Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#195822 03/29/14 05:54 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
BTW, the story John references above is RL's Double Misdirection and it does a good job cooking Lex's goose. laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#195823 03/31/14 01:02 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Sorry about not including the name in the story. I would say I is a better way to get Lex than in the story I was working on, the best is when he gets defeated when he thinks he is winning. Nothing shows his claims to being smarter than Superman false more than that.

John Pack Lambert
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I haven't finished watching the series yet in part because I'm stuck in the rut of these episodes, but knowing there's light on the horizon is comforting. lol. The last one I watched was Forget Me Not and I hate Dr. Maxwell Deter SOOOOOO much it's hard to take. But hearing from this topic that he's thwarted soon is immensely comforting and makes me want to push through again.

I could hardly believe how horrible Double Jeopardy was. It's like the show instantly degenerated into a ridiculously nonsensical and contrived soap opera. Thankfully, Seconds had some major improvements and overall was surprisingly enjoyable for me, which has a lot to do with the portrayal of Lex Luthor and the clone. I thought the way the clone was executed was really stupid in Double Jeopardy, but treated much more seriously in Seconds, in a way that was very heart-rending overall in a very good way.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I confess, I've never seen Seconds or Forget Me Not. INPY and DJ were so painful (how does Clark kiss Clois and not notice the taste o'toad??) that I cheated by peeking at the plot synopses to see where the arc ended, then jumped forward to Oedipus Wrecks.

Is it worth it to make myself actually sit through the arc?

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
Columnist
Columnist
I might be in the minority but I enjoyed some of those episodes. I think it was the angst, which I enjoy. The pain in Clark's face or the musical montage in one of those episodes (can't remember which one this early in the morning).

Think of it this way, they worked so hard to be together and everyone has obstacles, this is just one more obstacle they had to overcome. Not everyone has evil Lex Luthor's or amnesia, or doubles, but they have money, jobs, addictions, and so on. Lois and Clark came out stronger at the end for what happened.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard