Sleeping With the Boss
Folc4evernaday (folc4evernaday@gmail.com)
Rated: PG-13
Part 1

A/N: I hated the way Lois and Clark were written in Stop the Presses. It was forced and out of character, and honestly, it reeked. So here’s my fun rewrite to that episode that gives Lois and Clark a second chance at doing it right.
Chapter One
It had been a long and tiring day. Lois had been promoted to Editor, and Perry White was now working upstairs, making the normal day to day routine Clark Kent shared with his wife disappear. He was happy for her. She tried to hide the little gloat she had let out when Perry had announced her promotion, but she wouldn’t be his Lois without gloating a little. It would take some adjusting, but they would figure out how to work together with the new title, just like they always did.

Then there was the investigation into Eric Press. It seemed like every time he was getting somewhere there was a call for help….a very big call for help. The explosion at the Advanced Strategies Lab tonight had taken a lot out of him—more than he was willing to admit. Thankfully no one had been hurt. The researcher he’d spoken with said the computers were acting haywire. That was exactly how Dr. Klein had described STAR Labs computers when Eric Press had broken in. He knew he was onto something he just didn’t know what.

He unlocked the front door to the townhome and nearly ran into Lois as she was rushing out the door. “Whoah! Honey, slow down…”

Lois, throwing her coat on as she headed for the door, throwing her shoes on as she grabbed her keys gave him a quick kiss, “Sorry. Emergency. Tomorrow’s lead fell through. I’ve got to get down to the office.”

“Okay,” he nodded, giving her a hand with her jacket, “Did you already eat?”

Lois shook her head, “I’ll grab something on the way.” She turned to look at him and stopped short, “You look at little pale. Are you okay?” She ran her hand up his cheek.

He gave her a weak smile trying to lighten her up with a joke, “Sure. I just got blown up. No biggie.” At her wide-eyed expression, he chuckled, “Lois, I’m fine, really. Go.” He leaned in to kiss her.

Lois looked at him skeptically, “Are you sure?”

“Positive.” He leaned in to kiss her. “Go. Save the lead. I’ll be here when you get back.” He closed the door behind her and let out a long sigh. He really didn’t feel that great, but he wasn’t about to give Lois something else to worry about right now.

“Help! He’s got my car!” The cry for help reached his ears, and he let out a long breath. It seemed rest wasn’t something that would be happening tonight.

Lois raced through the newsroom, finding the legal team and the reporter, Janet that had not validated her source before sending her story to print waiting for her. She’d said Perry had already signed off on it. She’d said it was a solid story.She'd lied.

“Perry signed off on this, huh?” Lois glared at her as she slammed the door to the conference room.

“It was a solid lead,” Janet argued.

“I’m sure it was.” Lois folded her arms over her chest angrily. Seeing the empty newsroom behind the team of lawyers that had taken up shop in the conference room was only a bitter reminder of the fact that her evening at home with Clark had been interrupted because of the incompetence of one reporter. Recalling her past run-ins with Perry, she forced herself to calm down.

“Ms. Lane…”

“You lied to me.” Lois continued. “You lied to me and because of that all of us are stuck here working late missing time with our families…”

“I know. I’m sorry.”

“Well? How are we going to fix this?”

Three hours later Clark finished up his patrol and headed home. He frowned when he landed on the balcony and saw Lois still wasn’t home. Changing direction, he headed toward the Planet to check on her.

“Lois?”

Slowly Lois began to come to. She frowned as she felt the stiff muscles in her lower back and the crick in her neck. Why wasn’t she in her bed? She looked around and saw Clark looking down at her in concern. She was in Perry’s—her office. The events of the evening came back to her, and she groaned.

“Clark? How long was I out?” She stood up, trying to stretch her tender muscles from her unconventional sleeping position.

Clark gave her an apologetic smile, “I’m not sure. I just got back from patrol and saw you weren’t home.”

“Janet was supposed to call when she finished rewriting,” Lois grumbled, allowing him to pull her onto his lap as she stared at the mess on her desk in disgust. The Front Page was still a mess.

Clark picked up a redlined story on her desk, “This story?”

Lois glared at the article in his hand angrily, “You know they wouldn’t dream of doing something like this to Perry.”

“I’m sorry. Any luck on your lead?” Clark asked, moving to rub her shoulders.

“Sorta, I’ve got this rewritten, but a lot had to get cut out which meant I needed to find something to fill the extra space we have on the front page. So I’ve had to rework the whole City section. I’ve got the lab explosion, but no pictures. I’ve got pictures of the fire on Third and no story. I’ve got – Several stories in the mix and-- I don’t know. Perry made this job look a lot easier.” She sighed happily as his magic fingers continued to knead the tense muscles in her back. “That. Keep doing that. It feels good.”

He placed a kiss against her neck and whispered, “This?”

She grinned, looking back at him, “A little lower.”

“What do you got left to do?” He asked, running his hands up and down her lower back, tracing the outline of the back of her ribcage with his hands.

“I’ve gotta check Janet’s article against Legal’s…” She let out a long sigh as she felt a warm sensation spread across her lower back. “That feels nice.”

“Where’s the Legal Notice?” He asked.

She pointed to the folder in front of her, and his heavenly touch was removed from her lower back as he sifted through the folder. “Did they cover everything?” He flipped to the last page. “A hundred page memorandum?”

“They like to be thorough.” Lois rolled her eyes. Then pointed at her shoulders, “Speaking of thorough.” She laughed as she watched him flip through the file at super-speed before turning his attention back to massaging her lower back and shoulders.

She reached for the copy of Janet’s story, leaning back against him. “All right, Mr. Encyclopedia. Help me finish this up so we can go home.”

His body rumbled against her as he laughed, “Gladly.”

After sending the paper to print and helping Lois double check Janet, the new city beat reporter’s story against all the Legal Notices on what could not be said in the article. It had taken everything in him not to fly her home at super-speed when he’d found her asleep at her desk this evening. He knew she wouldn’t have appreciated him trying to ‘mother hen’ her as she’d put it countless times.

He’d been mildly ticked when he saw the empty conference room and Lois alone in her office. Why everyone thought it was okay to just leave Lois alone to do the heavy lifting he didn’t understand. They were taking advantage of her being new in her role as Editor in Chief. As Lois had stated earlier, they wouldn’t dream of doing something like this to Perry. He hated that this was something he couldn’t fix for her. Helping her speed through what he could to get them both back home was all he could think of to let them both get the rest they needed. The more his hands moved up and down her back though the less he was thinking about rest.

“Okay, that’s everything.” Lois sighed, leaning against him as he kneaded at the sensitive flesh of her neck and shoulders. “You feel good.”

“You’re very tense.” He remarked, aiming another long blast of heat vision toward the tight muscles of her back.

“It’s been a tense day.” She whispered, looking back at him with a half-smile. “Thanks for helping me finish up. You’re very handy to have around.”

“Glad to be of service.” He placed a kiss on her shoulder as his hands moved up the back of her neck. She let out a soft moan, reaching her arm back to finger the hair on the back of his neck. He smiled against her neck as he replaced his hands with his lips, nibbling on the sensitive skin.

He pulled her closer, feeling his body respond as she reached behind her, running her palm over the length of his thigh. “I’ve missed you.” She sighed happily. He groaned his approval as he felt her press against him.

“I missed you too.” He managed just before she turned in his arms, sliding onto his lap as she feathered his face in heated kisses. He groaned against her lips as she hiked up her skirt to allow enough room to straddle him. He ran his hands up and down the length of her legs as he captured her mouth with his own.

She tugged on his tie, loosening it from his cotton shirt and tossed it to the ground. “So, not fair.” She murmured, working her way down the long line of buttons on his dress shirt. “At least when we’re partnered up…I can…” His hand moved up her skirt, running his palm over her round bottom in search of his target. “Oh!” She looked back at him in surprise as he tugged her pantyhose down with her panties. “Oh, please tell me you left the suit at home…” She moaned, tugging his shirt out of his pants as she reached for his belt buckle.

“What do you think?” He murmured against her.
It was bound to happen. They both knew it. They had yet to spend a single night together as husband and wife without making love so it shouldn’t have come as a surprise. She opened her mouth to let out a soft ‘oh’ as her husband leaned her back onto the desk.

In the back of her mind, she could hear something ringing as she slowly came back to herself. A lazy smile spread across her face as she reached out to stroke her husband’s face. “We should just stay like this forever. Save...so much time.” She murmured, running her hands over his perfectly sculpted chest, glancing down at his naked torso.

“Might make going on rescues a little awkward.” He teased.

She giggled, “Yeah, that suit’s distracting enough as it is.” She could have sworn she heard something ringing.

His body rumbled against hers as he laughed. She grinned back at him, and he leaned in to kiss her, “You feeling any better?”

“Yeah, I think so. I didn’t realize how much went into Perry’s job until I had it. Kinda overwhelming.” She commented with a sigh.

“You’ll get the hang of it. Perry wouldn’t have given it to you if he didn’t think you could handle it.”

“I know.” She whispered sadly. “It’s just different is all…being the boss.”

“For what it’s worth I think you’re doing a good job.” He whispered in her ear, “Even if I did have to fight the urge to carry you home when I found you asleep at your desk earlier.”

Lois laughed, “You didn’t!”

“And give your missing partners in crime a piece of my mind…I didn’t think you’d appreciate that though.”

“No.” She sighed, “but thank you for wanting to.” She leaned against him, running her hands up and down his chest, feeling the velvety smooth skin beneath her fingertips. “Your color’s back to normal.”

“I told you I’m fine.” He cupped her cheek. “Just a run in with a lab explosion.”

“You didn’t look fine.” Lois pressed, resting her head on his chest. “What happened earlier?”

“I think—because I can’t prove it yet—Eric Press hacked into the computer system at that lab and set off that explosion the minute I arrived.”

“What?? Clark!” Lois looked at him in concern.

“I’m fine.” He reassured her, “really. But whatever Eric Press is planning—can’t be good for the people of Metropolis.”

“I thought he was just a hacker. I mean, all he’s done is hack into the government systems…”

“STAR Labs.” Clark added, “School and bank records. I know, but this had his MO written all over it. He could have killed a lot of people today.”

“Makes you wonder why the change though, doesn’t it?” She sat up, reaching for her bra that had been discarded earlier.

“Yeah, but…” A sharp knock at the door echoed inside her office, and they both turned toward her office door.

“Ms. Lane? Are you in there? It’s Roy from the Press Room…”

Lois frantically began throwing on the clothing items she’d been so eager to remove as Clark spun back into his suit. “Um, just a minute!” She called glancing at the door in dismay when she saw it was not locked like she had thought earlier. “You didn’t lock the door.” She whimpered, fumbling with the buttons to her blouse.

“I came in through the window.” He pointed behind her. “I thought you locked it.” He helped her with her jacket.

“Where’s my panty hose?” She looked around the desk and couldn’t find it.

“Ms. Lane?”

“Oh, just forget it.” She mumbled, toeing her feet into her shoes and heading for the door. “Uh, yes?” She hoped it wasn’t too obvious what she and Clark had been doing in her office just a few minutes ago.

“We’ve got a jam on the printing press. Nothing’s going in or out tonight I’m afraid.” Roy explained.

“Can’t you just call a repairman?” Lois asked, slightly annoyed, holding the door in place. It was nearly ten o’clock at night, and it seemed ridiculous that she was getting pulled into a problem with an obvious solution. She could hear Clark chuckle lightly from behind her.

“We can, but we need authorization…for the bill.” Roy explained. “We’ve been calling for the last half hour…Might want to check your phone settings.”

Lois felt the heat rush to her cheeks as she glanced back at the phone that had been kicked off her desk from her and Clark’s frenzied lovemaking. “I’ll be sure to do that.” She said, pasting her best smile across her face. “What do you need from me?”

“Need a signature to authorize the service call on the printing press.” He handed her the clipboard.

She quickly scribbled her signature on the clipboard and handed it back to him. “Anything else?”

“That’s it. You have a good night, Ms. Lane.” He said then with a twinkle in his eye called out, “Mr. Kent.”

Clark laughed harder from behind the door, and she widened the door, “Night Roy.”

Lois closed the door behind him and sighed, “Can we go home now?”

TBC...

Comments Go Here

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube