Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BJ Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
This part was a bit longer and covered a lot of ground. Let me know if I tried to cram too much into this chapter. I'd love to hear what you think.

Ta!

Kerth
Kerth
“It was my mom. For as long as I could remember, she devoured the newspaper every day. She also wrote frequent letters to the editor of the Smallville Post.” Clark had smiled. “My dad used to call her a ‘free spirit’. Anyway, one day, a reporter showed up at the door to interview my mom about her blue-ribbon apple pie, but his real motive was to meet that ‘rabble-rouser Kent lady’ his editor was always griping about.

*snort* Classic Martha. That nickname fits. It's probably a large part of why Clark's always so attracted to Lois-- she's not unlike his mama.

but whenever Clark tried to dig for details about how she had broken her stories over the years, she dredged up the same ‘psychic ability’ line. He couldn’t find fault in her for deflecting his questions to protect her sources, though. It was one of the things that made her the best in the business.
*click* Oh. So Clark *does* think she's pulling his leg. Makes much more sense. Little does he know. lol

Lois had been enthralled. She had laughed, looked at everything, exclaimed over each new natural beauty, and had even dared to fly with him side by side instead of cradled in his arms. He’d never flown with anyone that way before, but he knew he loved it.

Aww. Her enthusiasm is infectious even through text. I also like the nod to how Superman flew with Lois in the Reeve/Kidder movies.

“We knew that was a possibility when we agreed to get married. I understand you’re worried, but if this marriage is going to work, you have to trust me.”
shock Uh, Lois... you might have dropped something...

Without looking to ensure their curious colleagues were watching through the conference room windows, Lois grabbed his head with both hands and pulled him into a determined kiss.
drool blush thud Woo-hoo! Boy, I might need to pause for a drink after this scene. *fans self*

She knew Clark had misunderstood her fumbled attempts at sharing her own secret and she knew that she had to come clean soon about her abilities,
Aha. More clarification, got it. Now I'm excited again to see how the real reveal will go.

Very good chapter! I didn't mind the length of it, and I liked having a couple of extra breaks in the scenes. Looking forward to your next installment!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
BJ Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi again, Mouserocks. Thank you for your comments. I'm so glad you enjoyed this cameo of Martha. I never really explored what made both of these characters fall in love with journalism before. These two examples just made total sense to me. And, yes, I agree that Lois and Martha have a lot of similarities.
*click* Oh. So Clark *does* think she's pulling his leg. Makes much more sense. Little does he know.
Thanks for waiting for the information. Sometimes the structure of this story gets in the way. If these jolts of "hang on, when did that happen?" get too hard to deal with, please let me know. I hate knocking readers out of the story because the story doesn't make sense.
Aww. Her enthusiasm is infectious even through text. I also like the nod to how Superman flew with Lois in the Reeve/Kidder movies.
I find myself doing that on a regular basis, tossing in a Reeve/Kidder reference. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
I'm excited again to see how the real reveal will go.
Hang in there. Next part should be up tomorrow.

Merriwether
Merriwether
Ha, glad I wasn't the only one who thought of the Reeve/Kidder scene during their flying scene. smile

And, B, I love the additions you made to this chapter since I first read it. Longer chapters, yay! sloppy

BJ Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I'm glad you liked the additions to this chapter. It was due to you're awesome help. Thanks, KathyB!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Um, yes. A thousand times yes to this part. My favorite part so far! They kissed! And one hey of a kiss it was, too. But I'll get to that in a minute. For now, let me highlight some lines that I loved:

Clark had also discovered how tactile this Lois was. Where the other Lois had always carefully avoided touching him unless they were deliberately playacting, this Lois touched him all the time. Whether it was a backhanded slap to the arm for a tease, a sideways bump while laughing, or a consoling hand when he felt sad, Lois always seemed to be touching him. A little awkward at first, he now found himself craving it and doing the same with her; offering his arm while they walked together or touching the small of her back as they walked through a doorway.

Yes. Lois and Clark, in any universe, are always close. Weirdly, should-be-way-more-than-friends close, and everybody else in the newsroom can see it before they see it. I'm in the process of re-watching season 1 again (for the thousandth time), and even when they are just co-workers and kinda sorta friends, those two still gravitate toward each other no matter what. It's like personal space doesn't exist with them.

And then there was flying together, and her little moan as she enjoyed her food - which totally got Clark's attention - and him helping to take care of her hurt ankle. Love that!

No one bothered to wonder about the topic of these frequent arguments – that would soon be clear. There were at least three different office pools going about how they would end: one would kill the other, one would quit, or they would finally put everyone out of their misery and have sex.

lol What a great line. I love this time in their relationship! All that passion needs to be directed somewhere.

Clark tried not to smile at her fierce struggle to reach their foolhardy coworker. Ralph stepped back in fear as Lois made another lunge in his direction and Clark tightened his grip around her middle. He had thought that the other Lois was passionate, but this Lois made her seem like a cute little kitten next to the tiger in his arms.

Ha, this is a great line, too. I love the comparison, and I love that Clark is seeing their differences... bet he's beginning to figure out that he prefers his tiger wink

Love, love, love that she surprised him with a kiss. Terrific writing in those paragraphs! And then Star coming in and fanning herself with her notepad... that made me laugh. Lois sensing that pretty much all Clark can think about is kissing her again - loved that, too! It's cool how you just sorta slide that in, that casual mention of her gift.

He tried doing as she suggested, focusing his thoughts on the other Lois, about the way he had felt when they had worked together to save the other Clark from John Doe, but he couldn’t. His mind kept returning to this Lois, to the things he’d learned that made her unique, to the kiss they’d just shared, and the feelings it had evoked in him.

Um, probably because you love her, you crazy superhero! lol, I do love watching him beginning to realize that his feelings for his Lois are eclipsing what he felt for our Lois. I feel like that's so important to this story. Well done!

Glad to see other parts already posted! I like not having to wait for that next part!

Tracey smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard