Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Decided to post a little early. Enjoy!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Really love how you've got Clark's emotions coming through with the repetition blended with the fear of the new developing powers. So sad for Clark but beautifully done. Great job, Vicki. smile

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
Really love how you've got Clark's emotions coming through with the repetition blended with the fear of the new developing powers. So sad for Clark but beautifully done. Great job, Vicki. smile

Thanks, Val. smile Poor Clark is going through the emotional ringer right off the bat in this fic. I liked doing the repetition. It's probably close to what I might think, if I were in his shoes. It's an unfair situation, and he knows it, even if lie doesn't really work on a "fair" and "unfair" basis.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Well done, I liked how he can intellectually appreciate the nice home for boys and agree to the rules, but still be upset by everything. That's very like real life, I think.

There was one sentence I found awkward to read, where he's thinking about his new hearing power after the wake. "Later, when things had settled down a bit and he'd the chance to think about and test out his newest power." I think maybe the 'and' shouldn't be there or maybe there was more to that sentence? I'm not sure what you intended.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Grandma Tildy shrugged. "Maybe. Maybe not. Time will tell. For me, though, I believe you're here for a reason. Maybe there's something we can learn from you. Maybe..." Her voice trailed off for a moment. "Maybe there's something you need to learn about yourself, while you're here. I know this place isn't where you really want to be. I know you'd rather be back in your own home. But maybe, in time, you'll grow to be comfortable here, if nothing else. At least, I hope you will."

Grandma Tildy is an interesting character. She is kind, loving and yet firm with this poor lost boy. Clark is very fortunate to be in this particular home. He will need all the love and understanding he can get.

Good, but sad story so far. whinging

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by PuffyTiger
Well done, I liked how he can intellectually appreciate the nice home for boys and agree to the rules, but still be upset by everything. That's very like real life, I think.

There was one sentence I found awkward to read, where he's thinking about his new hearing power after the wake. "Later, when things had settled down a bit and he'd the chance to think about and test out his newest power." I think maybe the 'and' shouldn't be there or maybe there was more to that sentence? I'm not sure what you intended.

Hi, Puffy! smile Sorry, the line that confused you should have been:

Later, when things had settled down a bit, he'd the chance to think about and test out his newest power. He supposed it should have scared him, at least a little, to find out that there was yet another way in which he was set apart from the rest of the world.

I missed taking the "and" out when I was editing that section. Thanks for catching it! I had more to it but took it out, and forget the "and" in the process.

I think Clark is good at being able to appreciate what he has, even when it's not ideal, or he's hurt or otherwise preoccupied. I think we all have moments like that.

Thanks for stopping in and reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
Grandma Tildy shrugged. "Maybe. Maybe not. Time will tell. For me, though, I believe you're here for a reason. Maybe there's something we can learn from you. Maybe..." Her voice trailed off for a moment. "Maybe there's something you need to learn about yourself, while you're here. I know this place isn't where you really want to be. I know you'd rather be back in your own home. But maybe, in time, you'll grow to be comfortable here, if nothing else. At least, I hope you will."

Grandma Tildy is an interesting character. She is kind, loving and yet firm with this poor lost boy. Clark is very fortunate to be in this particular home. He will need all the love and understanding he can get.

Good, but sad story so far. whinging

Grandma is definitely a good lady. She'll be helping Clark figure some things out. wink Definitely a no-nonsense woman, but soft and lovable too. smile

Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I like Grandma Tildy. smile

I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Columnist
Columnist
Sorry I have not been able to leave feedback earlier. I actually read this when you first posted it, but forgot to leave feedback. I also like Grandma Tildy, very interesting character. I am hoping she helps Clark.

Very sad to leave the family farm, I could not imagine leaving the only place you have ever lived. I get attached after living some place for 3 years. Very sad and great at the same time.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lady Loisette
I like Grandma Tildy. smile

I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

Thank you! I like Grandma too. Next chapter coming this weekend!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by CarrieRene
Sorry I have not been able to leave feedback earlier. I actually read this when you first posted it, but forgot to leave feedback. I also like Grandma Tildy, very interesting character. I am hoping she helps Clark.

Very sad to leave the family farm, I could not imagine leaving the only place you have ever lived. I get attached after living some place for 3 years. Very sad and great at the same time.

Hey, no problem! RL gets in the way of posting. I read a lot on my phone and sometimes forget to post the (longer) feedbacks I want to leave. (Also, I have two 4 year olds and that gets VERY distracting some days! Ha!)

Grandma will be helping Clark...at least, in one way. You'll see. wink

I'm right with you on getting attached to places. My family sold my childhood home last October and it still hurts knowing I can't go back there. And I knew it was coming. Poor Clark - everything happened so quickly!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very emotional chapter. Poor Clark, he really does not deserve to be left alone having to deal with his developing powers. I like how you picture his sadness. I can totally see how he puts on a brave face for the world to see.

Grandma Tilly seems like a nice enough woman. Perhaps he can stay with her? She seems like a great person to help him through the years to come.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by bakasi
Very emotional chapter. Poor Clark, he really does not deserve to be left alone having to deal with his developing powers. I like how you picture his sadness. I can totally see how he puts on a brave face for the world to see.

Grandma Tilly seems like a nice enough woman. Perhaps he can stay with her? She seems like a great person to help him through the years to come.

Thank you! I think Clark always, to a certain extent, puts on a brave face, especially in dealing with his developing powers, and later on in life when he adopts the Superman persona.

Clark does like Grandma already and will always himself to like her even more as time passes. More to come this weekend!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Clark even has to leave Smallville? He lost his family,his home and has to live in a new town?

I suppose it was to be expected since Smallville probably doesn't have foster homes but that makes me even more sad for him to have to leave everything he knew and loved behind without knowing if he will be able to return until he's old enough to decide for himself.

Somehow I don't think it is over yet. He still hasn't developed his vision powers and those especially might be causing trouble with a capital T before he manages to get them under control.

Kathryn

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard