Print Thread
#276729 08/10/17 02:08 AM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Feedback folder.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Columnist
Columnist
Clark does keep her whole. I like it even though it is short like you said, I really liked it.

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
This is great! I can totally see Clark reflecting like this.

"Superman keeps her safe. Clark keeps her whole.

And I can't help but love that."

Love this! So true.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
She turned to me. Clark. Not Superman. When Griffin threatened to kill her, she didn’t scream ‘Help, Superman!’ She ran to Clark Kent. And it’s not the first time. Lately, when the danger is immediate and physical, she still calls for Superman. For everything else, she turns to me.

Superman keeps her safe. Clark keeps her whole.

And I can’t help but love that.

Everyone else has said it, so I will say the same. Keeping her whole is what Clark Kent does best.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Aww! I love it! Especially the end, where Clark acknowledges how she's turning to him, and not the superhero crush. It really is true, how she seeks out Clark more often than Superman. And I, like Clark, love It!

Well done piece! As always, I envy your ability to cram so much emotion onto so short a story!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Aww! I love it! Especially the end, where Clark acknowledges how she's turning to him, and not the superhero crush. It really is true, how she seeks out Clark more often than Superman. And I, like Clark, love It!

Well done piece! As always, I envy your ability to cram so much emotion onto so short a story!

DC's muse let her escape to comment Yay!! clap

Gotta echo everyone here Feli! Great job. I envy your ability to put so much emotion into short fics like this. Great job! thumbsup

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Belatedly- sorry everyone, RL took a gigantic bite this week. Sick kid, sick myself, house inspection cleaning, plus I have sewing commissions to do! (Squee!)

Carrie- thanks so much! That line just stuck itself in my head and wouldn't let go

Jackie- Thank you! I do like doing these introspective pieces. It's so much fun digging into the character's heads.

Morgana- Yes, yes it is. Superman is her physical saviour, but Clark is so much more.

DC- Hey, your muse let you out! smile Thank you blush It's weird, because as you know I'm really chatty in RL, but when it comes to getting words on 'paper', everything that comes out is short!

Folc- Thanks Val! And thank you for your incredibly quick beta skills smile

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Feli, Val - my muse didn't let me out. I chewed through the straps and escaped. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard