Print Thread
BJ Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Comments?

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Lois accepted another tight hug from her and then extricated her arms from Star’s grip and led her to the sofa. They sat down and Lois patted Stars hand. “I’m fine. Nothing has happened. I haven’t even been in a dangerous situation for a week.” Lois sighed. “It’s actually been a little boring.”

This made me giggle - such a Lois thing to say! If she's not dangling over the jaws of death, she's a little bored rotflol

Lois took Star’s hand and shook it gently to get her friend’s attention back to the present. “No! Absolutely not, Star. I don’t want anyone at all to know anything about my trip to the Congo or my suspicions about the Boss.”

I really like the way the story 'parts' are slowly catching up to each other. Now we're in 1993 and Lois is gearing up for that fateful trip. You've done a really nice job with all the flashbacks throughout the story. I usually am not a huge fan of them, but I think they really brought a lot to this particular story - so well done, B!

Clark pulled away from Lois and knelt down in mid air, giving her a place to sit on one knee. Lois sat down and hooked her foot around Clark’s leg while he pulled the box from his pocket. He showed her the ring box and flipped it open. It was a modest diamond ring, brilliant cut and flawless. It was dazzling and untarnished in the light, but showed signs of age in the worn band of gold.

Ooh, a mid-air proposal! Fancy, Clark. You know, just when you think everything has been done in L&C that you could possibly think of - then Lois gets a cloud proposal. I love how she thinks at first that it's all part of the charade... but then when he says he wants his wife to wear it... aww, that's so cute!

Clark immediately shook his head. “No, not the other Lois. You. The other Lois was simply a reminder of what I had lost. You and I share a connection that I will never have with another person in *any* universe. You are my Lois.”

clap Yes, yes, yes. We've been telling you all along, Clark! Glad he finally figured it out!

They didn’t return to earth for a very long time.

Haha, literally and figuratively! Enjoyed that last line.

Nope. Bachelorette party. I got your message.”

“Star, I didn’t send you a message about a bachelorette party.”

Star stood and tapped her temple with a finger as she showed her the cassette and a quart of ice cream. “Sure you did. You told me to pick up “Mission: Impossible” and some rocky road ice cream and meet you at your place at seven.” Star looked at her watch. “You’re a bit late.”

All right, just one more quote, I promise. I loved this exchange between Star and Lois about her bachelorette party. All these little callbacks to the show - whether it's dialogue or just a turn of a phrase - are so fun!

Last few parts parts coming up, right? I think this'll be a fun story to go back and read as a whole when it hits the archive. smile

Tracey smile

Kerth
Kerth
Aww! It's going to be a *real* wedding! I'm so excited! clap I wonder how Perry and Henderson et al. are going to react to that one when the sting is over

Not a whole lot of time for comments, just two little thoughts here.
Star stood and handed the bag of ice cream to Lois.
This line made me laugh unintentionally. I know what you're saying here, but the image of Lois being handed a ziploc baggie or even a grocery bag full of gooey soft serve ice cream just cracked me up. lol

“Just about. There are only a couple of things to take care of tonight and then on to ‘happily ever after.’”
I also don't recall Lois doing this. spider Am I wrong to feel very suspicious of Star here? Is it just paranoia? Is her mind being controlled, or being blackmailed? Where is the paparazzi? peep I'm probably being over concerned, and will look forward to some bachelorette party fun appearing in the next chapter.

And the last chapter!! shock Can't believe it's gone by so fast! It's been a great ride!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard