Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
We're looking at trying to resurrect the Lois and Clark Episode Rewatch on the Hangouts group and wanted to find out what time works best for everyone. This would happen on Friday nights.

Vote for your preferred time or suggest a time that works best for you in the comments.

Lois and Clark Episode Watch Time
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 08/13/17 07:30 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
If my schedule permitted, I would jump at this opportunity. Unfortunately, motherhood does not permit me to commit to any set time, and rarely permits me to watch a show in one sitting.

I hope that you are still doing this (or doing this again, as the case may be) in a couple of years when I will have the time.

I hope others take you up on the offer.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., I made my comment before I voted, and then when I tried to vote (as other), it said that I had already voted, but it won't let me see the results of the poll. (I still see the "Submit Vote" button instead.) So a word of warning to anyone else who plans to vote "other": Vote first, comment later.

Apparently it took a while for the system to process my vote, because when I submitted the modified version of this post (modified to include the original "p.s."), I did indeed see the polls results. Go figure.

Last edited by Lynn S. M.; 08/13/17 09:15 PM. Reason: Added p.p.s.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
With the girls, I don't get time to myself until at least 9pm. Sometimes later, if they don't go to sleep right away. My vote is 10.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Any of the times work for me, as they all shake out to being on Saturday morning my time smile

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Beat Reporter
Online Sleepy
Beat Reporter
None of the above do really work for me, as they are all between one and four o'clock in the night.
I have to work every other saturday, so that wouldn't work for me.

Kathryn
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I won't be able to make any times, but I was thinking... Perhaps two or even three times should be chosen -- one that would be convenient for folks in North and South America, one convenient for people in Europe, Great Britain, Ireland, etc., and one for people in Australia. (Do we have anyone participating here from Africa or Asia -- or, for that matter, Antarctica, the space station, or anywhere else? If so, my apologies for not including you; I can't recall seeing any posts from any of these places in recent years.)

Joy,
Lynn

N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
It's a good suggestion Lynn, the only problem is having hosts for all the timeslots. Val was kind enough to do the poll for me, but the episode rewatch is actually my project. If we have anyone willing to volunteer to host other timeslots, they can PM me smile

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Being on the West coast of the US, 7pm ET is the closest decent time for me (as it would be around 4pm). Unfortunately, that is the time when my kids get home on the bus from school (yes, it's that time of the year again). After they're home, I don't get ME time again until usually after 9-10pm PT (which adding 3 hours for the east coast, won't work). Plus, Fridays are bad in general because it's family movie night (when we force the kids to watch classic, sometimes b&w, movies). Saturday or Sunday sometime would work better for me.

I, too, like Lynn's suggestion as having multiple times I could drop in (with my crazy schedule) works better for me, too. (And, Lynn, wouldn't it be super cool if an astronaut wanted to watch L&C with us? smile )

Last edited by VirginiaR; 08/16/17 11:52 PM. Reason: clarification

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
While I appreciate the difficulty people are going to have, the only way we will be able to do this in multiple timeslots is if people volunteer to help.

I would also like to point out that I'm a day ahead of most of you. Running it on Saturday US time (Sunday my time) means I have to give up a shift at work. Running it Sunday US time (Monday my time) is out completely for me as I have small children that have many commitments.

We are flat never going to find a time that works for everyone. That's the disadvantage of us being spread all over the world. I'm just looking for a time that suits most of us.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I think to start we should probably see how many people actually show up for whatever time slot NK picks before we try scheduling multiple viewings. Yes, it would be great if everyone could attend but as she pointed out she's only one person.

If anyone would be willing to step up and volunteer to host a rewatch viewing we could do more than one. huh

thumbsup Just my two cents on the matter.

NK,

This is your baby. You run it however you want. Just tell us when and where. smile

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Features Writer
Features Writer
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
I think to start we should probably see how many people actually show up for whatever time slot NK picks before we try scheduling multiple viewings. Yes, it would be great if everyone could attend but as she pointed out she's only one person.

If anyone would be willing to step up and volunteer to host a rewatch viewing we could do more than one. huh

thumbsup Just my two cents on the matter.

NK,

This is your baby. You run it however you want. Just tell us when and where. smile

I absolutely agree with you, Folc!

NK, Kudos on organizing this and volunteering to host a time. clap

My two cents is to pick the time that suits you best. Those of us who can attend, will. And maybe the interest will encourage one or more to volunteer as host later. wink

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi NK,

My apologies for suggestion more work. I had just been brainstorming and hadn't considered the ramifications.

As I mentioned, I wouldn't be able to make it regardless of the time; I had just thought my suggestion might prove helpful to someone else.

Joy,
Lynn

T
Blogger
Blogger
T
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
I won't be able to make any times, but I was thinking... Perhaps two or even three times should be chosen -- one that would be convenient for folks in North and South America, one convenient for people in Europe, Great Britain, Ireland, etc., and one for people in Australia. (Do we have anyone participating here from Africa or Asia -- or, for that matter, Antarctica, the space station, or anywhere else? If so, my apologies for not including you; I can't recall seeing any posts from any of these places in recent years.)

Joy,
Lynn
I completely agree with you

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard