Print Thread
BJ Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks for reading. Comments?

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey, first one in the fdk thread! That's never usually me - I'm usually bringing up the rear, haha. Anyway..

Part 10 was really good. I'm liking the Henderson of this world - his interaction with Lois was fun. Seeing Lois trying to catch the bad guy (or girl) without letting anyone know about her "secret identity" was neat and a good role reversal - usually that's Clark's gig!

“Strong emotions. Sometimes I get random thoughts by accident.” Lois pointed at his partner. “Like earlier when Kowalsky’s tapped my arm I felt that he’s cheating at something, cards maybe, and is nervous you’ll realize it. As a side note, it doesn’t take psychic abilities to see that Kowalsky wouldn't recognize evidence if it appeared by magic in the form of a jelly doughnut.”

That last line about the jelly doughnut just tickled me. Nice writing!

Lois hesitated briefly. Keeping her past a secret was an ingrained habit and she was loath to tell him the most painful aspects of her life. However, she’d also been waiting years to share everything with Clark. There really was no reason to hold back now.

Awww. I like them sharing. It's not easy to bare yourself completely to someone, especially someone that you care so deeply about... but it's necessary for the relationship. I'm glad Lois trusts him enough to go to those darker places. I feel like this chapter is her letting go, and I'm glad for her. Telling him about her past is only going to strengthen their bond. I joke that I love their passion and physical connection - and while we all do - their emotional connection is what really gets me. You've done that really well in this story so far.

Speaking of that...

Tentatively, Clark reached up and took off his foil helmet. He set it on her coffee table and then leaned forward to remove Lois’s cap as well. Her eyes were wide and shining, but she didn’t move away. He heard her heartbeat trip and settle into a gallop as he took her hand. Clark closed his eyes and focused on his feelings for her, of friendship, respect, acceptance, and love.

A heartbeat later, he heard her gasp and then the feelings rebounded tenfold back to him. When he felt her love for him flow through him, he thought he might burst. He opened his eyes in time to see Lois lurch forward to throw her arms around him. He pulled her close, closed his eyes, and let the feelings fill him up.

Gorgeous. Just gorgeous. I think I got a little teary. I always get happy when they finally figure it out!

Clark slid his arm up her back to frame her face with both hands as her skin flushed and her pupils dilated. He caught an image of them intimately entwined, their clothing rapidly disappearing and he smiled wickedly. Lois grinned back, but didn’t break eye contact. He leaned in to kiss her again when the phone rang.

All right, you got me. I was all mushy, and now I'm back to yay-for-rapidly-disappearing-clothing! haha. You gotta love these two.

Looking forward to part 11!

Tracey:)

BJ Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Tracey, I really appreciate your comments on this part. The reveal can be tricky. I didn't want to make it too easy, but I also didn't want to make it too hard. Lois has felt like Clark is his best friend her whole life, after all.
I'm liking the Henderson of this world - his interaction with Lois was fun.
His interactions with Lois in any universe are usually fun. His participation in this story has been a lot of fun to write. Glad the 'jelly doughnut' made you giggle. Me, too.
It's not easy to bare yourself completely to someone, especially someone that you care so deeply about
No. It isn't. For those that had a rough childhood, like these two, it's even hard for people that have been together for years. The emotional connection is what makes a relationship, but it can be so hard sometimes to get there.
Just gorgeous. I think I got a little teary.
Aww. And yay! clap
I was all mushy, and now I'm back to yay-for-rapidly-disappearing-clothing!
This made me smile. Thanks for your feedback on this part. Part 11 is coming right up.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard