Kathy for keeping the funds and to Annette for giving us to place to come home to wink

Tracey smile

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Many thanks to everyone who has contributed and helped keep my addiction alive. notworthy

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Originally Posted by KathyB
Hi Marcus. Sorry for the delay in responding; just saw this today. Yes, you did contribute this year ... and hopefully you received a thank you email. If I missed sending you one, I greatly apologize. smile (My records say I sent you one, but sometimes those little buggers get lost in cyberspace. Maybe Jaxon is still out there messing with L&C. ;))

You probably did, I'm not the most organized person in the world - thanks for confirming.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Quick question. Are we up-to-date with the funds?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Morgana, I'm not sure what you mean by "up to date with the funds". Can you clarify? I believe I've sent out thank you emails to everyone who has contributed so far, and the last donation I received/acknowledged was in mid-July. So I *think* I'm up to date with everything I've received, but if you are missing a confirmation, please let me know and I'll check into it. smile

(And a private message is probably the fastest way to reach me, since I don't check the site as frequently as I used to. :))

Last edited by KathyB; 09/03/17 09:50 PM.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I wondered if Morgana wanted to know if the fundraising target had been reached yet? Could be wrong, mind you.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Merriwether
Merriwether
Yup, we PM'ed, and she wanted to know if we were still accepting donations. The answer is always yes. smile Now that the fandom is smaller, we didn't have a "target" number in mind, as much "help us keep the boards running as long as possible." We've raised enough so far to support the boards for about three more years at this point, so we won't need to ask again for awhile. But the need is ongoing, and the fandom ever-changing, so we will never turn help away. smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard