Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
CLeuch Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
So the end there took a little bit of a left turn, but I couldn't wrap it up without giving us a glimpse into the (potential) future.

The hardest part in writing these stories anymore is giving service to all the characters. I feel like I don't do them all justice, but at least we got a glimpse into most of the Kent clan in this one. My next one (if I DO a next one) will be a family affair, and will have high stakes indeed for them, and really for Earth in general. Reading comics has given me some ideas...

So what did you think?

-Cindy

"No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awwwww! I need a hug and tear emoji laugh This was so sweet. Nicely wrapped up in a big bow! clap clap Great job!

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I love this scene with Clark thinking about his folks. Yes, the video from Laura must have been addicting to the man. How wonderful it must have felt to have his folks reach out from the past and tell him how well he's (and Lois) have done as parents. This whole scene was sweet and bittersweet at the same time. It brought tears to my eyes, missing Martha and Jonathan along with Clark. Thankfully, he has Lois to keep him on the correct path and remind him that the past needs to stay in the past.

Then, you go and do an about face, and smack us with that final CJ scene. YEOUCH! eek What a horrible event lies in Sam Wayne's possible future. I read this right before going to sleep the other night and the terrors of that possibility kept me awake. He has such a wonderful family life, I hate for it to go down the tubes (as Bruce's did) if he becomes addicted to the time-travel porthole and the Batman lifestyle. Let's hope Adam's warning from the future was enough to save him (and us) from suffering this fate. I shiver from what you have in store for us as you did say that you had plots for several more stories in this series. (My fear won't stop me from reading them though).

Just out of curiosity, was Adam Wayne named in honor of Adam West? wink

I just read Gotham Nights again last night, so now I'm out of stories in this series, so you better get back to writing! (I'll have to read some of your other stories while I wait.) I *LOVE* this SERIES! The characters are so endearing and funny. I love them, especially how Lois and Clark constantly embarrass their children with their PDA. lol Jon complaining of his lack of sleep from the twins. BTW, did Laura ever get her punch in? Or is it going to creep up on CJ when he least expects it? I'll have to re-read this story to see if it showed up here.

This family is exactly how we would've loved to see next gen of Kents turn out from the show. Thanks so much for writing them. Keep up the good work! clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
I hope that the time thing at the end was an alternate universe or something, and that his ideas fix things. Though given how time paradoxes turned out in e.g. Flash the best outcome to hope for is that there was less of a paradox than he and future Adam think - e.g., his wife would have been born anyway, for some reason to be revealed in due course.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
D
Deb Offline
Blogger
Blogger
D
Hey, Cindy,

I'll preference this by saying you know I'm one of your biggest fans... LOL (Remember LAFF?)

I waited to read this story in its entirety until it was posted to the archive because of computer problems, but was given that chance to catch up on it yesterday and it was sooo worth the wait!

And, after reading the comments from VirginiaR, I can only ask her to get out of my head (BG) - her comments are pretty much what I would have said.

I love this family and the way you have written their story. I hope your muse keeps visiting you and keeps these stories coming.

You're a great writer and hope to see more from you in the future.

Deb
P.S. To VirginiaR: CJ has a punch coming, you just don't know when... That's
the beauty of Cindys writing (apologies for my bad punctuation)
P.P.S. I've just finished watching the "Crisis on Earth-X" episodes on the CW, and I've just got to say, time travel is really difficult to write, but you've done a great job of it.

Last edited by Deb; 11/29/17 01:36 AM.

debc on IRC
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
This was just wonderful! I love how Jon’s visit to the past basically turned out to be what made Lois fall in love with the idea of having a child. How wonderful that Martha and Jonathan got to meet and get to know at least 2 of their grandchildren. Love the video they left behind for Clark. Such a sweet, beautiful story. I just loved getting to know the next generations of Kents!

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard