BJ Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
What do you think? Too quick?

Kerth
Kerth
wave

“Who’s been telling you …?” Sam Lane stopped speaking when he saw his daughter slip out from behind his brother’s back. His face darkened in anger as he growled her name. “Lois.”

This is great. The tally of bad guys who have had their comeuppance in this exact way at the hands of Lois Lane is immeasurable. Such a great way to wrap her experiences with her father as well.

“Oh, we’re not just any paper, sir,” the cameraman piped up. “I’m from the Daily Planet.
You probably haven't heard of them.

Clark inspired her. He’d been able to accomplish so much on his own, retaining his good and gentle nature while he experienced one disappointment after another in the foster care system. He’d made it, somehow, and if he could do it, then so could she. If he could escape the natural laws of the universe, then surely Lois Lane could escape her imprisonment.

Aww. Waffy even in the darkest of moments. So glad you included this bit of reflection; it helps underscore Lois' relationship with Clark. They always push each other to do better.

She didn’t notice the figure staring at their departing backs from the shadows of the gatehouse.
Uh-oh. peep

but the reporters present hadn’t understood his hesitation outside the bank. Lois had. He had tried to hide it, but the camera had caught his expression when’d he’d landed a little harder than usual. The thieves had had kryptonite.
Points to Lois for being able to pick up on Clark's reaction to kryptonite even! Very astute. Also, I like that you don't have Clark petulantly defending his actions here. Even though everyone saw the rescue and is talking bad about him, he's not shouting there-was-kryptonite in everyone's faces, even though it's a perfectly legitimate excuse. Poor noble Clark just internalizes it all.

Suddenly, he felt the warmth of an embrace wrap around him and he took a shuddering breath. He closed his eyes tightly and let the familiar feelings of support flow through him, unconditional acceptance stealing over him and filling him with love and reassurance. Although his parents had been gone for twenty years, it seemed like they still managed to comfort him in times of need. His father’s strength and his mother’s consoling words had been with him through every challenge.
Oh. mecry So poor orphan Clark has been thinking he was receiving these thoughts of encouragement from his parents all these years? Poor Clark.

That wasn’t his mother’s voice. That was Lois!
Haha! laugh

You can read people’s minds…> Clark suddenly felt violated.

Uhm, pot, meet kettle. Mr-x-ray-vision over here. wallbash

As for you, I first started playing with my ‘imaginary’ friend, Clark, when I was four years old.>

<Imaginary friend…I had an imaginary friend when I was little. A little girl…Lolo?>

<Lolo was what Lucy called me when she was little.>
Awww! He had an imaginary friend named Lolo? AWWWWWWWWW the feels! sloppy

He’d been missing this Lois, *his* Lois, and he hadn’t even known it.
clap Finally it clicks!

Or we could explore just how much fun we could have combining telepathy and superpowers

Yes please! angel-devil

Great chapter! I loved the silent exchange between Lois and Clark. This was a perfect way to reveal Lois' powers to him as well. Excited to see where the next chapter goes!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Blogger
Blogger
No. It can never be too quick.

I love that Clark is finally beginning to understand their connection and his misplaced feelings for the wrong Lois. Now, there are enough parts left of the story for them to explore their relationship.

Merriwether
Merriwether
Now, there are enough parts left of the story for them to explore their relationship.
This. smile I love it when a story "solves" the relationship problem at the 2/3 point, which allows enough time to develop the relationship more deeply and let them solve the action plot together. smile

BJ Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks for the feedback, Mouserocks.
The tally of bad guys who have had their comeuppance in this exact way at the hands of Lois Lane is immeasurable.
Yes, totally. My guess is that Lois would say it's the bad guy's own fault that she is so good at catching them. They make bringing them down irresistible.
Aww. Waffy even in the darkest of moments. So glad you included this bit of reflection; it helps underscore Lois' relationship with Clark. They always push each other to do better.
Lois gained so much from her connection to Clark over the years. He did, too, even if he didn't realize it.
He had an imaginary friend named Lolo? AWWWWWWWWW the feels!
love

Hi Ann! wave Thanks for reading and commenting.
I love that Clark is finally beginning to understand their connection and his misplaced feelings for the wrong Lois. Now, there are enough parts left of the story for them to explore their relationship.
Yes, like KathyB said, we have some questions answered, a little exploration, and some a-plot coming right up.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great part!

“Oh, we’re not just any paper, sir,” the cameraman piped up. “I’m from the Daily Planet. We’ll be sure to get all the facts before going to print, but this little lady has already done most of the work for us.”

Go, Lois! I think I hear the words "Lois Lane, welcome to the Daily Planet" coming up in her future wink

She didn’t notice the figure staring at their departing backs from the shadows of the gatehouse.

Umm... but it was all going so well! She'd brought them down, she was free from all that... and then this line? What are you doing to me, man?!

Their telepathic conversation was really well-done. It makes sense to me that Clark would have believed that it was his parents all those years. I'm glad now that he knows that it was Lois who was always there for him.

Unbidden, his midnight conversation with the other Lois came to mind. “Look, about that ‘chemistry thing’ you mentioned… Just like it’s easy to confuse you and Clark… I think *you* have me confused with *her*. Your Lois. And those feelings are meant for her.”

Clark realized that the other Lois had been right. He had wondered how he could have feelings for someone he’d never met, but she was right. Maybe he had never even loved the other Lois, maybe his infatuation had just been his true feelings for his Lois, misplaced.

Bingo, Clark! Give the man a prize. So happy to see him come to this conclusion - very nicely done! It comes at a great time in the story.

She leaned over to touch her forehead against his and Clark closed his eyes. When he opened them again, he found himself staring directly at Lois’s chest. He shut his eyes and willed his mind to blankness, but it didn’t work. A glimpse of cleavage and heat suffused his face as some altogether inappropriate images flitted through his mind.

<Lois, can you hear *all* my thoughts?>

lol Busted, Clark.

Lots of developments happening... excited to see where part 10 goes!

Tracey smile

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
I've been reading and enjoying this story. I try not to read stories until they are done but lately I'm not doing a great job of that. I took a peek at part 1 and got hooked. Love where you've taken this. So glad Clark is finally seeing he has real feelings for Lois, not just residual from other Lois. Love their telepathic convos. Can't wait to read more.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
BJ Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thank you for your comments, Mouserocks.
Their telepathic conversation was really well-done. It makes sense to me that Clark would have believed that it was his parents all those years. I'm glad now that he knows that it was Lois who was always there for him.
It's good to know that Clark's belief that it was Martha and Jonathan helping him wasn't too much of a stretch and that it helps to explain why he didn't understand his connection with Lois for so long.

Hey Jackie! Thanks for responding. I'm glad to hear about what's working for the readers. Next part is coming up.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard