Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#276332 07/16/17 10:15 AM
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I read this one years ago. Clark was helped out by a mysterious madam located in Metropolis who helped her employees move on to a better life after working for her.

Arianna Carlin-Luthor was also in the fic, in the end she was fatally wounded.

Any ideas?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
Features Writer
The only one I can think of is Curiosity... The Continuing Saga by ML Thompson.

The Madam's name is Madam Benoit, and it occurs mostly during Nightfall. She helps Clark as Superman. But I don't think Arianna Carlin is in it, so you may be thinking of another.

Last edited by cuidadora; 07/16/17 02:15 PM.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks so much for the help! Continuing in that vein does anyone remember a fic where Arianna is fatally wounded near the end of the story and Clark talks with a young policeman in a restaurant afterwards? The policeman was quite shaken by the ordeal as was Clark.

Last edited by Morgana; 07/28/17 08:56 AM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Could you be thinking of Best Laid Plans by Nan Smith?

Arianna is shot in the abdomen towards the end, presumably fatally. Clark as Superman and an officer are both shaken, although it appears for different reasons. There's no restaurant scene in the archives version, but perhaps it was in the message boards or somewhere else? It was submitted in July 2000, and neither message board (this one and Zoomway's) seems to have stories that go back that far.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
WooHoo!!!

That's it! party

Morgana

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
So glad you asked about this one Morgana cause it made me read it. Thanks Cuidadora and of course Nan for writing it. Great fic!

P.S Curiosity...the continuing saga by ML is one of my all time faves as well.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Glad I could be of service Morgana & Jackie. That whole series, and actually all of Nan and ML's stories are wonderful.

Cuidadora

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard