Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#276185 07/07/17 08:52 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
As promised we now have a introduction thread for the month. This past month we had three new members join the boards:

cloisfan
Thevamps
BlueWarbler

If everyone could take a few minutes to introduce yourself and welcome them to the fold. Please and Thank you.

wave hyper

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
N
Features Writer
Features Writer
N
Hi! wave

I'm Feli; I'm a mum with two little girls, living in not-so-sunny Toowoomba in Queensland, Australia. In the small amount of spare time I have between work and looking after my kids, I like to sew and of course, write fanfic. I'm also a member of this year's Kerth organising committee (along with folc4evernaday and Deadly Chakram).

Welcome to the boards; it's always great to see new members, and I hope you enjoy this community as much as I do!

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I'm Val.

I'm a mother to three (two on Earth and one in heaven). Most of everyone here calls me "Folc" but I answer to either. I'm a graphic web designer by trade and in my spare time I enjoy making videos, writing, and designing graphics. smile1

I along with Feli and Vicki (Nostalgiakick and Deadly Chakram) am a part of the KCOM. peep Welcome to the boards and I hope you enjoy the boards. We're a lot of fun wink dance party

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Kerth
Kerth
Super glad we're doing this! Great idea!

Hi! I'm Mouse (aka Emma although I did early on go by another pseudonym which I no longer use goofy ) Totally fine with whatever you'd like to call me.

I am 24 years old and have been afk for a while now, trying to get back into the swing of things around here, still catching up on a lot of fics so apologies if I've missed some! I am a graphic designer/multimedia designer and live up in Northern California. I am your all-around nerd friend, but I love Star Wars and Superman the most (and our Superman above all others). So I'm always up for a chat about the latest movie or show, too. (I pretty much watch it all: Marvel, DC, indie films, CW shows, PLL although don't talk to me about that one yet wallbash , anything by Shonda Rhimes, House of Cards, etc, etc)

If you haven't read any of my work, I'll add a precursor here: I like drama. Be that angst, crazy situations, deathfics or WHAM. I don't write it exclusively (most of my shorter stories are WAFFy), but if it's not your cup of tea it's all good. I also have a hard time finishing a story, so I'm trying to go back and wrap up several WIPs as well.

These boards have been an awesome way to make some like-minded friends and get some amazing, quality reads in. We're a super-friendly community, unlike some other boards I've been on or even just ff.net, so never hesitate to say hi, jump in a conversation, or even send a PM! I love hearing from lurkers and/or longtime readers out there! And don't hesitate to post a story or something either. I know I've written some spectacularly bad stuff in the past, so don't even think for a second that what you've written isn't worth posting! At the very least, it's a great way to fine-tune your skills, and I may get a new favorite story out of it. (Not selfishly motivated at all. grin )

This is a shoutout to everyone I haven't properly met yet on these boards, including this month's batch. (Although a specific shoutout to you, cloisfan, Thevamps, and BlueWarbler, because you've made an awesome decision to sign up for these boards!) So hello and keep in touch! wave

Whew. Sorry. I also like to ramble.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi new FoLCs!

I'm BJ (aka Brenda), I live in Georgia (USA), am a mom to two children, and am a preschool teacher. I discovered fan fiction almost 15 years ago and LnC almost 10 years ago. I love writing fan fiction as a creative outlet and have made some really good friends through the process.

Welcome!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Greetings to all! Welcome aboard!

Morgana here. I live on the East Coast with my husband Ted and our pets Dax and Nimitz. A sweet yellow Lab and a rather insane kitty. Its been seven years since I started writing Lois and Clark stories and the experience has been fabulous! Please by all means read, comment and of course add a story or three. This is a very kind and extremely supportive writing community. wave

Last edited by Morgana; 07/08/17 08:34 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi all!

I'm Deadly Chakram, but most just call me DC around here. Or Vicki.

I'm another East Coaster (born and bred in the Bronx, NY, transplanted to CT). My husband (Chris) and I are parents to twin daughters (Ashley and Kayla), as well as two cats (Ariel and Mufasa).

I've been a fan of Lois and Clark since it was airing on television. I was 10 or 11 at the time. My dad was watching it one day and I joined him since I already liked Superman and Superman II. I fell in love with the show and as soon as they were released on DVD, I bought them/requested them as birthday/Christmas gifts. But I really only got a chance to marathon screen them back in 2011. I fell in love all over again and decided to reenter the world of fanfiction (I used to write LOTR and Xena stuff during college). AntiKryptonite directed me to these boards from fanfiction.net. I've been writing nearly non-stop since.

This past year, I was part of the Kerth Committee with Val and Feli.

If you are reading this, I hope you decide to come and stay awhile. This is an amazing community of writers and just awesome people in general. Feel free to jump on in! Post a story or come in, read, and leave a comment. Every little bit helps - tell us what you like and don't be afraid to leave constructive criticism, if need be.

Hope to see you on the boards!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Welcome to all the new members. Thank you for signing up and not just lurking without letting us know that you're out there.

I'm VirginiaR, one of the long-winded writers on this site. wink I live in the Pacific NW and have two pre-teens, who are determined to turn my hair grey before its time. For 10 years I was a stay-at-home mom and I've just started working at a high school office. It makes me appreciate what good kids my kids really are. I must've done something right. (I blame Martha for being a good role model.)

Let's see, I'm one of those horrible people who didn't watch L&C live the first time around (Yep, I watched SeaQuest peep ), but only discovered it (to the point of addiction) in the last ten years. I never read fanfic before watching L&C (see, addiction), let alone tried to write anything. Before picking up the pen to write L&C Fanfic, I had written a couple of unpublished romance novels.

I tried to read fanfic on other websites before discovering these message boards, but I found it really difficult to read stories. I couldn't find the next part, or wasn't informed in advance it was a WIP (Work in Progress) and then when I went back to read more, I couldn't find the story again, because it wasn't organized well. When I landed here I started off reading a MLT story and well, never left. (I did lurk for about 9 months while I wrote 75% of Missing Lois, but THEN I never left.) Everyone here has been very kind and supportive. It's still interesting to see the wide range of stories and plots keeping our favorite characters alive in cyberspace.

It seems as there are waves of times when writers/readers are on the boards. I wish I had more free time to write and post and read and leave feedback, but RL is becoming more demanding. I'm currently working on two(ish) stories. One LONG Epic (Wrong Clark) and one NFIC that I'm about 10 parts into.

Anyway, Welcome to the boards! Please feel free to post stories or just stop by to leave feedback/comments.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Hello,

I'm scifiJoan (aka Joan). I'm in the Midwest. I discovered L&C on Netflix around 2010 and then found this site. I used to write a lot of fanfiction for this show and others but having two teenagers has taken up most of my time in the past few years.

Welcome to the group! Looking forward to hearing what you have to share.

Joan

Columnist
Columnist
Hello, I'm new and I've been posting like crazy the last couple of days. My name is Carrie or CRene or Carrie Rene. I live in North Carolina but originally from Michigan. I have loved anything Superman since the original Christopher Reeves movies. My favorite has always been Lois and Clark TNAOS. I have comic books, games, tshirts, etc. Actually anything DC superhero our family loves I have just always been Superman obsessed (first tattoo was always going to be symbol)

I have been reading the fics on LCfanfic for over a decade, but it is only recently I came out of hiding.

I've been married almost five years with two daughters (11 and 3). We live at my sister's where I help watch my niece and another girl who is 4. I also homeschool all of the girls during the day.

I tend to babble like Lois. I have been writing fanfiction for years and creating fanart for just as long. I am glad to finally find a group who loves L&C as much as I do.

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard