Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#276448 07/22/17 02:57 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Chapter 1 is up. This one is short (for me). Just a fun 'What if' scenario .... cat 'If Lois and Clark were written in character during Stop the Presses' what would have happened? The story's finished. thumbsup Not sure on a posting schedule yet. huh Probably will depend on how much I get harassed for the next part. hehe thumbsup

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Columnist
Columnist
Yay! Another story. I enjoyed it and too funny how they got caught in the office.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Okay, I'm intrigued... I'll admit that I haven't watched this episode in quite some time, because, as you mentioned, Lois and Clark seemed pretty out of character throughout the ep - like the writers just wanted conflict for the sake of conflict. I'm glad that you are attempting to fix that! I definitely see a more supportive Clark coming out in this first part - checking up on her when she didn't come home, helping her finish her work (not to mention the help in other ways, lol)... hope that continues! Also hope that Lois doesn't kill his story this time! I guess we'll see.

Good start!

Tracey smile

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hooray for comments!

Originally Posted by traceylynn
Okay, I'm intrigued... I'll admit that I haven't watched this episode in quite some time, because, as you mentioned, Lois and Clark seemed pretty out of character throughout the ep - like the writers just wanted conflict for the sake of conflict. I'm glad that you are attempting to fix that! I definitely see a more supportive Clark coming out in this first part - checking up on her when she didn't come home, helping her finish her work (not to mention the help in other ways, lol)... hope that continues! Also hope that Lois doesn't kill his story this time! I guess we'll see.

Good start!

Tracey smile

Hi Tracey!

Yes, that is exactly my thoughts on that whole episode. Neither one of them were acting in character. Clark wasn't being supportive. Lois wasn't trusting her *husband's* gut on something he *knows*... If Superman tells you something's up. You better listen. smirk

Well, he's not going to just stand by and watch her drown. He'll help her out where he can. Cuz you know...that's what he *does*. There was maybe one scene out of the whole episode that he did that and it got messed up with the whole I'm not working with Ralph thing... Seriously Clark? I mean, you break steel bars over your head and you can't stand to work with Ralph that bad? Give me a line I'll believe.

Not giving anything away but I'm sure you'll be pleased.

Originally Posted by CarrieRene
Yay! Another story. I enjoyed it and too funny how they got caught in the office.

Yeah, Roy knows what's up hehe

Glad you liked it. smile

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Your version of that strained episode is so much better than the original! Clark is a lot more supportive of his wife's new role and Roy saying good-night to both of them was a fun touch.

Next part?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Morgana
Your version of that strained episode is so much better than the original! Clark is a lot more supportive of his wife's new role and Roy saying good-night to both of them was a fun touch.

Next part?

Hey Morgana!

Yeah, I'm taking on the challenge of turning this into a fun ep instead of a cringeworthy ep we suffered through...

Chapter 2 is now posted. Hope you guys enjoy.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Columnist
Columnist
So much better than the original. You can tell that she is a bit upset that he isn't there during the meeting, but now she is the boss she notices it more. She hears the snide remarks.

She is the boss, and I love how Perry reminded her how rough it was for him at the beginning.

What can I say about Ralph that no one has thought of before? No one wants to work with him for a reason... loved every minute of it.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
So much better than the original. You can tell that she is a bit upset that he isn't there during the meeting, but now she is the boss she notices it more. She hears the snide remarks.

She is the boss, and I love how Perry reminded her how rough it was for him at the beginning.

What can I say about Ralph that no one has thought of before? No one wants to work with him for a reason... loved every minute of it.

Thank you! Yeah, she's not really upset with him just kinda noting mentally he isn't there. If there's one thing I've noticed it's when you're a woman and moved to a position of authority everyone has something to say about it. Good, bad, or ugly. I was very disappointed this ep didn't address that at all. Lois has gone from being everyone's colleague to being their boss. It's not something that'll be taken in stride.

Yeah I tweaked Perry's heart to heart with Lois a bit.

Ralph? Oh, Ralph will get an eye-opener soon enough.

Glad you enjoyed it. Chapter 3 is now up.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hope everyone enjoyed Chapter 3. Chapter 4 is now up. Ralph steps over the line...

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Features Writer
Features Writer
I'm catching up and really enjoying your take on this episode. I never analyzed it to see why I didn't like it, other than the Lois-as-editor's dismissive attitude towards Clark's story was reminiscent of the Pilot and early Season 1. And didn't fit into Season 4. That both of them were out of character makes the episode make more sense.

Yay! Lois unleashed Mad Dog Lane at least partially on Ralph. Wonder if he knows just how restrained she was? I can just see her thinking about doing bodily damage. And supporting Clark in his story and helping him is much more in character than the episode.
clap

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Columnist
Columnist
Love this version much more than the version on the show. They worked together, they didn't act out of character, and she put her foot down when it needed to be. Way to go. Thank you for another great story.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by cuidadora
I'm catching up and really enjoying your take on this episode. I never analyzed it to see why I didn't like it, other than the Lois-as-editor's dismissive attitude towards Clark's story was reminiscent of the Pilot and early Season 1. And didn't fit into Season 4. That both of them were out of character makes the episode make more sense.

Yay! Lois unleashed Mad Dog Lane at least partially on Ralph. Wonder if he knows just how restrained she was? I can just see her thinking about doing bodily damage. And supporting Clark in his story and helping him is much more in character than the episode.

Hi cuidadora!

Glad you found time to read this little snippet (compared to my others it is) Yeah, if you watch the episode Lois is drowning in the responsibilites and there's no sign of our usual supportive Clark trying to help her. No he can't do her job for her but little things like making sure she's eating, checking on her when she's been at the office too late, etc... those are things he can do to be supportive which didn't come across in the ep. Instead, they made it seem like he was jealous ... which didn't make sense. He wouldn't be able to be editor and be Superman, right? Where did our supportive Clark go? Why doesn't Lois trust her husband when he tells her something's up? It was just...ridiculous.

Yeah, Mad Dog Lane has been released on Ralph and probably every other staff member that dared cross her or make a dig at her husband.

Lois went from being a reporter to editor in a quick turnaround time and there was no real display of missing her old job in the show till after the fight. It was like 'I'm the boss' and it just didn't sit very well.

Love this version much more than the version on the show. They worked together, they didn't act out of character, and she put her foot down when it needed to be. Way to go. Thank you for another great story.

Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for commenting.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“You’re right in the fact that if this was Clark’s story, I wouldn’t kill it.” Ralph gave her a ‘I told you’ look until she finished her statement, “I wouldn’t kill it because I wouldn’t have to!” She snapped, smiling inwardly when she saw the dumbfounded expression on his face. “He wouldn’t be sitting here arguing with me about the story. He’d be investigating it. He wouldn’t be arguing about having copy for a story with no evidence because he wouldn’t bring me a story without having something called hard facts to back up his claims. Now, are you done throwing insults? I’ve got a paper to run here, and you have a new partner to find!”

Go get him Lois! wildguy

As far as I am concerned, the new editor is doing just fine.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I find that I, personally, have been waiting to see if a story is going to be finished, before I start to read it.

Seeing that you had a definite number of posts I went ahead and read this most amusing story. I don't think I've seen a better take on this story. Well done.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Morgana
“You’re right in the fact that if this was Clark’s story, I wouldn’t kill it.” Ralph gave her a ‘I told you’ look until she finished her statement, “I wouldn’t kill it because I wouldn’t have to!” She snapped, smiling inwardly when she saw the dumbfounded expression on his face. “He wouldn’t be sitting here arguing with me about the story. He’d be investigating it. He wouldn’t be arguing about having copy for a story with no evidence because he wouldn’t bring me a story without having something called hard facts to back up his claims. Now, are you done throwing insults? I’ve got a paper to run here, and you have a new partner to find!”

Go get him Lois! wildguy

As far as I am concerned, the new editor is doing just fine.

Haha! Yes, Lois has no problem telling Ralph where he can take his jealous remarks and shove them. razz Hope you enjoyed this story as much as I did writing it. Who knew my muse was this much of a multitasker right?

Go to research one story and wind up inspired to write another...

Originally Posted by KenJ
I find that I, personally, have been waiting to see if a story is going to be finished, before I start to read it.

Seeing that you had a definite number of posts I went ahead and read this most amusing story. I don't think I've seen a better take on this story. Well done.

Thanks Ken!

Glad you enjoyed my little rewrite! I'm trying to do a better job of guessing the chapters before I start posting.

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Everyone I beta for receives encouragement from me to complete the story before posting any chapters.

Any story I post is completed and beta read before being posted.

I will not abandon a story.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by KenJ
Everyone I beta for receives encouragement from me to complete the story before posting any chapters.

Any story I post is completed and beta read before being posted.

I will not abandon a story.

I appreciate the offer but I already have two Betas working with me. Three might be a bit much. wink Sorry for the delayed response. Today's been the first day I've felt halfway human since catching my son's LOVELY head cold. (ie: Mucinex and writing coherent sentences don't mix)

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Very nice little story - certainly much better than the original episode. I always thought the fight felt a little forced, too...I hate shows and movies that have the characters fight for the sake of fighting (we've been cruising through old Justice League cartoons on Netflix before they go away tomorrow, and, like, half of them fall in that category. They turn Superman into kind of a jerk. Also see: BvS). The evolution of the A plot was also better than the episode.

Only one note: the 4th part mentions the reporter using photos from his phone instead of Jimmy's pictures. I'm pretty sure cell phones in 1997 didn't have cameras on them...I remember my now-husband's phone from around that time having an LCD display...phone games consisted of that one where the snake goes and eats apples and gets longer...and, I think, Tetris. Even when I started my current job in 2001, digital cameras were giant, certainly compared with real cameras of the time.

Overall, a job well done, and a nice read. smile

-Cindy

"No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space."
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by CLeuch
Very nice little story - certainly much better than the original episode. I always thought the fight felt a little forced, too...I hate shows and movies that have the characters fight for the sake of fighting (we've been cruising through old Justice League cartoons on Netflix before they go away tomorrow, and, like, half of them fall in that category. They turn Superman into kind of a jerk. Also see: BvS). The evolution of the A plot was also better than the episode.

Only one note: the 4th part mentions the reporter using photos from his phone instead of Jimmy's pictures. I'm pretty sure cell phones in 1997 didn't have cameras on them...I remember my now-husband's phone from around that time having an LCD display...phone games consisted of that one where the snake goes and eats apples and gets longer...and, I think, Tetris. Even when I started my current job in 2001, digital cameras were giant, certainly compared with real cameras of the time.

Overall, a job well done, and a nice read. smile

-Cindy

Thanks Cindy! Yeah I couldn't remember exactly when the camera was added to the cell phones. Google said it was invented 1997 but didn't give much info on when it was released to the public. I remember it was late 90's my dad had a prototype flip phone with a small camera on it...but he worked for a cell phone manufacturing company and got access to a lot of the stuff before consumers did. thumbsup

This episode was so cringeworthy. It was set up for a fight and nothing more. They made both characters out of character. huh Justice Leauge cartoons aren't well received in this house. Neither of my kids will watch them and they both LOVE the New Animated Series of Superman. So that's saying something. Yeah BvS totally dropped the ball on that. It would have been better to create a rivalry between Bruce and Clark and build up to Batman vs Superman not this hokey...I'm going to kill you crap that got thrown at us. All the fanmade trailers, fanfics, and cartoons with this theme had these incredible storylines...but the professionals? They fall flat. wallbash

I'm glad you enjoyed my revamp of the episode and attempt to make it make sense. smile It's amazing what springs up when researching for your epics, right? rotflol

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Bravissimo! That was so much more bearable than the original episode. smile

~•~
Kerth
Kerth
Catching up on a lot... you go out of town for a couple weeks and everybody starts posting, huh? (no complaints! smile1 just more to read!)

This whole story was so great! I think the way you adapted this episode is wonderful, and has a lot more heart to it than the original. Loved the characterization, very realistic for the Lois and Clark we know.

wave

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
Bravissimo! That was so much more bearable than the original episode. smile

Thanks Queenie! Glad you enjoyed it! wave

Originally Posted by Mouserocks
Catching up on a lot... you go out of town for a couple weeks and everybody starts posting, huh? (no complaints! smile1 just more to read!)

This whole story was so great! I think the way you adapted this episode is wonderful, and has a lot more heart to it than the original. Loved the characterization, very realistic for the Lois and Clark we know.

wave

Haha yeah, a lot of new stories are making their way on the boards aren't they?

I'm glad you enjoyed the story. Just trying to fix what Season 4 writers broke. haha

Thanks for commenting wave

~ Folc4evernaday

Subscribe on YouTube
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard