Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I couldn't find the Comments page for this part, so I started one myself.

I'm a bit confused on how CJ's / Sam's head's up to Diane got her into an almost fire fight. I thought that she was going to confront some science professor or was he the man who died during the previous tests of the portal? How did the warehouses change into an apartment house? Who's life did Jon save or change in order for that to be a reality? Were there any other changes? I was kind of hoping that Martha and Jonathan would take better care of themselves in order to see their grandchildren as adults, but alas not. I know it has to happen to us all, but still... mecry

Wow! Jon rescued Jenny's dad and thereby Jenny's existence and CJ's future happiness. jump No wonder Jon's and Laura's heads are spinning. Too bad CJ doesn't have the power of flight. I feel as if he misses out too much, now being a Wayne. He should've been there for the luncheon with Dad and to hear about what happened in the past. What will Martha and Jonathan's video message say? Will you tell us or keep it a secret just for the Kents?

I'm so sad that this story is almost over. What will I have to do to get my Jon, Laura, and CJ/Sam fix? I'm guessing read Gotham Nights again. Sigh. The torture. wink It is a good companion piece due to the Red K. exposure.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
So, on Diane's fire fight: when Jon and Diane talk at the crime scene, she tells him how it all came about. Basically, her research on the guy that died (via a fall from a porthole that opened up several stories above the ground) showed who some of his associates were, and one happened to be the guy who Barry fingered as the mastermind of the whole scheme. With that connection and the information Barry and CJ provided on the mastermind, it was enough to get a search warrant on his place, which would've ended up as an ambush if not for Jon.

The warehouses changing to apartment houses was a function of time. It was a warehouse in 1997, but 28 years and a little bit of redevelopment turned the area into high scale condos.

I sometimes ponder how CJ must feel, being the only Kent kid without the ability to fly, but I think his personality (and intelligence) makes up for what he lacks. And even without flight, he's still plenty powerful and can do a lot with what he has.

Thank you for creating a comment section for this part. I kinda thought nobody was paying attention. I always enjoy your thoughts, Virginia, and I'm glad you liked all the other stories in the series, as well. My personal favorite is "Meet Sam Wayne," since it feels like all the kids grow up a lot in that one...but stories are like kids, in a way, so I more or less like them all equally.

-Cindy

"No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space."
Features Writer
Features Writer
I'm really enjoying this story. It was good to see Lois and Clark supporting Laura, and her fears unfounded.

I wonder if not telling Lois and Clark about Jon's disappearance and Laura's rescue was intentional to prevent a change in the timeline, or if Laura and CJ were so busy it just never occurred to them.

Love that Jon rescued Jenny's dad. Although now I wonder what happened to him in the original timeline, since he wasn't hurt.

Looking forward to more, but sad this story is almost over.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard