Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
While listening to the "Origins of Superman 1939 from Adventures of Superman Podcast" Podcast Link here, I wondered what if the Kryptonians actually HAD listened to Jor-El, had time to build space ships, and were able to come to Earth with Kal-El. (Not just Lara and/or Jor-El, but the whole population.)

How would Earth be different? How many Kryptonians would've come to Earth? How many would've stayed? Would the Kryptonians come in peace and work together with the humans?

If so, how would life/civilization on Earth be different? Would Uptopia arrive sooner? How would this change who Lois and Clark/Kal-El would grow up to be?

If not, would they have made humans their slaves? Would Lois be part of the resistance? (I totally could see Lois in the resistance.)

There are several different variations this plot can head. What if Jor-El and Lara were killed off early and Kal-El raised in secret by the Kents? Or what if his original family raised Kal-El? What if the Lane family was killed in the invasion/landing and Lois raised by a Kryptonian family (Not Jor-El and Lara, because that would be too weird.)

Of course, HOW would Lois and Clark/Kal-El meet and fall in love?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Columnist
Online Happy
Columnist
This is a good idea... it could be taken in the forbidden love theme. Almost in the Romeo and Juliet style or secret love, wrong side of the tracks type. You are right there are many ways this could go.

Kerth
Kerth
There's an Elseworlds graphic novel about this - Wikipedia says:

Superman: The Man of Steel Annual #3 - "Unforgiven" - Jor-El convinces the Science Council to relocate selected Kryptonians to Earth. Twenty years later, his son must help humans and Kryptonians live in harmony.

It's a long time since I've read it, but as I remember it the Kryptonians run earth benignly, Batman leads a resistance movement, and Lex Luthor is in charge of the police assigned to stop him. Kal-El is caught in the middle, but gradually realises what this is doing to humanity and decides to help Batman.

Review here: http://www.fanzing.com/mag/fanzing16/dcu101.shtml

There was also one where just Jor El, Lara and Kal-El reach earth, but I don't think I ever read it:

Superman: The Last Family of Krypton is a one-shot comic book, published in 2010. It depicts what could have happened if Superman's parents also arrived on Earth.

Review of it here:

http://majorspoilers.com/2010/08/04/review-superman-%E2%80%93-the-last-family-of-krypton-1-of-3/

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks, Marcus. I figured this story had been done before (because it's an obvious plot) but I didn't realize it had been done by DC Comics. I didn't quite understand Jor-El having the Kents raise his son, because Kryptonian dislike physical contact, but I guess that's kind of like hiring a nanny, so you only have to deal with the kids for 1/2 hour during tea-time (ala Downton Abbey). That sounds like an interesting comic. Sometimes, I wish that the older comics with plots I'd like to read weren't so collectible (only available in print form), so that the rest of us would be able to enjoy them as well.

I'm sure since there are many variables that could change in this plot that the L&C fanfic writers could come up with their own version, as well. smile

Thanks for the links and info.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Deadly Chakram wrote a story about Jor-El and Lara coming to Earth with baby Kal-El.

Krypton's Legacy

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally Posted by Marcus Rowland
There's an Elseworlds graphic novel about this - Wikipedia says:

There was also one where just Jor El, Lara and Kal-El reach earth, but I don't think I ever read it:

Superman: The Last Family of Krypton is a one-shot comic book, published in 2010. It depicts what could have happened if Superman's parents also arrived on Earth.

Review of it here:

http://majorspoilers.com/2010/08/04/review-superman-%E2%80%93-the-last-family-of-krypton-1-of-3/

Slight correction on the Last Family of Krypton, it was actually a three-comic story (so not exactly a one-shot). He's never shown up since, though. I actually have it at home. Lex Luthor is closer to Jor-El through much of it that he is to Kal-El. That would be kind of awkward from our end (in this story, I don't remember there being a specifically "evil" element to this Luthor compared to the Shea's).

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard